Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bracketology

Started by BannerMountainMan, January 18, 2017, 09:06:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Arkansas has now moved up to an 8 seed per twitter from two bracketologists (Lunardi hasn't come out with his yet)
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

revolution

RPI at 35 from warrennolan.com

We aren't accustomed to those road wins being so helpful, even against mediocre teams like A&M.  Winning there improved our RPI 6-7 spots.

Typically we've seen Arkansas win at home, lose on the road, which severely hurts your RPI.  The losing, I mean.  Of course, losing at home is even worse. 

Bottom line - if the Hogs finish 12-6 in conference, losing to Fla., SC and one other on the road, and they manage to win the rest, their RPI and record will have them poised for a tournament bid pending the outcome of the SEC Tourney, even without a real quality win.

I still doubt the Hogs led by MA can do this.  But if they can, kudos to Coach Anderson!  If they can't, the failure will be his responsibility.  That loss to Miss. St. has cost him much good will and the team's margin for error is now very small, almost none.