Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you grill/Smoke this week???

Started by BR, July 15, 2012, 08:42:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

We want pics from everybody!!!  I'll probably just do a pork butt. Nothing very exciting.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on Yesterday at 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

LSUFan

Quote from: PharmacistHog on May 22, 2014, 04:30:33 pm
We want pics from everybody!!!  I'll probably just do a pork butt. Nothing very exciting.
You ain't the boss of us in here, Pill Boy!

:)
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: LSUFan on May 22, 2014, 04:36:05 pm
You ain't the boss of us in here, Pill Boy!

:)

That was just a request, not an
Order. Quit being oversensitive, corndog.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on Yesterday at 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

LSUFan

Quote from: PharmacistHog on May 22, 2014, 10:29:46 pm
That was just a request, not an
Order. Quit being oversensitive, corndog.
Sorry, my nipples are sensitive.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: LSUFan on May 22, 2014, 10:44:25 pm
Sorry, my nipples are sensitive.

Well, try rubbing some tri tip fat on them. Should soothe them.

PorkRinds

Quote from: PharmacistHog on May 23, 2014, 08:08:53 am
Well, try rubbing some tri tip fat on them. Should soothe them.
Just what the doctor ordered.  Beef fat nipple salve. 

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

old hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 22, 2014, 09:50:30 am
And delta threw some chicken parts on the Weber.
"Meats meat and a man's gotta eat."

bigstyx

3 racks of Dizzy Pig rubbed Baby Backs on the Egg right now...3-1-1 method. Foil and an apple juice spritz at 5:00, then finish with a dusting of Rendezvous seasoning. Stubbs and Head Country sauces available on the side.

ImHogginIt

Gonna throw on my usual 16 oz ribeyes around 7pm

LSUFan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 24, 2014, 04:03:27 pm
Gonna throw on my usual 16 oz ribeyes around 7pm
Got my Tri Tips in today, got the Cavenders cocked and ready! And the kobeers iced down!

PorkRinds

Quote from: LSUFan on May 24, 2014, 04:16:04 pm
Got my Tri Tips in today, got the Cavenders cocked and ready! And the kobeers iced down!

You gonna reverse seer them at the end? I haven't tried it but once phog showed me his results last week I'm gonna have to try it.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: LSUFan on May 24, 2014, 04:16:04 pm

Got my Cavenders ready as well.

Pulled(PP)pork

Finally found some tri tip and will grill it Monday. Did just a steak rub for our starter

PP

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Boarcephus

Picked up two great looking porterhouse steaks at Sam's.  About a pound and a half each and both have the huge filet chunk on it.  If you get there just right, you can find a package like this.   Throwing them on the egg around 11 or so tomorrow. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

SteveInArk

Best I can do during these times.  All Beef, bun length.    ;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

DeltaBoy

Tomorrow we have Hot dogs, Pork chops and Hambugers are up to the plate.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Delicious~Dreams

Saturday I had hamburgers and beef brats.....Yesterday I had steak, and today I'm cooking ribs.    I am a girl who loves good food.....it should be illegal. Lol!  :)

SteveInArk

Sounds like a well planned holiday weekend of grilling, DD.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

PharmacistHog

Pulled(PP)pork

the tri tip was the juiciest I have ever had.....5 min sear on both sides then moved it away from the coals for 10 min a side.  I need to order the proper rub for it though.  the steak rub just wasn't right

PP

DeltaBoy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 25, 2014, 09:08:50 pm
Tomorrow we have Hot dogs, Pork chops and Hambugers are up to the plate.

The Cook went off with out a hitch, used some pecan wood and got some nice color on those pork chops
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on May 27, 2014, 09:45:20 am
the tri tip was the juiciest I have ever had.....5 min sear on both sides then moved it away from the coals for 10 min a side.  I need to order the proper rub for it though.  the steak rub just wasn't right

PP

http://www.amazon.com/Plowboys-BBQ-Bovine-Bold/dp/B003I8JPHK

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: SteveInArk on May 26, 2014, 09:02:19 am
Sounds like a well planned holiday weekend of grilling, DD.

Thank you :)

I admit PharmicistHog ribs look really good!   

In the summer, I enjoy being outside as much as I can.    Mangos, pineapples and etc are really good grilled also.  :)

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on May 28, 2014, 12:42:19 pm
Thank you :)

I admit PharmicistHog ribs look really good!   

In the summer, I enjoy being outside as much as I can.    Mangos, pineapples and etc are really good grilled also.  :)

Thanks. I'm not even a big rib lover but they were good. Probably only second time I've cooked them on my egg.

DeltaBoy

I have not tackled Ribs yet, but I got to get me some more Pork Chops  I must have stubbed my toe cause this batch was GOOD!  The wife had a fit over them.  It was great to get away from Yard Bird , I swear I was wanting to Crow and scratch the yard for worms.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 30, 2014, 08:43:22 am
I have not tackled Ribs yet, but I got to get me some more Pork Chops  I must have stubbed my toe cause this batch was GOOD!  The wife had a fit over them.  It was great to get away from Yard Bird , I swear I was wanting to Crow and scratch the yard for worms.

If you're looking for cheap but good eats, try some country pork ribs.  You can smoke them or grill them over hot coals and let them finish over the indirect side.  Throw bbq sauce on for the last few minutes.  Great stuff. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 30, 2014, 08:53:47 am
If you're looking for cheap but good eats, try some country pork ribs.  You can smoke them or grill them over hot coals and let them finish over the indirect side.  Throw bbq sauce on for the last few minutes.  Great stuff. 

The Local Mexican Grocery store carries them quite a bit so I will give them a try.

LSUFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 30, 2014, 08:53:47 am
This.

I do mine the same, cept I wrap them in foil when on direct heat, they fall apart.

PharmacistHog

Two huge sirloin steaks and couple packs of ground meat thawing from my cow I had butchered last month. Hope to have some nice looking steaks to show off after the weekend.

zane

RIP LSUfan

zane

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on May 27, 2014, 09:45:20 am

PP

Real California tri tip is done with a Santa Maria marinade. Give it a google and experiment with it. This is the only way I cooked it when I lived in SoCal and had unlimited access to this amazing cut of meat.
RIP LSUfan

netteltonhog

Just my luck. My new smokin tex arrived today and the power is out in the Jonesboro area. We will be lucky to have it back on by dark.

SteveInArk

Quote from: netteltonhog on June 05, 2014, 01:57:03 pm
Just my luck. My new smokin tex arrived today and the power is out in the Jonesboro area. We will be lucky to have it back on by dark.

LOL .... my head would explode if that happened.  Hope they get the power fixed for you, but LOTS of problems in NEA.  Heck, the wind even blew some rail cars on a moving train, off the tracks!

PharmacistHog

Burgers tonight. Sliders on kings hawaiian rolls and regular burgers on light bread.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: zane on May 30, 2014, 11:26:20 pm
Real California tri tip is done with a Santa Maria marinade. Give it a google and experiment with it. This is the only way I cooked it when I lived in SoCal and had unlimited access to this amazing cut of meat.
yah, remember what they used and found it on the interwebs, need to order some.

PP

colbs

Spare ribs with cherry wood, 3-2-1 method.

[attachment deleted by admin]

PharmacistHog

Wings, pork butt, and peach cobbler. Had both eggs fired up today.

DeltaBoy

Thick cut Pork chops are in the refrigerator covered with Head Country Seasoning.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on June 16, 2014, 07:19:25 pm
Thick cut Pork chops are in the refrigerator covered with Head Country Seasoning.

Well I got those pork chops down. I injected them with Stubbs chipote butter and they got gone gone fast.

ImHogginIt

I'm off to Sams for some Boston Butts and ribs

BR

Have 8 Boston Butts in smoker, 22QT cooker full of baked beans and 5 gallon bags full of slaw mix marinating for a party Saturday...

PharmacistHog

Quote from: BR on June 19, 2014, 03:04:44 pm
Have 8 Boston Butts in smoker, 22QT cooker full of baked beans and 5 gallon bags full of slaw mix marinating for a party Saturday...

Where ya been, my friend?

PorkRinds

So my wife surprised me with a primo ceramic grill. I'm in love with this thing, and now she is too! My first real cook, chicken wings. Thanks to PHog for some tips. These things were amazing. Marinated in soy, garlic, ginger, Sriracha, and brown sugar. Then cooked indirect at 359 til almost done. Threw my home made teriyaki sauce on at the end and threw them back on to glaze up. Needless to say, they were amazing.

BR

Quote from: PharmacistHog on June 19, 2014, 03:11:57 pm
Where ya been, my friend?
It has been a very busy Spring, doesn't look to slow down anytime soon...

HawgWild

I'm going to do a flank steak marinated in Pickapeppa, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, garlic and brown sugar. I'll add some chilies in for heat.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: BR on June 20, 2014, 07:45:17 am
It has been a very busy Spring, doesn't look to slow down anytime soon...

I dont do facebook so only time I get to see your cooks is here or across the street.

PharmacistHog

I've got more canadian bacon cured. Its soaking now and then will be ready to smoke this afternoon.

ImHogginIt

4 Boston Butts currently on the WSM. Here they are after 3 hours