Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#3 Jenks v #1 Muskogee (OK HS FB on Cox)

Started by hydrophonic, October 06, 2006, 07:32:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hydrophonic

Two of the better teams in Ok, obviously.

Just kicked off.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

hydrophonic

UA commit Timmy Dial from Jenks wears #12.

hydrophonic

I'm not sure about this - I was flipping back and forth to the game on FSN - but I think Muskogee's starting QB got hurt on the kick off.

hydrophonic

Muskogee's first series pretty much bombed, but so did Jenks'.  Teams exchange punts and Muskogee takes over at their own 8 yard line with 8:46 left in the first quarter.

hydrophonic

YIKES!

Muskogee tries a quick kick on 3rd and 18 from their own 1.  The ball rolls out of bounds at the 15 yard line.

hydrophonic

3 plays, 15 yards capped by a 12 yard TD pass.  7-0 Jenks.

hydrophonic

Former Union HC Bill Blankenship is doing sideline reporting this year.  He's pretty funny sometimes.  They threw to him and it was quite for a moment and then "Uh, hey guys I don't see the camera but  the coaches over here..."

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up next year.

hydrophonic

Muskogee was only able to get one first down before punting, but did flip the field.  Jenks offense gets a first down or two and returns the favor.

Muskogee takes over on their own 18 with 1:06 left in the first quarter.

hydrophonic

Muskogee's offense is really struggling.  Jenks defense looks really good, keeping in mind that Muskogee is playing their back up QB.

2nd quarter about to start.

hydrophonic

Jenks losses yardage on a punt return, but starts at the Muskogee 48.

hydrophonic

14-0 Jenks with 8:33 left in the half.

Muskogee's defense looks pretty good, but their offense isn't helping them at all.

hydrophonic

October 06, 2006, 08:19:24 pm #11 Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 08:35:31 pm by hydrophonic
Mistake on a return forces Muskogee to start at their own 8 yard line.  I'm not keeping stats, but I bet their average start has been about the 15.

PI on 3rd & 7 gets MHS a first down on their 27.  Their running gam....

Wow.  Jenks HC Allan Trimble  just got a sideline warning an then and immediate flag for sideline interference.  Sort of looks like a young official was trying to stand his ground against a coach with 7 state championships.

hydrophonic

hydrophonic

In one drive, Jenks was hit with PI, Roughing the Passer, and Sideline Interference.  I think each of those were 15 yarders.  Still, Muskogee did a good job of getting their offense moving, getting a 27 yard FG.  Their running game looks pretty good.  They really needed a TD to keep up with Jenks though.

14-3 1:15 left in the half.

hydrophonic

Officiating crew cost Jenks about 15 seconds on a drive, which probably was the difference between a TD and a 33 yard FG attempt that was missed.

14-3 Jenks at the half.

hydrophonic

Flipped back from the FSN game, Jenks picked up a TD and Muskogee's offense was just coming on the field after the kick off.

21-3 Jenks, just under 8 left in the 3rd.

hydrophonic

Jenks got a TD on a fumble recovery by that big DT.  This one isn't nearly as close as the 28-3 score.