Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Martin..

Started by checkraiser88, January 17, 2018, 09:57:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

How much will it take to bring him to the Hill??

HeyHogs

checkraiser88

He took SC to the final 4..no thanks?

pigture perfect

I would like Bobby Huggins.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Knot2brite

From everything I read it would take a front end loader to carry all the baggage he brings with him
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

je100

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 17, 2018, 10:25:09 pm
From everything I read it would take a front end loader to carry all the baggage he brings with him
Our new AD had a hand in hiring Kelvin Sampson to Houston.  He understands baggage risk.

sasnakrafan

Billy Donovan, I bet he doesn't want to be at OKC or I bet Chris Beard would come here. 

Sho Nuff

Chris Beard would be an excellent hire.  I remember hearing that Texas Texh was his dream job, although I'm not sure that Lubbock could be anyone's dream destination.

hobhog

Chris Beard. Everyone sees it.....😍

onebadrubi

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 17, 2018, 10:11:30 pm
I would like Bobby Huggins.

This fan base doesn't like heavyset coaches.   

Beaverfever

We need to start positioning ourselves to get Billy D when he leaves the NBA. 

lynbug

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 18, 2018, 03:57:57 am
We need to start positioning ourselves to get Billy D when he leaves the NBA.
Any reason  to think Donovan would want to come here?

ParkerSchnabel

Frank Martin is a D bag. His style is UGLY. NO THANKS. Mike beat him on his own court last year. If there was an opening, I would be ok with Beard. But there is NOT. When Mike turns it around I hope you all enjoy your crow.

Kevin

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 18, 2018, 06:51:06 am
Frank Martin is a D bag. His style is UGLY. NO THANKS. Mike beat him on his own court last year. If there was an opening, I would be ok with Beard. But there is NOT. When Mike turns it around I hope you all enjoy your crow.

frank martin is not a d bag. one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. does he cheat, yes. so if you want to call him a cheating d-bag go ahead.

yeah, why hire a guy who took a program who have never won anything to a final four.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ShadowHawg

Quote from: je100 on January 17, 2018, 10:37:56 pm
Our new AD had a hand in hiring Kelvin Sampson to Houston.  He understands baggage risk.

Our AD has never hired anyone. He was allied in the room, per a Houston Chronicle reporter.

The_Iceman

Quote from: sasnakrafan on January 17, 2018, 10:43:04 pm
Billy Donovan, I bet he doesn't want to be at OKC or I bet Chris Beard would come here.

My bet is Donovan will be the next coach at Louisville, if he leaves the NBA.

Beard would be an excellent hire. I also like Gregg McDermott, but don't know about his ability to recruit at a high level.

grayhawg

;)

mizzouman

Why would Frank Martin, Huggins, Beard or Donovan come to Arkansas?  Look at the coaches who have come to Arkansas...Sutton; Richardson; Heath; Pelphrey and Anderson.  All have come from mid major programs with something to prove EXCEPT for Anderson who calls Arkansas home. 

I like Mike Anderson.  He will be here for a few more years unless it really goes south.

hogsanity

Frank Martin is a D bag. His style is UGLY. NO THANKS. Mike beat him on his own court last year.

Funny thing about that, Mike beat KY twice in one season in Portis Fr season. KY went on to the final 4 and the Hogs went to the NIT. Last yr Hogs beat SC at SC, yet who went to the Final 4? As far as the draw, that's half the NCAAT, what draw do you get and what upsets happen around you.

So what if they play ugly? You think what the Hogs have been playing is some sort of beautiful free flowing basketball? There is not much uglier than watching them dribble around for 27 seconds, throw up a desperation shot, then get beat down the floor for a gimme or a wide open 3.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

draftkings33

The guy is a total prick.  I'll pass

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on January 18, 2018, 08:31:01 am
Funny thing about that, Mike beat KY twice in one season in Portis Fr season. KY went on to the final 4 and the Hogs went to the NIT. Last yr Hogs beat SC at SC, yet who went to the Final 4? As far as the draw, that's half the NCAAT, what draw do you get and what upsets happen around you.

So what if they play ugly? You think what the Hogs have been playing is some sort of beautiful free flowing basketball? There is not much uglier than watching them dribble around for 27 seconds, throw up a desperation shot, then get beat down the floor for a gimme or a wide open 3.

Compare his Record since being at South Carolina to Arkansas record under Anderson and get back with me.

hawgball40

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 17, 2018, 10:25:09 pm
for those of you keeping score at home,

required reading: how he got michael beasley to kstate

draftkings33

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 18, 2018, 08:46:15 am
Compare his Record since being at South Carolina to Arkansas record under Anderson and get back with me.
Exactly!  Anderson way better

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 18, 2018, 08:46:15 am

Why limit it? People always bring up what Mike did at UAB and Mizzu, so lets look over all. Actually, their resumes look very similar. Mike has an Elite 8, Frank has an elite 8 and a final 4. Mike win % is slightly better.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

draftkings33

Quote from: hogsanity on January 18, 2018, 08:53:22 am
Why limit it? People always bring up what Mike did at UAB and Mizzu, so lets look over all. Actually, their resumes look very similar. Mike has an Elite 8, Frank has an elite 8 and a final 4. Mike win % is slightly better.
Slightly lol come on.  Mike is 140-79 and Martin is 108-80

Pig in the Pokey

because recent history is far more relevant to the future than ancient history is. that's why. especially considering our out-dated style of play. now with  the new cylinder rule, it is even less likely to work.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Dominicanhog

Quote from: sasnakrafan on January 17, 2018, 10:43:04 pm
Billy Donovan, I bet he doesn't want to be at OKC 

I like Mike and think he's the man for the job but.....

texas tush hog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 18, 2018, 09:01:50 am
I like Mike and think he's the man for the job but.....

No buts

Hawg Red

We don't need a new coach right now. We may get there, but I'm not there myself. We are coming off a season of 26 wins and a near-Sweet 16 bid. From February 11th of 2017 to January 2nd (or 6th) of this year, we were a very competitive team. All new coach talk is going to sound silly if we pull out of this tailspin and get back to playing as competitively as we were before the Auburn (or Mississippi State) game(s). I see a 3-game win streak coming up. This happens every year and people fall for it every year. I fell for it last year after the Missouri and Vanderbilt losses (as did many). We'll pull out of it and then we'll be a tough team again.

As disappointed as some may be in the results under Anderson, there just isn't nearly enough there right now to realistically discuss him being replaced as head coach. I get that the new AD may have people thinking it's closer to a reality than it really is.

GuvHog

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 18, 2018, 08:55:37 am
Slightly lol come on.  Mike is 140-79 and Martin is 108-80

That only shows that Mike has coached more games than Frank because he's been a head coach Longer than Frank Martin. Frank has taken a team to the final 4. Mike Anderson hasn't had a team even sniff the final four. Besides, Frank Martin inherited a bigger dumpster fire at South Carolina than Mike did at Arkansas.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

cosmodrum

We should've hired Martin when he took the SC job. Or Buzz Williams.
Go away, batin'

Hawg Red

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 19, 2018, 10:16:55 am

Agreed.

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 17, 2018, 11:58:30 pm
This fan base doesn't like heavyset coaches.   

Or ones that look like thugs, or...

PharmacistHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 19, 2018, 10:16:55 am

No. We needed this. We needed to hire Mike so we can finally end the fantasy.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Kevin

hire randy Bennett of st mary. let's get us some aussies in here to ball out
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Hawg Red

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 19, 2018, 10:21:45 am

We needed to hire Mike after firing Heath. We'd probably be out of this situation by now.

Kevin

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 19, 2018, 10:25:39 am
We needed to hire Mike after firing Heath. We'd probably be out of this situation by now.

true

The_Iceman

Martin is a lot closer to Nolan than Mike. We hired the wrong guy for sure.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 19, 2018, 10:25:39 am

That's probably true. That just wasn't gonna happen though. Regardless, the Mike experiment had to happen sooner or later just to end it.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

GuvHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 19, 2018, 10:29:09 am
That’s probably true. That just wasn’t gonna happen though. Regardless, the Mike experiment had to happen sooner or later just to end it.

If John White had kept his nose out of it, Dana Altman would have been the HC instead of Pelphrey and things would be much better.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 10:25:22 am
hire randy Bennett of st mary. let's get us some aussies in here to ball out

That was a great game last night.  Enjoyed the Zags losing at home.

Shame what happened to Jaylen Fisher for TCU. 

Quote from: GuvHog on January 19, 2018, 10:32:47 am
If John White had kept his nose out of it, Dana Altman would have been the HC instead of Pelphrey and things would be much better.

Altman wouldn't have made it.  He would have been rebuilding from Heath's unbalanced classes and behind the scenes mess while Mizzou went to the E8.  That would have been too much for him to survive too.  "I want my Hawg Ball". 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GuvHog on January 19, 2018, 10:32:47 am

I'd rather have YOU than altman.
Millennials suck...

cosmodrum

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 19, 2018, 10:21:45 am

Yeah it seems like we had to exorcise this demon. Maybe now we can all move on.

FWIW, I like Mike and was happy with the hire. Just doesn't seem to be working out.
Go away, batin'

hog.goblin

Quote from: lynbug on January 18, 2018, 06:44:31 am

We could offer serious fungibles compared to the competition

ShadowHawg

Quote from: lynbug on January 18, 2018, 06:44:31 am

Ignorance would be the reason.

They don't remember Donanan getting angry over our firing Pel before his promised 7 years was up. Said stuff like our fans don't understand that we aren't a great program anymore.

Probably won't end up here.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: GuvHog on January 19, 2018, 10:09:09 am
That only shows that Mike has coached more games than Frank because he's been a head coach Longer than Frank Martin. Frank has taken a team to the final 4. Mike Anderson hasn't had a team even sniff the final four. Besides, Frank Martin inherited a bigger dumpster fire at South Carolina than Mike did at Arkansas.

that's BS.. the record shows Mike wins at a higher clip... you guys will twist anything to make you feel better, you can't twist numbers... you are what your records says you are and Mike has won 30% more games with one less loss.. how did you do in math class?

Dominicanhog

Mike win % is slightly better.

there you go again... can't help yourself...

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 20, 2018, 07:47:01 am
that's BS.. the record shows Mike wins at a higher clip... you guys will twist anything to make you feel better, you can't twist numbers... you are what your records says you are and Mike has won 30% more games with one less loss.. how did you do in math class?

You are right but propping up mike with comparisons to heath and pelphrey? Mike Anderson so far has been the basketball equivalent of Houston Nutt. Mediocre coach but helluva cheerleader.
Millennials suck...

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 07:51:15 am
You are right but propping up mike with comparisons to heath and pelphrey? Mike Anderson so far has been the basketball equivalent of Houston Nutt. Mediocre coach but helluva cheerleader.

Nobody is propping up anybody, we are comparing records of coaches who HV thinks would be great.. compare numbers not feelings... and it's not Pelphrey and Heath, it's Frank Martin...