Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Whitt had an...

Started by Swinesong1, January 06, 2015, 11:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Danny J on March 03, 2015, 10:44:30 pm
Everybody talking about Monk and rightfully so but IMHO this guy will have more of a impact overall at the UofA. Monk is a legit OAD....Whitt will be around for at least two years and fits our style to a T.

Hopefully OAD won't be in effect then?

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on March 03, 2015, 10:59:37 pm
Whitt should be a 4 year guy.  Don't see him as the type of player that will be able to leave within 2 years.  I would say a guy like Kevaughn Allen has a better chance because of his elite athleticism and his body is NBA ready.  Allen has a Eric Bledsoe/Russell Westbrook type game, NBA loves those type of guys.  Whitt, on the other hand, while athletic, is not an elite athlete, and he's more of a combo guard, will probably play more of the 2 spot in college, his game really fits what CMA does, and should be a great player for us, but don't think a 6'2 170ish (being generous) combo guard as small as he is will be getting much love on draft boards before his junior or senior year.
Last measurement I saw on him was approaching 6'4....I think 247 has him at that but not sure.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Danny J on March 03, 2015, 11:04:50 pm
Last measurement I saw on him was approaching 6'4....I think 247 has him at that but not sure.

Anyone know what his actual wingspan is?  Some sites say 6'9", found one that said 7'3".  Either way, he can probably jump rope with his arms.

QuoteA consensus top 70 player in the class of 2015, Whitt participated in the USA Basketball Men’s Junior National Team mini-camp held in early October in Colorado Springs. The long 6-foot-4 guard who has a 7-foot-3 wingspan enters his senior season already holding the school’s career mark for points (1,586) and steals (303).

choppedporkextrasauce

He will create a lot of offense with that wingspan.

Swinesong1

Danny J

Swinesong1

Quote from: Danny J on March 03, 2015, 11:26:23 pm
That is ridiculous.....6'9" wingspan for a guy 6'2 to 6'4....just crazy.
Only two inches shorter than Qualls' and Qualls has some long arms.

Pinkyhog

He is going to be a great  :razorback: