Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

we will lose to kentucky, but it will be a good thing

Started by bigpigpimpin, February 27, 2015, 10:52:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

After a long winning streak, sometimes getting beat it a good thing. Lose this one, get refocused for the last two and tournament time. I don't see them beating UK, but I don't think it's a bad thing. I think it could actually set in motion a sweet 16 or elite 8 run

jgphillips3

We might lose...but we may just beat them.  No way to know the outcome on this one.

collins4heisman

Terrible thread, trying to cope with a loss before it happens. Lol. Beating Kentucky is the best thing that could happen, it gives us the confidence to we know we literally could beat anybody in the country going into the NCAA tourny. Its not really as humbling to get beat by a team who everyone knows is the best in the country. It would actually be better to lose to a less talented team in the sec tourny because it would humble them by showing they're not invincible

40MINSOFHELL

Kentucky may not lose tomorrow but they will lose and if it happens in the NCAA tourney, it will be hilarious.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: collins4heisman on February 27, 2015, 11:18:59 am
Terrible thread, trying to cope with a loss before it happens. Lol. Beating Kentucky is the best thing that could happen, it gives us the confidence to we know we literally could beat anybody in the country going into the NCAA tourny. Its not really as humbling to get beat by a team who everyone knows is the best in the country. It would actually be better to lose to a less talented team in the sec tourny because it would humble them by showing they're not invincible

Exactly. Beating UK on their home floor would prove this team can beat anyone in the country on a give day. Nothing lost by losing this one, everything gained.

Even a blowout loss serves nothing more than to show UK is as elite as everyone thinks/knows. Are they flawless, no. Can they be beaten? We'll find out.

Tomhog™

UK is beatable and the Hogs are good enough to hang on to a win.  The first half against TAMU showed what kind of potential Arkansas has.  I'm not counting them out in the least.  Besides, the Hogs have had the Wildcat's number in spite of "lesser" talent over the last couple of years. I'd like to be a thorn in their side yet again.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Beating UK would give this program an unbelievable amount good press. Many help in next years big time recruting class (Monk, Davis and Fisher)

This is a rare game that could bring bigger exposer than a Sweet 16 run

Hoggish1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 27, 2015, 10:52:56 am
After a long winning streak, sometimes getting beat it a good thing. Lose this one, get refocused for the last two and tournament time. I don't see them beating UK, but I don't think it's a bad thing. I think it could actually set in motion a sweet 16 or elite 8 run

Same thing could be said of a UK fan about KY. 

KY has got the biggest Monkey of all on it's back because it wants to go 40-0.  I don't think they can do it.

With each victory the weight just grows until it will crush them the last couple games of the NCAA...

We should beat them, if they had any sense, but NO—they want to be the gods of BB.

They will be sorry with that arrogant attitude.

WhewPig

Not sure it "will be a good thing". Last year we were riding a 6-game win streak when we lost 83-58 to a 12-18 Bama in our last SEC game of the year. We went on to lose our next game in the first round of the SEC tournament to a 13-19 South Carolina that ended our tournament hopes. I know the circumstances are different, and the team has gotten a lot better. Just saying that a loss this late in the year isn't necessarily a "good thing". I'd much rather have the possibility of riding a 10-game win streak going into the SEC tournament.

alohawg

I hope the Hogs win, not holding my breathe though.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HiggiePiggy

We just need to lay down and have a good bleed......
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HF#1

I damn sure not throwing in the towel like the OP.  I think we can win.  We have proven we can win at Rupp.  They can be beat.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HogWild7886

If we beat Kentucky, you think we will somehow lose focus after beating the #1 team on their home court? Makes sense

Pigliophile

The closer it gets the more I'm feeling a win. Mostly because I am hating the filth being spewed by UK fans.

WPS! Throw the hammer down this weekend!  :razorback:

collins4heisman

never go full retard

WhiteHairedDevil

Please keep your negativity to yourself.

choppedporkextrasauce

Sorry but your logic is flawed.

TM Hog

The good news is that all the pressure is on Kentucky.  My Razorbacks can play loose and have a good time.  There is no pressure on Arkansas at all in this game.

BadHog

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 27, 2015, 11:38:57 am
UK is beatable and the Hogs are good enough to hang on to a win.  The first half against TAMU showed what kind of potential Arkansas has.  I'm not counting them out in the least.  Besides, the Hogs have had the Wildcat's number in spite of "lesser" talent over the last couple of years. I'd like to be a thorn in their side yet again.

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

atekido

We were picked to lose the last 3 times too.  how did that work out?

WorfHog

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 27, 2015, 08:38:03 pm
It wasn't meant to be negative. I just have a feeling. And the positive spin, I think we beat the in the sec title game.
beating them tomorrow  will help our seeding. Beating them in the sec tourney will happen after the seedings are set.

mhuff

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 27, 2015, 11:38:57 am

Losing would be a good thing for Ky. I don't care if it's tomorrow or in the SECT.
They will not win out ,and a loss will make them not want to lose again.

Besides, as the man said.....Ky is beatable. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

elksnort

I did not pre-read.

Off-the-cuff, a ** title and concept.

If anything, we are playing with house money. 

I do not think that it hurts us if we lose. And more so I don't think it helps us if we lose.

razorbackkid

I can't think of a single negative to beating Kentucky today....or ever.  :razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

770john111

We might see them two more times on neutral court. Sec tourney and march madness

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 770john111 on February 28, 2015, 08:45:57 am
We might see them two more times on neutral court. Sec tourney and march madness

3-0 us!!!!!!

darkstar

Sorry, I hope for the win, but expect the loss.   I just hope its a close well played game.

rzrbk4life

We just have to be better than them for 40 minutes today. I think we can do that and I think we will. Go Hogs!
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 27, 2015, 08:40:47 pm
beating them tomorrow  will help our seeding. Beating them in the sec tourney will happen after the seedings are set.
How can the seedings already be set if the tourney champion gets an automatic bid to NCAA's

HiggiePiggy

alohawg

We now have a blueprint of what not do should we meet again.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Flatline

During the run of great teams in the 90's we always lost one late in the year and it seemed to make them more focused.

I believe that is what will happen.  Good call

HiggiePiggy

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net