Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 Ways To Get the Result USA Needs Against Germany Thurs.

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, June 25, 2014, 12:45:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

1.  Attack(A), attack(B), attack(C):

I would like to see the crafty Wondo up top with Dempsey, and push Bradley a little more forward in the "diamond".  We will get 3 or 4 opportunities and we need to put them away.  That's why I would go with Wondo instead of Johannsson.  Wondo gives us a quickness, scrappiness and is unconventional - something Germany is not used to.  Johannsson is the kind of big striker they are used to seeing, but he's just not as good...yet.  (B)Regardless, we need to get Bradley involved early and get him the ball in the middle of the field in good position so he can create.  Germany's defense struggled against the quicker/faster Ghanaians.  We have that kind of speed, but even better skill.  We are more likely to score on through balls or low crosses on the ground than in the air against the big German defenders.  (C) We need more activity on the defensive wings going forward when they have the opportunity, and our opposite side needs to be disciplined and be ready to get back, slide over and cover for them. 

2.  Frustrate Lahm: 

He is a right back defender who has been moved to the midfield.  He's the captain and everything runs through him.  If Schweinsteiger is brought in for him, bring in some fresh legs also.  Beckerman and the midfielders on either side need to swarm them and win the ball early, and not get backed into our box.

3. Shadow Klose and contain Podolski/Mueller:

I have a feeling Klose may start and maybe Podolski.  Regardless, we will probably see them at some point. Cameron needs to shadow Klose, and Howard needs to come out and be more aggressive on crosses.  Klose is not going to create his own shot.  Podolski and Mueller concern me the most, that's why winning the midfield is so important.  We cannot give them room to operate close to our goal.

4.  Win the Ball and Keep Your Cool:

Control the ball when you win it, don't just clear it into the stands.  Show this opponent that this is a new era of American soccer, and that we can play the game the way it should be.  When they come at us to win it back, it will open up our attack.

5.  Dig down deep: 

These guys will be 4 years older next time they get this chance. That is a lot in soccer years.  This is one of those pre-game locker room speeches that Klinsmann has to deliver, and it has to be epic.  No excuses, reach deep down inside and find a way to gut it out.  Play the game of your life.

If we do these, I think we win or at the very least tie. 

Then anything can happen.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

And btw, I don't believe for a second that we've worked out a draw with Germany.  They want to win this game.

The only scenario I see us both "agreeing" to a tie, is if we are tied the last 20 or 15 minutes of the game.  At that point, I can see both teams backing of and just kicking it around.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07