Good road win

Started by Kevin, January 17, 2017, 08:08:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WBOBO

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 17, 2017, 08:15:53 pm
Great examples of how NOT to post. This crap is begging for a fight. I
Just dont understand.
I don't understand either.  Glad we got the win.  Coulda been a better one but
could have turned ugly.  Win the next two and that will be 4-0 with OK State on deck
I believe.  These guys just haven't figured out how to win yet but with a lil luck
like tonight, they might just figure it out.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 17, 2017, 08:33:39 pm
Im

thanks for the color.. left me hanging in those last 5 minutes,  I mean last 30 seconds.. just seemed like 5 minutes..

Westcoasthog

Great road win for the Hogs - Arkansas 62, Texas A & M 60.

hobhog

Surely these close road games will help later.....

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 17, 2017, 08:35:47 pm
thanks for the color.. left me hanging in those last 5 minutes,  I mean last 30 seconds.. just seemed like 5 minutes..
I was trying, Dominican.  Got kinda hairy at the end, for sure.

snoblind

rude1

Needed this win and the team got it. Just need the momentum to keep building as they get better. Waiting to see them finally put a full game together instead of spurts.

TexArkHogFan

I think I heard the announcers say it was our first win there since 1991.  That's a pretty long stretch but damn they are gonna make an old man out of me.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Razorod

Quote from: WBOBO on January 17, 2017, 08:35:32 pm
I don't understand either.  Glad we got the win.  Coulda been a better one but
could have turned ugly.  Win the next two and that will be 4-0 with OK State on deck
I believe.  These guys just haven't figured out how to win yet but with a lil luck
like tonight, they might just figure it out.
I'm hoping this win propels us forward. Should have a W this weekend and then take momentum into Nashville. Gotta keep the focus going forward. Bring the lunch pail every game.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

jjdlc

I just want to see the whole "can't win on the road" mantra die.  We seem to becoming a fairly salty road team. 

Razorod

Only two teams Anderson hasn't beaten on the road, I believe, are Fla and Lsu. Be nice to at least get a win in Baton Rouge a little later on. UF will be a much taller order.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 17, 2017, 08:37:26 pm
I was trying, Dominican.  Got kinda hairy at the end, for sure.

It's funny now but Hogfather said it was over and I yelled F@ck.. startled my wife and she didn't think it was funny so I said it about 10 more time for emphasis.. she went to bed   >:(.. I'll go to bed  ;D

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 17, 2017, 08:48:55 pm
It's funny now but Hogfather said it was over and I yelled F@ck.. startled my wife and she didn't think it was funny so I said it about 10 more time for emphasis.. she went to bed   >:(.. I'll go to bed  ;D
Hogfather's got a lot of quit in him.  Good night!

WBOBO

When I said they haven't learned  HOW to win on the road yet that was not correct what I meant because they have won 2 on the road this year.  We seemed to find more ways to try to lose in the last minute than figure out how to pull the game out.  But we won in a place I HATE to play in and I'm proud of their second half effort.

Dusty giving Manny shooting lessons?

PonderinHog

Quote from: WBOBO on January 17, 2017, 08:55:01 pm
When I said they haven't learned  HOW to win on the road yet that was not correct what I meant because they have won 2 on the road this year.  We seemed to find more ways to try to lose in the last minute than figure out how to pull the game out.  But we won in a place I HATE to play in and I'm proud of their second half effort.

Scotty   ;)

WBOBO

Quote from: Razorod on January 17, 2017, 08:43:35 pm
I'm hoping this win propels us forward. Should have a W this weekend and then take momentum into Nashville. Gotta keep the focus going forward. Bring the lunch pail every game.
Rod if we gonna win in  Baton Rouge, this is the year.

WBOBO

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2017, 08:20:59 pm
Out rebounding them is a heck of an accomplishment
No doubt. Kind of surprising to be honest. If we don't outrebound them we don't win this game. Big Boy is a load down low. Still getting tired of all the weak foul calls on Thompson though. But at the same time he has to realize what's going on and be smarter and less overaggressive.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ShadowHawg

Really good win anytime  you don't play well and still pull out the w on the road.

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 17, 2017, 09:28:33 pm
Really good win anytime  you don't play well and still pull out the w on the road.
+1, still trying figure out how the hell we won... :-\ ...Usually the sign of a good team. Playing their worst game and still figuring out a way to win. People don't forget that this team has a lot of new faces and are still trying to figure out how to play together. If we keep growing this team could be pretty good by SEC tourney time.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Very nice win. Great job Hogs.

RzRbAcK18

Quote from: hawgmasta on January 17, 2017, 08:11:42 pm
Especially officiating in sec road games, remember us at Kentucky just a week or two ago?

In a road game you have to account for a +3 in calls going the home teams way, I think this game landed about there. My only complaint was there at the end when they said Kingsley was out of bound on the dive.

My argument:
   - The ball was kicked to begin with, kick ball equals dead ball
   - The ball was rolling and Kingsley picked it up, the ref is saying the ball was out of bounds when MK picked it up. Wouldn't the ball have had to been out of bounds first? The ball crossed the out of bounds line which instantly makes it a dead ball then MK touches it. Now if it was bouncing and MK touched it then it fell out of bounds I could see it but with it rolling, I just don't see the logic.

This may have been discussed in the game thread but I wasn't following as I had to watch the 2nd half on replay.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on January 17, 2017, 09:57:45 pm
In a road game you have to account for a +3 in calls going the home teams way, I think this game landed about there. My only complaint was there at the end when they said Kingsley was out of bound on the dive.

My argument:
   - The ball was kicked to begin with, kick ball equals dead ball
   - The ball was rolling and Kingsley picked it up, the ref is saying the ball was out of bounds when MK picked it up. Wouldn't the ball have had to been out of bounds first? The ball crossed the out of bounds line which instantly makes it a dead ball then MK touches it. Now if it was bouncing and MK touched it then it fell out of bounds I could see it but with it rolling, I just don't see the logic.

This may have been discussed in the game thread but I wasn't following as I had to watch the 2nd half on replay.

That call was kinda "iffy". It looked to me like it may have touched hannahs foot and from the angles it was hard to see if the ball had touched the line win mk grabbed it. I think that one could have gone either way and since in live action the ref called a&m ball there simply wasnt enough evidence to overturn it.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

azhog10

Quote from: WBOBO on January 17, 2017, 08:55:01 pm

We were down 12. I'd say we figured out how to pull the game out. Made it slightly interesting but we were down 12 with something like 8 minutes to go.

azhog10

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 17, 2017, 09:19:48 pm
No doubt. Kind of surprising to be honest. If we don't outrebound them we don't win this game. Big Boy is a load down low. Still getting tired of all the weak foul calls on Thompson though. But at the same time he has to realize what's going on and be smarter and less overaggressive.
There was one possession in the second half were Kingsley goes to set a screen and Davis pushes him over almost, no call. In the same possession or possibly next possession on defense they whistle Kingsley or Cook for a bump. I kept thinking to myself that guy was impeded less than Kingsley was when he went to set the screen......Thought officiating wasn't great, we did get a lucky call with the crackback screen. I thought one of the late possessions the ball went out of bounds on TAMU's guys foot. If Kingsley touched the ball when it was on the line, in my opinion the ball was already on the line and therefore Arkansas' ball.

PonderinHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 18, 2017, 07:37:54 am
There was one possession in the second half were Kingsley goes to set a screen and Davis pushes him over almost, no call. In the same possession or possibly next possession on defense they whistle Kingsley or Cook for a bump. I kept thinking to myself that guy was impeded less than Kingsley was when he went to set the screen......Thought officiating wasn't great, we did get a lucky call with the crackback screen. I thought one of the late possessions the ball went out of bounds on TAMU's guys foot. If Kingsley touched the ball when it was on the line, in my opinion the ball was already on the line and therefore Arkansas' ball.
Never got a good camera angle. 

azhog10

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 18, 2017, 07:40:51 am
Never got a good camera angle.
Really? I was able to see this through my standard computer......The ball clearly strikes the TAMU defenders foot and roles to the sideline. If Kingsley did touch it the ball, you can see the ball is over the line and almost completely out of bounds by the time Kingsley does touch it.

PonderinHog

Good pics, az.  Didn't have the benefit of those last night.  Did you think Dusty was fouled or not?  Terrible place to inbound the ball.  Could we have thrown into the Aggie back court in that situation?

HF#1

Dusty got mugged on that play. Should have been a foul.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

azhog10

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 18, 2017, 08:28:19 am
Good pics, az.  Didn't have the benefit of those last night.  Did you think Dusty was fouled or not?  Terrible place to inbound the ball.  Could we have thrown into the Aggie back court in that situation?
Hate to throw in the back court at that juncture. Only if no one else is back there. You wouldn't want a turnover and quick layup so no way you throw it back there. That spot is the hardest to inbound out of. Not a lot of things you can do but screen and try to get open. I thought Dusty was bumped for sure, but the ball did go off of TAMU's foot and appears to have been on the line when Kingsley picked it up. That said I would have rather seen Hannahs try and throw it off the TAMU defender and then get the ball on a BLOB's where you can do a few more things than you can deep SLOBs.

PonderinHog

Blobs vs. Slobs!  lol

Those still shots can be misleading.  Not saying they are, but we don't know when Moses first touched that ball.

Bottom line, I'll take the win. 

azhog10

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 18, 2017, 08:49:00 am
Blobs vs. Slobs!  lol

Those still shots can be misleading.  Not saying they are, but we don't know when Moses first touched that ball.

Bottom line, I'll take the win.
I tried to stop the play as soon as he touched it. I got as close as I could to right when he touched it as I could. He shouldn't have tried to save it, but you can't fault the effort.

My bad base line out of bounds and side line out of bounds for those that may not be familiar.

PonderinHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 18, 2017, 08:50:52 am
I tried to stop the play as soon as he touched it. I got as close as I could to right when he touched it as I could. He shouldn't have tried to save it, but you can't fault the effort.

My bad base line out of bounds and side line out of bounds for those that may not be familiar.
From that pic, it should have been our ball, period.

I loved it! Slobs vs. Blobs! 

PharmacistHog

Couldnt see those pics on TV. In the replay from the camera angle it looked like it may have touched hannahs other foot after being kicked by a&m guy.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

azhog10

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 18, 2017, 08:54:19 am
Couldnt see those pics on TV. In the replay from the camera angle it looked like it may have touched hannahs other foot after being kicked by a&m guy.
Those pics are screen shots from the replay. All you have to do is slow it down. Never was Hannahs foot even close. His feet were clear off the side and the ball goes straight out of bounds. The only thing hard to see from the camera, and the only "out" for the officials is when did Moses touch the ball and did the ball touch the line, or did they call it out when Moses tried to save it and wasn't able to......that's the question.

BannerMountainMan

On a different note bracketologists have Arkansas up to an 8 seed
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

PonderinHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 18, 2017, 09:01:22 am
Those pics are screen shots from the replay. All you have to do is slow it down. Never was Hannahs foot even close. His feet were clear off the side and the ball goes straight out of bounds. The only thing hard to see from the camera, and the only "out" for the officials is when did Moses touch the ball and did the ball touch the line, or did they call it out when Moses tried to save it and wasn't able to......that's the question.
Do the refs have the benefit of screen shots when they review plays like that? 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 18, 2017, 09:01:22 am

Im not arguing with you. I had three kids in the living room with me. Couldnt examine it. I was just watching it live.
Millennials suck...

azhog10

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 18, 2017, 09:04:09 am
Do the refs have the benefit of screen shots when they review plays like that?
Yes and No but they have the benefit of slowing it down more than we do and pausing. So they may not have a screen shot button, but they can start and stop, and use the little mouse/ball to slow it down frame by frame. My only guess is they could not decide if the ball was on the line before Moses picked it up. But to me the ref was blowing his whistle before Moses even tried to save it as if the ref thought the ball hit the line and went off Hannahs foot......I wish they would have gotten a better explanation.

azhog10

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 18, 2017, 09:04:33 am
Im not arguing with you. I had three kids in the living room with me. Couldnt examine it. I was just watching it live.
That's fine. I'm just saying these screen shots came from the game film and the replay they showed during the game. So it's the same camera angle they had and same replay video.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 18, 2017, 09:07:14 am
That's fine. I'm just saying these screen shots came from the game film and the replay they showed during the game. So it's the same camera angle they had and same replay video.

Would have been nice to have the refs mic'd up so we could hear their reasoning.
Millennials suck...

PonderinHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 18, 2017, 09:06:25 am
Yes and No but they have the benefit of slowing it down more than we do and pausing. So they may not have a screen shot button, but they can start and stop, and use the little mouse/ball to slow it down frame by frame. My only guess is they could not decide if the ball was on the line before Moses picked it up. But to me the ref was blowing his whistle before Moses even tried to save it as if the ref thought the ball hit the line and went off Hannahs foot......I wish they would have gotten a better explanation.
Just another SEC road job.  Glad we overcame it.

azhog10

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 18, 2017, 09:10:49 am
Just another SEC road job.  Glad we overcame it.
Yeah, it wasn't as bad as some games. I thought we did a much better job at not fouling and I thought the refs did a better job of not anticipating and not calling things when no advantage was gained one way or another. I did think Davis got away with a lot of push in the backs in the first half, but the officials must have talked about it and paid more attention as he picked up a couple offensive fouls in the second half.

GuvHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 17, 2017, 09:43:18 pm
+1, still trying figure out how the hell we won... :-\ ...Usually the sign of a good team. Playing their worst game and still figuring out a way to win. People don't forget that this team has a lot of new faces and are still trying to figure out how to play together. If we keep growing this team could be pretty good by SEC tourney time.

The Hogs won because they played very good defense. Double teaming the big guys underneath and forcing the ball back out to the perimeter was a good defensive move.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 18, 2017, 08:54:13 am
From that pic, it should have been our ball, period.

I loved it! Slobs vs. Blobs! 

It should have never gone that far. A&M should have been called for a foul when Hannah was tripped and fell to the floor. it was clear that the A&M player stuck his knee out causing the trip but as usual, the SEC ref was out of position and did not see it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 18, 2017, 08:18:45 am
Really? I was able to see this through my standard computer......The ball clearly strikes the TAMU defenders foot and roles to the sideline. If Kingsley did touch it the ball, you can see the ball is over the line and almost completely out of bounds by the time Kingsley does touch it.

I don't think he lead with the crown of his head, pretty clean tackle from my perspective..maybe a ticky tac interference call but nothing flagrant.. come on, it's football let the guys play..

Gonzo

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2017, 08:12:06 pm
Why can't we have a positive thread

Cuz there has to be a winner and loser at this interwebz thing, I thought everyone knew that, geez ;)

Go Hogs!

FATHAWG08

That's the key GOOD TEAMS don't Foul all the time.
I love off season Football!!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'