Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 14, 2005, 04:53:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

He was found dead Sunday morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. :-[

R.I.P.  1967 - 2005
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SirLoin

This season is now even more of a roller-coaster.  After our first up, this happens.

The_Bionic_Pig

November 14, 2005, 04:58:48 pm #2 Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 05:02:22 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
When he didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced their way into the room, police said.

There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office.

He was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.

(DAMMIT I WISH I HAD CABLE TO SEE RAW TONIGHT)

Here is the entire story - http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5724790.html
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

sowmonella

I wouldn't be surprised if steroids is involved. It's sad to see someone cut down in the prime of life.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

maniax22bolts20

http://www.wwe.com/ full coverage and memorials/testemonials   dear God what a shame.

Lando Calrissian

I know I posted this in the Tavern, but I took a pee next to him in the Dallas Airport about 2 years ago.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

UAbandalum

Quote from: sowmonella on November 14, 2005, 05:25:33 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if steroids is involved. It's sad to see someone cut down in the prime of life.
Drugs probably were involved, but most likely not steroids.  Eddie has a history with alcohol and pot/coke.  My guess is it was one of those.  He's buff, but not buff enough to be on the 'roids. 

Vince had all of the wrestlers on the entry stage at the start of RAW this week.  It's one of the rare moments where both RAW and Smackdown superstars were on the same stage, and many openly weeping as Vince gave a eulogy of sorts and brief video montage.  It was a rare glimpse at the wrestlers truly being themselves and not their characters.  There were also many individual wrestler tributes played throughout the night, taped earlier in the day.  Batista, Chris Benoit, Lilian Garcia (ring announcer), and Shawn Michaels, among others, gave individual remembrances about Eddie.  It was cool.  I don't watch Smackdown, but I suspect they will do something similar on that show, too.