Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Big win for the Hogs tonight this one on the road

Started by forrest city joe, January 17, 2017, 08:13:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

So proud of our players and coaches. they could have given up when they were down 12 like some people on here did. but they kept fighting,and came back and won. proud of our players and coaches.GO HOGS.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Knot2brite

Good to have a road win...got to steal about three more and notmlose at home again but it is possible
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Letsroll1200

Joe the hogs are right were they need to be 3-3. How about them Hogs.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2017, 08:13:15 pm
So proud of our players and coaches. they could have given up when they were down 12 like some people on here did. but they kept fighting,and came back and won. proud of our players and coaches.GO HOGS.

Quit dragging the posters you disagree with into your damn threads. You are just begging them to engage you in a pissing match.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

pigsooie1000

it's hard for me to really process that game.

the good
-big time props to Cook and Watkins
-the 4-4 3 point shooting we got from Kinglsey and Watkins was enormous
-Cook was only player rebounding until late in the game when Kingsley got those 3 ORebs on the one possession before finally scoring (most crucial possession up until that point)
-great toughness overall, and great defense late. held them without a FG final 7 minutes, they didn't play well but we need to get some credit for it (especially rebounding)
-Macon heady on drawing fouls at the end of the game

the bad
-no CJ Jones is simply ridiculous at this point to me, the guy is scoring at an elite rate whenever he plays and easily over 50% on a 40-shot sample going back to Spain. he's 6-5 and athletic, he needs double digit minutes
-Barford's inconsistency is frustrating. he goes from incredibly awful (Florida) to our best player (Kentucky and Tennessee) to incredibly awful (tonight). he mentally doesn't look strong and games go too bad quickly too often
-Kingsley only having 1 board until final minutes is awful

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2017, 08:14:56 pm
Joe the hogs are right were they need to be 3-3. How about them Hogs.
I love it.and we wion this game with defense and toughness.did not shoot the ball well. but still won. i love this team.

WorfHog

Yeah they did, I thought it would be more of the same, but they proved me wrong.

Good win for Mike and the team!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on January 17, 2017, 08:19:35 pm

the good
-Cook was only player rebounding until late in the game when Kingsley got those 3 ORebs on the one possession before finally scoring (most crucial possession up until that point)
-great toughness overall, and great defense late. held them without a FG final 7 minutes, they didn't play well but we need to get some credit for it (especially rebounding)

the bad
-no CJ Jones is simply ridiculous at this point to me, the guy is scoring at an elite rate whenever he plays and easily over 50% on a 40-shot sample going back to Spain. he's 6-5 and athletic, he needs double digit minutes
-Barford's inconsistency is frustrating. he goes from incredibly awful (Florida) to our best player (Kentucky and Tennessee) to incredibly awful (tonight). he mentally doesn't look strong and games go too bad quickly too often

Good post
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Dropkick

Any road win is a good win. Gutty performance by our guys.

BDSCT51

Not jumping on the sunshine pumper wagon nor the debbie downer wagon. Let's see some consistency. It was another SEC win on the road and that's good!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2017, 08:13:54 pm
Showed a lot of fight.
Yep, and with all the help A&M was getting from the stripes that could have been easy for them to do. If we breath on them it was a foul. That stuff is getting old.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

forrest city joe

I love this team. and it's time for all Hog fans to get behind our players and coaching.this team is 14 and 4. and has 2 sec road wins.everyone should be happy.GO HOGS.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 17, 2017, 08:26:44 pm
Yep, and with all the help A&M was getting from the stripes that could have been easy for them to do. If we breath on them it was a foul. That stuff is getting old.
You got that right. the refs tried to give A&M the game and they still lost i wish the Hogs could get calls like this at home. we get nothing! that's the reason this win feels so good.

HouSwine

Impressed with the second half defense. Moses is beginning to deliver on his potential. As is the team.

26.2Hog

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on January 17, 2017, 08:19:35 pm

the good

the bad

Yes, and I agree about Watkins.  I've always thought he receives too much undue criticism.

And YES about Jones.  Figuring out why he is not playing major minutes is like trying to solve a Rubik's Cube. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 17, 2017, 08:26:44 pm
Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2017, 08:31:23 pm
You got that right. the refs tried to give A&M the game and they still lost i wish the Hogs could get calls like this at home. we get nothing! that's the reason this win feels so good.

Hogs only had 5 fouls after like 17 mins of 2nd half.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jst01

I can't stand our offensive sets. We look lost at times and have no plan. But I'm really pumped our players pulled that win out. They played really hard and I never wanna see disappointment on our players faces.

labb

re:Jones..    Macon, Barbord, Hannahs, Beard are the players in front of him. He is really weak on D and with the ball. So who are you going to take the minutes away from

PonderinHog

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 17, 2017, 08:35:15 pm
Yes, and I agree about Watkins.  I've always thought he receives too much undue criticism.

And YES about Jones.  Figuring out why he is not playing major minutes is like trying to solve a Rubik's Cube.
Has to be his defense, which didn't look too bad against Mizzou.  Just too many guards ahead of him?

ArkansasI

Whew!  I'll take the win!

That was some ugly b-ball. Never gets old beating the Ags.

Manny did a nice job taking the open shots. I thought our defenive rotations were better. This team really has to work hard to be successful. Glad to know our guys are happy tonight.

Has CJ done something wrong? 

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 17, 2017, 08:35:41 pm
Good.that means they were playing defense without fouling.refs still tried to steal the game from them.Dusty was fouled on that baseline play with a No call.which was pure BS.

rude1

Quote from: labb on January 17, 2017, 08:43:38 pm
re:Jones..    Macon, Barbord, Hannahs, Beard are the players in front of him. He is really weak on D and with the ball. So who are you going to take the minutes away from
Are you kidding, Barford, Hannahs, Beard and Mannie have all struggled at times this year with their shot, yet we have a potential weapon just sitting, not even bothering to put him out there to see.

labb

Lots more to the game of Basketball than shooting the ball. But then most only see how many points a player scores.

Knot2brite

This cannot be the last road game we grind out...we have to use the talent we have to scrap wins on the road and hold our own at home...we just cannot lose at home...

Razorod

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 17, 2017, 08:55:46 pm
This cannot be the last road game we grind out...we have to use the talent we have to scrap wins on the road and hold our own at home...we just cannot lose at home...
We need to finish at least 5-4 on the road and not lose again at home.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

cardsNhogs

Happy to get a win on the road. We Did not look good tonight.

rzrbkf4n

KC_archHOG

I vote CMA gives the halftime speech in Arlington this September. 

Knot2brite

Quote from: rzrbkf4n on January 17, 2017, 09:10:38 pm
Amazing win. This team can make the tourney
Everyone keeps talking about recruits down the line...there is a nucleus of talent here NOW to go to the dance..they are missing a dominate low post and a point guard who can control the game but they get good minutes from what they have and they can scrap out wins

The Boar War

I'm very pleased with this teams willingness to fight on the road.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 17, 2017, 08:18:27 pm
Quit dragging the posters you disagree with into your damn threads. You are just begging them to engage you in a pissing match.

Is this a joke?

No mention of other posters just a celebration of win at a place we have been blown out the last several times

dsims2k3

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 17, 2017, 09:22:36 pm
Is this a joke?

No mention of other posters just a celebration of win at a place we have been blown out the last several times

This
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

realistichog

A&M folded like a cheap tent just like they have done in 4 out of their 5sec loses. The other was a 40 point loss to Kentucky. How is beating the worst team in the sec an AMAZING win. It's good that A&M handed us the game in the last 5 minutes to make our record look good but I think we have a lot of work to do before we start buying NCAA tourny tickets.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on January 17, 2017, 08:35:41 pm
And those fouls were weak touch fouls that bailed them out at times...

forrest city joe

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 17, 2017, 09:22:36 pm
Is this a joke?

Bingo!

forrest city joe

Youngsta71701

Quote from: realistichog on January 17, 2017, 09:30:55 pm
A&M folded like a cheap tent just like they have done in 4 out of their 5sec loses. The other was a 40 point loss to Kentucky. How is beating the worst team in the sec an AMAZING win. It's good that A&M handed us the game in the last 5 minutes to make our record look good but I think we have a lot of work to do before we start buying NCAA tourny tickets.
There she goes! Negative Nancy... ;D ...Smile! Any road win is tough in the SEC no matter the opponent. BTW did Kentucky not struggle at Mississippi State tonight... ???

PharmacistHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2017, 08:13:15 pm

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2017, 09:36:40 pm
Bingo!

You could have left out the bolded part.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 17, 2017, 09:38:54 pm
There she goes! Negative Nancy... ;D ...Smile! Any road win is tough in the SEC no matter the opponent. BTW did Kentucky not struggle at Mississippi State tonight... ???

JONAS

We are right where I thought we would be at 3-3 after 6 games.  I just thought we would beat Mississippi State at home and lose to Texas A&M on the road.

dsims2k3

Quote from: JONAS on January 17, 2017, 09:53:26 pm
We are right where I thought we would be at 3-3 after 6 games.  I just thought we would beat Mississippi State at home and lose to Texas A&M on the road.
I prefer it this way. I was thinking  3-3 as well.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

forrest city joe

Quote from: realistichog on January 17, 2017, 09:30:55 pm
Sound like you are mad that we won.give me a break.A&M did not lose it,our guys won it. you are part of the problem.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I cannot take too much away from the win but I do agree with the posters who think cj jones needs more minutes. With as much trouble as we have scoring he should get out there at least 8-10 minutes just to see if he has anything.

JONAS

I prefer it this way. I was thinking  3-3 as well.
[/quote]

While I am glad to finally beat the Aggies, I live in Mississippi and cannot stand losing to Mississippi State or Ole Miss.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 17, 2017, 10:01:42 pm
I cannot take too much away from the win but I do agree with the posters who think cj jones needs more minutes. With as much trouble as we have scoring he should get out there at least 8-10 minutes just to see if he has anything.

We don't have trouble scoring folks. We are in the top 40 of scoring efficiency in the country.

We have trouble stopping the other team from scoring and CJ struggles in that area as well as does little to help in rebounding.

There are 2 ends of the court and this staff has always stressed defense first. It might help some of you if you start watching our games from that perspective instead of concentrating on the offensive end. Heck, even the broadcasters talk about how dangerous we are offensively and how we need to work more on defense.

deserthog

Sorry but after watching this game, I think college basketball has gone to hell in a hand-basket.

pigsooie1000

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 17, 2017, 10:06:49 pm
We don't have trouble scoring folks. We are in the top 40 of scoring efficiency in the country.

We have trouble stopping the other team from scoring and CJ struggles in that area as well as does little to help in rebounding.

There are 2 ends of the court and this staff has always stressed defense first. It might help some of you if you start watching our games from that perspective instead of concentrating on the offensive end. Heck, even the broadcasters talk about how dangerous we are offensively and how we need to work more on defense.

can always score more. and Jones is certainly a better defender than Hannahs, yet Hannahs plays pretty big minutes. take a few minutes away from Beard/Barford (when he's struggling) and Watkins but mainly from Hannahs to give Jones a run. maybe even some 4 guard looks with Watkins and Jones out there, but just see if he really is a very good SEC scorer. he has shown so far he very well might be and we could really really use that, we don't know if he's sub-Hannahs on defense (which it's hard to imagine he would be with his size and athleticism)

hoglady

Man, we tried to give that game away toward the end and A&M just wouldn't take it.
Lots of mistakes by both teams.
Props to our guys for coming back.
And Manny did some really, really good things at crucial times.
Hustle, getting to loose balls, fighting for rebounds, playing defense, causing a turnover.
Everything he does doesn't show up in the stats but he plays an important role.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rude1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 17, 2017, 10:06:49 pm

So CJ gets penalized for not playing good defense, yet we are a bad defensive team. How does this make sense? Obviously the guys playing in front of him aren't good defenders either.