Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Much Faster Tonight

Started by hogwood, January 14, 2017, 11:39:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

Is it just me or did the Hogs look a lot faster tonight? I saw lots of aggression on offense, driving and spinning to the basket. Shooting 3's and leaving passes for shooters with that go ahead confidence. There was an extremely high defensive energy, going above and beyond for steals and actually forcing turnovers off the press. Players were communicating, fired up, and raising their arms to usher in the crowd. So to me it seemed that Mike either lit into them real good or that we just played a really bad Mizzou team. Maybe both. Either way I hope they bring this energy to College Station. Also liked how CMA inserted Jones in the lineup early in the game. He looked good with Thompson, Cook, Hannahs, and Watkins.

JayBell

Arkansas always plays faster against weaker opponents because they can impose their will.  It's something they struggle to do against quality opposition who play smarter and intentionally slow the game down.  They tend to let equal and better teams dictate the pace.

Arazorbackguy1

The problem with these Razorbacks are the scoring droughts we cannot seem to avoid.  Mizzou should never have gotten within 12 points in the second half last night, yet we went on enough scoring droughts that they remained within striking distance.  It was really too close for comfort, even though we pulled away late. 

We have to find the guys that can step up and draw a foul after a minute of no baskets.  We can't go 2-5 minutes without scoring and expect to win night in and night out.  This is what makes UK so good, their ability to get cheap fouls and go to the line. 

Having 5 guys stand around the peremiter without an attempt to take it inside before the shot clock gets to 10 has got to stop, if we want to go to the tourney. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

FineAsSwine

Quote from: JayBell on January 15, 2017, 12:32:42 am
Arkansas always plays faster against weaker opponents because they can impose their will.  It's something they struggle to do against quality opposition who play smarter and intentionally slow the game down.  They tend to let equal and better teams dictate the pace.

Smart kids vs the dumb kids, just like 1994. Can't just be about basketball they have to be stupid.

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 15, 2017, 11:36:59 pm
Smart kids vs the dumb kids, just like 1994. Can't just be about basketball they have to be stupid.

By smarter he was talking about the opponents being smart enough to slow the game down, especially when the Hogs start to get on a run. Miss St did that several times in the 2nd half last Tuesday. Almost every time the Hogs would hit a big 3, MSU would come down, slow it down, and get an answer basket.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

parallaxpig

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2017, 09:32:09 am
By smarter he was talking about the opponents being smart enough to slow the game down, especially when the Hogs start to get on a run. Miss St did that several times in the 2nd half last Tuesday. Almost every time the Hogs would hit a big 3, MSU would come down, slow it down, and get an answer basket.

I believe that's called coaching as in opposing coach having three final fours as well as a bunch of NCAA appearances.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,