Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calm down folks.let the season play out.there are going to be more losses

Started by forrest city joe, January 17, 2018, 08:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Quote from: pigasaurus on January 18, 2018, 07:27:26 am
Wasn't K. Allens stepdad involved in his decision? And he had a second chance to come to Arkansas and chose not to.

Yes, when Donovan left Florida it was questionable whether he would stick with Florida.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

mizzouman

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 18, 2018, 07:27:52 am
You know who leans on excuses.. Losers
There are not excuses.  If you make an excuses, however valid, weakens your character. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: arkansasstory on January 18, 2018, 05:47:50 am
The guys at ESPN explained it clearly. We're the worst in free throw percentage and terrible at defense.
And that will get you beat, on the road again...

hogsanity

Calm down folk, you just got to let Mike gets his players in here to run his system. Just let the century play out, he'll get it done.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Little Lady Back

It is no secret that I am a big Mike Anderson supporter, but he definitely has to be held accountable when his team is playing this badly. The team is playing very undisciplined, defense is nonexistent most times, and the bench is just bad. Very frustrating!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

BallHog1

Quote from: swineology on January 17, 2018, 08:41:05 pm
You forgot this FCJ

"All sickness is not death"
One of Nolan's favorite quotes when everyone was losing it over the team losing a game or several games. Funny how history repeats itself and I don't mean the use of the quote, I mean the fans losing it when the team loses a few games.....

BallHog1

Quote from: hoglady on January 17, 2018, 09:19:07 pm
Allen is averaging 10.3 pts per game / 2 assists/ 2.4 rebs / shooting 29% from 3 and 34.9% FG.
Beard is averaging 11.1 pts per game / 2.7 assists / 2.5 rebs / shooting 32.8 from 3 and 40.9% FG.

Allen had a game tonight that is outside the norm for him.
So for everyone who thinks his numbers are so much better than Anton Beard - Beard is out performing Allen in every single category.
Nice

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 18, 2018, 08:31:21 am
One of Nolan's favorite quotes when everyone was losing it over the team losing a game or several games. Funny how history repeats itself and I don't mean the use of the quote, I mean the fans losing it when the team loses a few games.....

NR would not have put up with the crap we're putting on the court now.  Use all of his sayings you want to, but NR isn't the coach and this isn't an NR team.

PonderinHog

Ballhog, it's like two camps in here.  You have the Pollyannas and the Hypochondriacs.

Hypochondriac's epitaph -  I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK!
(We lose and they come out of the woodwork.)

I can't remember if Pollyanna died or not, but she had a damn good attitude.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2018, 08:17:53 pm
Things are not always as bad as they look,or as good as they look.team is not playing well right now.but it can turn around. so i am not going to go crazy afyer every loss.there are going to be more losses.just got to stay calm and win the rest of our home games.and steal a couple on the road.i am not going to panic. LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT FOLKS!

We are what we thought we would be.. working hard to make the tournament .. 19-22 wins, 8-12 sec wins,  in a much tougher SEC... no more than what HV predicted...

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2018, 08:32:51 pm
Was the defense better in the second half?

Well we didn't "win" the 2nd half. And still allowed them to score 40 points.

EastexHawg

We've won two tournament games since Mike was hired.  Year seven, TWO tournament wins, 2-4 with a veteran team, and we're not just losing...we're getting blown out.

Ironhawg

I like Mike.  I believe we are better than we were when he got here.  I'd like to let the season play out and see where we are then.  If we don't make the tourney, maybe it's time for a change.  Watching this team over the last 4-5 games, I can't help but think there is something off internally with this team.  They seem to have lost cohesiveness on the court.  Mike needs to fix that before this season goes down the tubes.

ballinhog

I hate being in year 7 of a coach and still have the mentality that we have to "steal" a couple on the road. Now that Hannahs is gone this team looks completely lost on the road, he was the X factor for us in the road games. He was aggressive, confident, and attacked and got to the line.

I was worried about this before the season when many thought we had turned that corner in road games. I wasn't buying it, bc I knew Hannahs was a big big factor in that. And he wasn't even signed here out of high school, got lucky that he wasn't happy at Tech.

yojoe75

My problem with the team is the guards are the only ones that know how to shoot.  It completely baffles me how you can call someone a basketball player but they can't do the fundamental thing in basketball.  We get all these 6'5" to 6'8" athletes but that is all they are.  They all can run and jump and.... well that's about it.  In the old days Nolan brought in a lot of guys like that but at least they could rebound and play defense showing some type of basketball knowledge.  Can Mike just take a couple weeks and stop running them to death and work on shooting?  They say defense wins championships but you can't win it you don't score!

Finally, Darius Hall looks like he has some skills but can he move in with Scotty over the summer so he can teach him how to shoot please!!!

PonderinHog

I think we can win with our guards, but our forwards leave a lot to be desired.  Gafford can't do it alone.  JMO

ballinhog

I agree our fowards are atrocious. Seriously other than Gafford and Hall, they are bad. Cook had the 0fer last night.

0 points
0 rebounds
0 assists
0 steals
0 blocks

13 minutes.

At 6-8 you almost have to put in effort to pull that off

BallHog1

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 18, 2018, 08:36:49 am
Ballhog, it's like two camps in here.  You have the Pollyannas and the Hypochondriacs.

Hypochondriac's epitaph -  I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK!
(We lose and they come out of the woodwork.)

I can't remember if Pollyanna died or not, but she had a damn good attitude.
Not sure which I am but I know I don't think the world is ending when we lose and I don't think we are national champs when we win. They'll do what they do. I hope they win it all but I'm not going stake my entire outlook on it either way. And I trust those in positions to hire and fire to do that without my severely uninformed input. Much like I trust Div 1 coaches to make decisions about the game they vested their life in to make decisions without my input.

I get to see what is on tv, I'm pretty sure they have better seats and a little more insight to the players and the games than I....and I'm ok with that.

PonderinHog

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 18, 2018, 10:34:04 am
Not sure which I am but I know I don't think the world is ending when we lose and I don't think we are national champs when we win. They'll do what they do. I hope they win it all but I'm not going stake my entire outlook on it either way. And I trust those in positions to hire and fire to do that without my severely uninformed input. Much like I trust Div 1 coaches to make decisions about the game they vested their life in to make decisions without my input.

I get to see what is on tv, I'm pretty sure they have better seats and a little more insight to the players and the games than I....and I'm ok with that.

GuvHog

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 18, 2018, 07:14:33 am
And some of you act like out of state Mcdonalds all Americans are just lining up to play for Arkansas. Sure. For almost 20 years that gym was a ghost town. Thats a LOT to come back from. And its not like he hasn't given us some good seasons during this time. It wasn't a rebuild. It was a build from ground zero. The program was ASHES. But its a microwave world. People like you want it yesterday. Just let the season play out.

Bull. 3 of the best players this state has produced in many years left the state to play for other Universities. That is not acceptable. Sure the Hogs are not going to get all of the talented players in the state every year but a good coach always gets the top 3 or four recruits every year when he has no true competition inside the state.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 18, 2018, 10:17:36 am
I think we can win with our guards, but our forwards leave a lot to be desired.  Gafford can't do it alone.  JMO

And his FT shooting is hurting the team.. those are possessions that we don't score.. he'll see nothing but "hack a Shaq" going forward... but the 4 spot is our most glaring weakness.. along with the bench just not doing it..

majp51

Quote from: GuvHog on January 18, 2018, 10:40:35 am
Bull. 3 of the best players this state has produced in many years left the state to play for other Universities. That is not acceptable. Sure the Hogs are not going to get all of the talented players in the state every year but a good coach always gets the top 3 or four recruits every year when he has no true competition inside the state.

I believe we have an example of Hyperbole. There will always be exceptions. The problem becomes when the exception is the rule, as it is under CMA. Has CMA actually won a recruiting battle for a Blue Chip AR High School kid? I look at Bobby Portis and Daniel Gaffordl, They would have been value adds to even blue chip programs programs, and were highly though of, just made it clear that if they got an offer from UofA they were headed to the hill, and so no recruiting fight.

Every Arkansas HS kid that doesn't bleed razorback though has not come here, we lost that recruit. That is concerning , especially from a perception issue.

roothawg

This team is NOT playing defense at all. Well Gafford is. That os supposed to be what we hang our hat on. Takes effort to play D. Of they will actually defend them they can win.

MaconBacon

Villanova has a loss, Kentucky has 4, how do you think the Wildcat state feels? Several top 20 teams have 4 losses and number 21 has 5 losses.  We have 6 and the sky is not falling yet snowflakes.  We beat number #4 handily and looked stellar doing it.  Now I'm not happy about the inconsistency of our boys and I certainly  think there are some things that MA can be doing better, but we are going to have to give more time to get things together.  The last thing the UofA needs right now is another Coaching shake up. We are at the wrong end of the chart in the SEC, but there are some good teams that are not getting any love in the rankings just yet.  We will see more upsets in the coming weeks and I hope MA takes the time and listens to other POV's about our weaknesses. 

This is definitely a Pivotal season for Mike and I hope he knows that.

hogsanity

Quote from: MaconBacon on January 18, 2018, 12:34:08 pm
   Now I'm not happy about the inconsistency of our boys

Actually, they have been very consistent since SEC play started. They have played 6 games the same way, lost 4 of them, and were just darn lucky it was not all 6.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elkhog

Quote from: WoePigSooie on January 17, 2018, 08:29:54 pm
I was in grad school in the mid 90's.  Crowds were insane, games were awesome.  Even when we lost, it looked like  good game.  Nolan had "it", MA doesn't.  Need to move on.

Mike never had "it".  When I heard he was hired and everyone thought the Nolan "winning" years were back, well, I guess they will have to learn for themselves.
GO HOGS!!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: elkhog on January 18, 2018, 01:03:58 pm
Mike never had "it".  When I heard he was hired and everyone thought the Nolan "winning" years were back, well, I guess they will have to learn for themselves.

Some are still refusing to see. Others are already making excuses why next year is going to be a down year, but 2020 is going to be a great year with a deep run in the Tourney.

hoglady

Quote from: Little Lady Back on January 18, 2018, 08:30:21 am
It is no secret that I am a big Mike Anderson supporter, but he definitely has to be held accountable when his team is playing this badly. The team is playing very undisciplined, defense is nonexistent most times, and the bench is just bad. Very frustrating!

Right there with you.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

chenalhog

Quote from: razorpimp on January 17, 2018, 08:38:14 pm
Why doesn't Mike change things up if they aren't playing well?  Legitimate question...he even went back to starting Macon
we don't have anyone on bench too change up

chenalhog

Quote from: GuvHog on January 18, 2018, 10:40:35 am
if your were great high school player and wanted improve your game. Would you comeplay for anderson or a coach teaches half court offense

Justifiable Hogicide

Davidr295

Quote from: MaconBacon on January 18, 2018, 12:34:08 pm
Villanova has a loss, Kentucky has 4, how do you think the Wildcat state feels? Several top 20 teams have 4 losses and number 21 has 5 losses.  We have 6 and the sky is not falling yet snowflakes.  We beat number #4 handily and looked stellar doing it.  Now I'm not happy about the inconsistency of our boys and I certainly  think there are some things that MA can be doing better, but we are going to have to give more time to get things together.  The last thing the UofA needs right now is another Coaching shake up. We are at the wrong end of the chart in the SEC, but there are some good teams that are not getting any love in the rankings just yet.  We will see more upsets in the coming weeks and I hope MA takes the time and listens to other POV's about our weaknesses. 

This is definitely a Pivotal season for Mike and I hope he knows that.

Do any of those teams have as many blow out loses as us? I'll save you the trouble, the answer is no

pigture perfect

I just don't envy Hunter Y this off season. I don't expect him to make a change, but I certainly expect him to get an ear full.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 17, 2018, 08:42:13 pm
Thanks for your input, TJ.
I have always wondered why TJ hasn't taken a low major job by now. The guy has been an assistant long enough that Its time he trajects to a head coach. All those in here glimmering at the hope he is Anderson replacement. In order for that to be the case he needs to show he can win as a Head coach. Colin Cowherd says it best "You never hire the loyal long term assistant"

hog47

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2018, 08:20:28 pm
It's a marathon. Really like the effort in the second half. Mike will get it turned around. Left this game feeling optimistic.
And you believe in Santa Claus,  Bunny Rabbit,  tooth fairy,  ....right!!

Pork Twain

I thought MA might have us headed in the right direction.  I was very obviously wrong and it is time to move on.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Captain Morgan

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2018, 08:17:53 pm
Things are not always as bad as they look,or as good as they look.team is not playing well right now.but it can turn around. so i am not going to go crazy afyer every loss.there are going to be more losses.just got to stay calm and win the rest of our home games.and steal a couple on the road.i am not going to panic. LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT FOLKS!
🐗🏀

bkjbearcat

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 18, 2018, 09:31:13 am
We've won two tournament games since Mike was hired.  Year seven, TWO tournament wins, 2-4 with a veteran team, and we're not just losing...we're getting blown out.

But some just want that to be the new normal. Never getting out of round of 32. Have in-state 5* players constantly tell us to kick rocks. And get to the NCAA tournament once every 3 years.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022