Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Home from game: don't read if you don't like negativity cause

Started by nobballconcept, January 11, 2006, 10:04:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SultanofSwine

That was an asinine coment if I ever heard one. HOG fans want to win again in both football and basketball. We used to on a regular basis and we want to again. We don't give a crap if they are paisley colored.

Ark Blitz

Why would Mike Anderson want to come back to NWA?  No way would he come back to work for FB.

Hogs4Ever

I was looking forward to going to a few Hog games this year.  Forget it now.  I will not attend another basketball game until Heath is gone.

HogHeathen

Quote from: SpaHog on January 11, 2006, 10:20:38 pm
If I was Vandy I would start out playing zone, then play zone in the middle of the game, and then I would finish the game playing zone.

That's funny roght there....

Whataboar™

I have come to the conclusion that Stan Heath doesn't have the passion, nor the ability to coach effective fundamental basketball at the SEC level.
He's a class guy and a fine gentleman ... but TOO nice to motivate these guys.
I just don't think it's within his personality to chew a player's a$$ out when it's necessary.
From an Xs & Os perspective, we're not fundamentally sound _ motion on offense, setting crisp picks, back-door breaking to the basket and, of course, rebounding basics.
Don't think things are going to change, either.
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

HighOnHogs

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: pfrg999 on January 11, 2006, 10:09:40 pm
Quote from: nobballconcept on January 11, 2006, 10:04:41 pm

I would love to disagree.... But it is so true.... Remember when Nolan would rip hie coat off and lossen his tie... you knew it was on Stan "The Lamb" Heath... will never get mad

Nolan had a deep well of rage to dip into, when needed.  Stan's family raised him to be calm and level-headed in emotionally chaotic times.  They are different people and their personality is reflected in their coaching.  That being said, I don't know if Heath started throwing chairs on the court, or had to be restained by his assistants, if it would translate to more wins.  In his defense, maybe the players deserve some responsibility for execution, or at least free throws.  Maybe if Heath said "what the hell" and installed a Nolan-style "40 Minutes of Hell" gameplan, he would kick ass.  I don't know.