Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Win Hogs 92 to 73 over Mizzo

Started by forrest city joe, January 14, 2017, 07:17:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Team played hard tonight and got the win.congrats to our players and coaches. GO HOGS.

cardsNhogs

revolution

Congrats Hogs. But still looked sloppy, unfocused and inconsistent. Must do better!

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

Captain Morgan

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 14, 2017, 07:17:47 pm
Team played hard tonight and got the win.congrats to our players and coaches. GO HOGS.

Beating a 5-11 team isn't going to look like a "good" win to the selection committee.  :-\

Anderson has 3 of the next 4 games on the road. These next few games will likely decide his hot seat status and will show how good the team is.  ;)

forrest city joe

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 14, 2017, 07:19:41 pm
Now beat A&M
They are going to try hard to do that. this team still has a chance to be really good.Mike will have them ready.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

they won a game they had to win. As i said after te KY game, the tale of the season would be the stretch upcoming where they go on the road for 6 of 9. That was made even ore important with the unexpected loss last Tues.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dominicanhog

A & M is going to be tough.. they'll have 20 offensive rebounds against us.. our 4 position is killing us, again...

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Captain Morgan on January 14, 2017, 07:21:27 pm
Beating a 5-11 team isn't going to look like a "good" win to the selection committee.  :-\

Anderson has 3 of the next 4 games on the road. These next few games will likely decide his hot seat status and will show how good the team is.  ;)

Unfortunately, the SEC didn't give us the choice not to play them

dsims2k3

Quote from: revolution on January 14, 2017, 07:19:43 pm
Congrats Hogs. But still looked sloppy, unfocused and inconsistent. Must do better!

Not having a true PG does that to a team. They have to work on playing  more crisply but let's keep  pushing.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

LRHawg

I keep waiting for Kingsley to break through and the light come on, this season. Still dark.

Knot2brite

All Hog wins are good...keep winning and there is less dissention from the majority of people who are wanting change..winning cures
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Youngsta71701

It was a good win Joe but we still lose focus from time to time when we get a decent lead. Have to stay focused and play hard the whole game no matter the score. Business like and killer instinct. And it still seems like Moses is so determined to guard a guard out top instead of sagging off his man and controlling the paint... ???
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 14, 2017, 07:24:20 pm
Unfortunately, the SEC didn't give us the choice not to play them
LOL...good one. ;D

majp51

Quote from: Captain Morgan on January 14, 2017, 07:21:27 pm

You are arguing against the High Priest of CMA, every loss is to a final four contender, every win is proof of CMA's divinity

Youngsta71701

Quote from: majp51 on January 14, 2017, 07:26:03 pm
You are arguing against the High Priest of CMA, every loss is to a final four contender, every win is proof of CMA's divinity
You mad bro? In my Richard Sherman voice.

PharmacistHog

We won a game that we should have won. Shouldnt be any chest thumping OR pissing and moaning after this one. Would be a good night to watch football and not fight on jumpball about mike anderson.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 14, 2017, 07:24:19 pm
A & M is going to be tough.. they'll have 20 offensive rebounds against us.. our 4 position is killing us, again...

A&M guards are not playing well, and that always plays to the Hogs strength.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

26.2Hog

This win was a gimmee.  They're horrible. Mizzou is 5-11, 0-4 with a RPI of barely under 300.

But I do love a win.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 14, 2017, 07:27:16 pm
We won a game that we should have won. Shouldnt be any chest thumping OR pissing and moaning after this one. Would be a good night to watch football and not fight on jumpball about mike anderson.
Thank You. I have never seen a fan base so divided in my life.

revolution

Nice prescription!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 14, 2017, 07:28:20 pm
This win was a gimmee.  They're horrible. Mizzou is 5-11, 0-4 with a RPI of barely under 300.

But I do love a win.
No win is a gimmee. That's why you play the game. But I do agree they are not good.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 14, 2017, 07:28:27 pm
Thank You. I have never seen a fan base so divided in my life.
Jeez you are young....this is NOWHERE near the worst division

dsims2k3

We'really 13-4. Big road game coming!
Looking back at them haters like

Quote from: majp51 on January 14, 2017, 07:26:03 pm

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 14, 2017, 07:24:44 pm
Not having a true PG does that to a team. They have to work on playing  more crisply but let's keep  pushing.

agree about PG.. especially Moses and our 3 point shooting...

hogsanity

too bad the football game is probably going to be horrible.

sickboy

Quote from: LRHawg on January 14, 2017, 07:24:48 pm
I keep waiting for Kingsley to break through and the light come on, this season. Still dark.

I honestly don't think it's all his fault. Some of it is, but some of it is our offensive philosophy this year. Macon and Barford have shifted the offensive attention and we don't seem to even look to set Kingsley up. His offense comes 99% from defensive breakdowns either on the rebound or off of a cut from our guards.

It's a shame, because he could be a real weapon if we made it a focus to set him up offensively. It would also force the opposing to team to stretch more to defend us.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 14, 2017, 07:23:35 pm
They are going to try hard to do that. this team still has a chance to be really good.Mike will have them ready.
Hoping for a Hogs Win as always but not expecting it. I honestly like this roster with the exception of Thomas at the 4. Mike Anderson has under achieved this season so far.

XavierZane

Quote from: LRHawg on January 14, 2017, 07:24:48 pm

Gotta have someone who knows how to pass it to him.  If we had someone who felt confident making passes inside, you could add 6-10 easy points a night to Moses' game. 

Kingsley is a versatile and good player, even when he's not an offensive force.  Tonight was a quiet night for him, but he still got 10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 3 assists.  That's the usual too; he always has 2-5 steals, blocks, or assists along with double-figure (or nearly) points and rebounds. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

did what we should have done on Tuesday night.
You know your front court is bad when dusty Hannahs is out fighting you for rebounds.

One of the worst rebounding front courts I've seen.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 14, 2017, 07:27:39 pm

agree their not, and that is my hope... but I'm sure they'll play the game of their life against us and the boards really are a big concern

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 14, 2017, 07:32:04 pm
too bad the football game is probably going to be horrible.

Well, I can't really help you with that.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 14, 2017, 07:33:41 pm
did what we should have done on Tuesday night.
You know your front court is bad when dusty Hannahs is out fighting you for rebounds.

One of the worst rebounding front courts I've seen.

Who, us or them?

dsims2k3

Quote from: sickboy on January 14, 2017, 07:32:12 pm
I honestly don't think it's all his fault. Some of it is, but some of it is our offensive philosophy this year. Macon and Barford have shifted the offensive attention and we don't seem to even look to set Kingsley up. His offense comes 99% from defensive breakdowns either on the rebound or off of a cut from our guards.

It's a shame, because he could be a real weapon if we made it a focus to set him up offensively. It would also force the opposing to team to stretch more to defend us.

I honestly believe that Durham  didn't get enough  credit for  setting up KingsLeyland and Hannahs. We've missed  him at times.

Biggus Piggus

A 19-point win over Mizzou is barely trying.
[CENSORED]!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 14, 2017, 07:30:32 pm
Jeez you are young....this is NOWHERE near the worst division
Nah, I know about the Nolan situation and the Houston Dale Nutt situation. Help me out with the others. I'm not young anymore but I'm not old either. lol

It just seems like somebody is going to be griping or have something negative to say no matter what, win or lose. I can point out plenty of things we need to work on and get better at but I try not to be negative.

Knot2brite

The emergence of more outside shooting has hurt Kingsley. I watch him and he is trying to get position inside early in the game. If the guards don't find him early then he has a tendency to not work as hard. If they find him early then he works hard for the rest of the half. I watched him three times today put the ball on the floor for a power dribble when he didn't have to..each time it was a turnover.  He is going to have to learn to go up off those entry passes and eliminate the power dribble when in heavy traffic

Youngsta71701

January 14, 2017, 07:42:58 pm #38 Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:23:03 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: XavierZane on January 14, 2017, 07:32:55 pm
Gotta have someone who knows how to pass it to him.  If we had someone who felt confident making passes inside, you could add 6-10 easy points a night to Moses' game. 

Kingsley is a versatile and good player, even when he's not an offensive force.  Tonight was a quiet night for him, but he still got 10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 3 assists.  That's the usual too; he always has 2-5 steals, blocks, or assists along with double-figure (or nearly) points and rebounds.
Your right, sometimes it seems like they're scared to feed the post or make a pass to the lane.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 14, 2017, 07:40:57 pm
Nah, I know about the Nolan situation and the Houston Dale Nutt situation. Help me out with the others. I'm not young anymore but I'm not old either. lol

It just seems like somebody is going to be griping or have something negative to say no matter what, win or lose. I can point out plenty of things we need to work on and get better at but I try not to be negative.
Welcome to being a hog fan. It has always been that way. One could go back to the Kenny Hatfield days to see that people were mad about something. Arkansas fans are going to bitch and bark about something they swear is wrong even if it isn't. I used to do that..I was a leading word warrior for Nolan when that situation came down. I didn't want him to go and it was because I thought he was our best chance to win. I supported HDN because I liked his scheme but not necessarily his personality. I am not up in arms against MA yet. If he doesn't go to the tourney then I will be...not because I don't like him but rather because I see what kind of talent he has NOW and this is enough talent to make the tourney. I have serious problems with what I perceive to be a lack of fundamentals from him for years. I would like to see those changed and for him to change or at least tweek his scheme.

PonderinHog

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 14, 2017, 07:32:47 pm
Hoping for a Hogs Win as always but not expecting it. I honestly like this roster with the exception of Thomas at the 4. Mike Anderson has under achieved this season so far.
Thompson and Kingsley were on the court together tonight.  I wish they would work on that.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on January 14, 2017, 07:27:39 pm

A&M guards are not going to be a issue. Williams and Davis inside. A&M had 20 plus turnovers today.

tophawg19

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 14, 2017, 07:36:59 pm
I honestly believe that Durham  didn't get enough  credit for  setting up KingsLeyland and Hannahs. We've missed  him at times.
this i agree with he at least understood the position and how to move the ball
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Letsroll1200

One at a time!! Good win!  I hope the starting line up can build some chemistry together.

daprospecta

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 14, 2017, 07:30:41 pm
We'really 13-4. Big road game coming!
Looking back at them haters like

Did you really just post a pic of Bun B and Pimp C in hogville hahahaha???!!???

Hogs958

jdunhog

excellent win Joe! Look at Vandy and Tennessee both 8-8 gong into tonights game! I bet their fan base would kill for a 13-4 record!

root_hawg

Worse team in the league ... uh we should win.. next 2 aren't any better .... either

jdunhog

phadedhawg

I wasn't terribly impressed with our effort but honestly I was so pissed off after watching my Seahawks effort against the Falcons.  It would have taken a lot to impress me in that mood lolol

I thought the last few minutes were very sloppy but I attribute most of that to the refs.  They wouldn't let the game end. 

Missouri seems like a dumpster fire.  Winning doesn't tell us very much about our team. 

But a win is a win and after the last game I'm content...