Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Win Hogs 92 to 73 over Mizzo

Started by forrest city joe, January 14, 2017, 07:17:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 16, 2017, 04:42:27 pm
Ok then, let me change the way I worded that just for you. If we keep winning we won't have to worry about the RPI. Better?
Much better!  ;D

Youngsta71701

Quote from: porkinsons disease on January 16, 2017, 05:08:20 pm
Nice work. There are so many to choose from. It's funny how the narrative changes when it's CMA.

I've had this jewel in my sig line. I might start changing it every week, giving proper credit to the author.

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011
Hell, if Magic Johnson and Larry Bird were on the same team they could coach the team themselves. lol
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

forrest city joe

Mizzo was a good win. every win is a good win because we could have lost again. and you folks would have been on here screaming and crying again.

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 16, 2017, 04:42:27 pm
Ok then, let me change the way I worded that just for you. If we keep winning we won't have to worry about the RPI. Better?

Agree with that completely.  If it comes down to a rip battle on the bubble they won't get in.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2017, 07:38:31 pm
Agree with that completely.  If it comes down to a rip battle on the bubble they won't get in.
You have no idea if they will get in or not. you hope they don't get in because you want the coach fired.stop man,just stop.

hulk hog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 16, 2017, 01:24:30 pm
Yep, those are the ones that hang on every loss while at the same time discrediting every win and are not willing to let the season play out. If we lose every one sucks. If we win the team we beat sucks. Pretty one sided to me. No matter what the team can't get any credit.

Missouri is 5-11 with an RPI of 274.  Guess what...they do suck. Mississippi St., Kentucky, Florida were good teams we lost to. When the team breaks the mold of what I've seen 4 of the last 5 years I'll give some credit.   Aw the good old days, when we actually expected to beat the teams that suck and most of the good ones too.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hulk hog on January 16, 2017, 09:35:35 pm
Missouri is 5-11 with an RPI of 274.  Guess what...they do suck. Mississippi St., Kentucky, Florida were good teams we lost to. When the team breaks the mold of what I've seen 4 of the last 5 years I'll give some credit.   Aw the good old days, when we actually expected to beat the teams that suck and most of the good ones too.
Key word is every. It doesn't matter who we beat. They will still suck just because we beat them. Some use the same logic when it comes to the football team. Guess that's just how a hog fan thinks these days.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 16, 2017, 09:46:00 pm
Key word is every. It doesn't matter who we beat. They will still suck just because we beat them.

Well said.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Razorod on January 16, 2017, 03:26:35 pm
Now, Creighton's win over #22 Xavier was a good win. On the road, lost your starting pg in the first half against a good team and you still win.

Would love either Greg Mcdermott or Chris Mack as head coach here.

mizzouman

This was a 'rent a win' for the Hogs only ya'll didn't pay us anything...  :)

Serious, good win.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 16, 2017, 07:33:27 pm
Mizzo was a good win. every win is a good win because we could have lost again. and you folks would have been on here screaming and crying again.

that is the problem. no way should there have been a feeling they could have lost the game
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: rude1 on January 15, 2017, 08:04:16 pm
Probably because it wasn't a good win, if the objective is to make the NCAA tourney. When you win and your rpi goes down, it probably wasn't a "good win".

Good freaking lord.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Captain Morgan

Better beat an awful LSU team today! 👌 :razorback:

Youngsta71701

Simply put. I'll take a win over a loss every time. No matter the opponent.