Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Official:" keep standing until the opponent scores" Thread

Started by Arazorbackguy1, January 15, 2006, 08:46:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

I would love for our faithful to continue standing and cheering until the opponent scores their first points.   It is very intimidating when there are 18k people standing until you score...  I think it really gets to the opponent.   Those who agree should bump this thread.   If you don't, then you must just be lazy ;)   :razorback: ;D
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Ugly Uncle

I am lazy, but I agree.  That is something that needs to happen.

BUT WE HAVE TO GET RID OF THE SIGNS THAT SAY, "hog fans are standing" or "hog fans are staying"  Those signs make me want to do the opposite.
Retired Radio Host

hogfan98

i vote keep standing all game, but then again i sit in the student section.

Arazorbackguy1

Same here Hogfan98,  How do we get this tradition started?

Arazorbackguy1

Oh yeah, and I can't stand the guy with the sign that reads:  "Young people make noise"        Maybe if he would put the sign down and yell, then BW might be louder!! ;) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hogfan98

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 15, 2006, 08:53:02 pm
Same here Hogfan98, How do we get this tradition started?

give people something to stand and cheer about.  when we start putting a top 20 team on the floor, the home court advantage will be back.  i remember when we didn't lose at home (even though my first ever game at BWA was the first ever loss in BWA against bama).

SupaCrawf

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 15, 2006, 08:48:56 pm
I am lazy, but I agree. That is something that needs to happen.

BUT WE HAVE TO GET RID OF THE SIGNS THAT SAY, "hog fans are standing" or "hog fans are staying" Those signs make me want to do the opposite.
I like the signs.  Mainly, b/c it's true.  What I don't understand is people who leave at halftime.  At the Missuori State game, I saw a couple get and leave and not come back.  That was a great game, and I actually had great seats, so I don't see them moving closer.  Why even go?

The best sign I saw was "Stay to Beat the Traffic." 
I'm kind of a big deal.

SupaCrawf

The other thing that bugs me is when we get on a run, and make 2-3 buckets, the place goes nuts.  But then if the other team hits one shot, everyone sits down.  Keep it going, turn it into a 16-2 run.  It is EASY to take our crowd out of the game. 

When I was leaving, I heard two people complaining.  One was a lady who said "those kids in front of us kept standing up.  It's so annoying."  Another was a guy complaining that the people behind him were "too loud."  If you don't like the atmosphere, stay home and give your tickets to someone who will cheer for the Hogs!
I'm kind of a big deal.

Ugly Uncle

The reason that I don't like the signs is because it says "if you are not standing then I am a better fan than you"  I jump up when I see signs saying, "lets call those hogs" or if a sign would say, "Rise up Hog fans!"  or "Let's make noise"  Anything like that.  But to assume because I am not doing or am doing something I am less of a hog fan than some toe head holding up a sign...just makes me not want to do it...and I don't.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

I do agree with you about one thing though....

Being a spectator at a Razorback game is no longer a spectator's sport.  You don't come and complain about people standing up or being loud.  If you want to sit down and it be nice and quiet for you to watch the hogs...watch it at your local neighborhood morgue or funeral home.  Don't come to BWA and sit on your hands and not scream like a maniac.  Nothing makes me angrier than knowing that those brats up at Duke make us look like a bunch of old ladies at a knitting party when it comes to making some noise for our hogs.
Retired Radio Host

PIGG

Uh, darn you guys for getting me started on how BWA has become a red hat society in recent years.  My friends and I (all rabid hog fans, oh yes) jacked front row seats right behind the press tables and the visitors bench.  During our shouting and cheering, I heard some people behind me complaining that they couldn't see.  Sure enough, several old people were yellling "SIT DOWN. WE CANT SEE" at my friends and I.  When we refused, they sought an usher who then told my friends and I that if we didn't sit down and mind ourselves, that we'd have to leave BWA.  I've never been so shocked and hurt in my life.  It's as if during this downward basketball spiral we've experienced, a new crowd has emerged in BWA.  A crowd that feels it okay to buy tickets and sit there like they're watching a TV show in their living room.

Thank goodness that this crowd is gradually being rooted out.  Our basketball team is returning to glory and those seats are being filled more and more with the yelling, screaming type and not the yawning, comatose type.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

Ugly Uncle

Someone needs to remind the blue haired red hat people that this isn't the "PRICE IS RIGHT."  It's time to get crazy at the Bud.
Retired Radio Host

PigmundFreud

AGREED. Can't wait to be there for the Univ. of Spoiled Children game in Sept.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 15, 2006, 08:54:15 pm
Oh yeah, and I can't stand the guy with the sign that reads: "Young people make noise" Maybe if he would put the sign down and yell, then BW might be louder!! ;) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

His sign is in reply to a student sign that says "Stand Up, Old People" directed at the other side.  Pretty funny, I thot.

chiefsfan

The fact is that a whole lot of wealthy people by tickets to razorback games now.  These people, rather then going to cheer on the hogs to victory, treat it as entertainment, and expect to be entertained like it was a play...

This problem is not limited to Arkansas however, ASU and UALR have had numerous problems with it...along with alot of out of state schools...

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

heathshogs

That stu
Quote from: WhenPigsFly on January 16, 2006, 07:29:04 am
Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 15, 2006, 08:54:15 pm
Oh yeah, and I can't stand the guy with the sign that reads: "Young people make noise" Maybe if he would put the sign down and yell, then BW might be louder!! ;) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

His sign is in reply to a student sign that says "Stand Up, Old People" directed at the other side. Pretty funny, I thot.

THAT student sign hasn't been used in 5 years.

I'm sure we're talking to the wrong people on here, but I can't understand why it's so hard to make noise more consistently. I don't understand why you bother coming if you're one who leave at or before the 4 minute TO. I don't understand how you literally turn your backs on your team who is down 3 with 5.5 seconds to play against the most hated coach in the conference or even with 2.0 seconds lwhen 2 missed FTs would have kept us in the same position.   
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

pokeydaman

we should be standing all the time...i remember the "glory days" of Corliss.....we would stand the entire game, go home hoarse for screaming the entire game..now that is Razorback basketball...not the blue hairs that now go....it is a shame...the lack of energy in BWA....it seems to come and go...back then, it would never go away.......

TuckFexas

My guess is that the crazy fans will come back when Heath and Co. give more to cheer about. I think if they get it in gear and get on a roll, BWA will be back to its old self. Until then, it'll continue being the geriatrics wanting to see Shakespeare in basketball form...
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.