Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you grill/Smoke this week???

Started by BR, July 15, 2012, 08:42:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

SteveInArk

Not been grillin' much ... but about to put an end to that.  And yes, the chicken chili and big frito's are still great, lol.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

old hog

Gonna grill some loin chops dusted with some "Slap your Mama's" cajun seasoning, onion salad that I've seen on here, and some grilled corn on the cob with garlic butter. Wash it down with Samual Adams. They are forecasting rain tomorrow so may have to wait till weekend.

Boarcephus

Quote from: BR on April 01, 2014, 02:07:01 pm
STOP the presses you cooked chicken again....... 

As I've said many times, wished i woke up craving chicken or salmon but I don't.  I want a huge hunk of red meat.  Bravo for those who have this fish gene but I'll get my Omega 3 in little gold colored pills.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

kibster

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 01, 2014, 01:41:35 pm
White Chicken Chili never last past Monday if I make it Saturday.  Plus we blow through 3 bags of Frito Scoup's Corn chips.

How do you make yours?
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

ImHogginIt

He at least did some brats and pork back in October... along with the chicken  ;)

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=489422.msg8472094#msg8472094

DeltaBoy

Paying for HS Cheerleading Chicken is all I got in the Freezer till payday. Plus the wife got us all on a healthy eating kick so I been restricted on buying steaks or Brats more than once every other month.  Also my Grill been put up since Nov.2013.  I just finally got it out during Spring Break and finally got to grill on it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 02, 2014, 09:15:42 am
Paying for HS Cheerleading Chicken is all I got in the Freezer till payday. Plus the wife got us all on a healthy eating kick so I been restricted on buying steaks or Brats more than once every other month.  Also my Grill been put up since Nov.2013.  I just finally got it out during Spring Break and finally got to grill on it.

What kind of man doesn't grill in the Winter months? And we're in Texas man. Our Winters are mild !  :-[

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 02, 2014, 09:15:42 am

I'm thinking about breaking down and buying myself a new charcoal grill.  They have a good looking Char-broil at Walmart.  What would you recommend, Delta, you ever used one of those Char-broils? 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

jacobp

the only correct answer is a Weber Kettle. or paying the primo price for an Egg.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 02, 2014, 09:21:01 am
What kind of man doesn't grill in the Winter months? And we're in Texas man. Our Winters are mild !  :-[

Not for me.  Where our house sits you feel like your on top of the Llano Escudo in the Winter time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PharmacistHog on April 02, 2014, 09:56:39 am
I'm thinking about breaking down and buying myself a new charcoal grill.  They have a good looking Char-broil at Walmart.  What would you recommend, Delta, you ever used one of those Char-broils? 

Nope but the Neighbor got one he left out doors and cooks on all the time . 

I personally only recommend Weber Kettles or my dream BGE.

Get nothing smaller that this one
http://www.weber.com/grills/series/one-touch/one-touch-silver-225

Unless it just 2 of you then a Smokey Joe will get it done.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: kibster on April 01, 2014, 11:10:41 pm
How do you make yours?

I follow the recipe here on Hogville except we use 2% Cheese and I cheat and buy a rotisserie chicken from Wal-Mart or HEB.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=383193.0

VBRazorback

Bbq chicken with head country seasoning. Kids eat it all up.  I have to fight them off.

gijoejd

Smoked some pork tenderloin yesterday.  It was proabably the best turn out I have had. 

DeltaBoy

Boog41

Baconburgers!!

It wasn't picture worthy, but I had Dime's meat market in Springdale grind 3/4 lb. of bacon with 2 1/4 lb of beef. In other words three parts beef to one part bacon. The bacon needs to be frozen first so it will grind easily.

If any of you try this, make your paddies a couple of ounces bigger than usual as they do cook off a little more than all beef.

kibster

Quote from: Boog41 on April 07, 2014, 12:20:15 pm
Baconburgers!!

It wasn't picture worthy, but I had Dime's meat market in Springdale grind 3/4 lb. of bacon with 2 1/4 lb of beef. In other words three parts beef to one part bacon. The bacon needs to be frozen first so it will grind easily.

If any of you try this, make your paddies a couple of ounces bigger than usual as they do cook off a little more than all beef.

And watch for flare-ups. Last time I did this I didn't use that much bacon, but I wasn't watching well enough and flare-ups Torched a couple patties.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

DeltaBoy

Got 5 pounds of Chicken Breast for $9:95 yesterday along with some Cajun Hollar Boudian Sausage.
Weather in DFW suppost to be fine on Saturday.

BR

https://www.facebook.com/groups/60665301904/

Putting a hurting on the 2 of the smokers today... 9 Slabs or ribs, beans, sweet corn and Mac & Cheese...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 08, 2014, 08:04:48 am
Got 5 pounds of Chicken Breast for $9:95 yesterday along with some Cajun Hollar Boudian Sausage.
Weather in DFW suppost to be fine on Saturday.

Fayetteville might as well be in the desert when it comes to finding Andouille or Boudin sausage.  Stopped by Maudie's Friday and they had one stick that looked freezer burned to hell.  Head to Florida in a couple weeks and I'll stock up on the way back.  When it comes to finding Cajun sausages or cajun products, Fayetteville AR sucks.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DadVader1

I FINALLY smoked a brisket that was worthy of serving to friends!!!  I have pretty decent routines down for the usual suspects like ribs, pulled pork, chicken thighs, chicken wings, and beef tenderloins, but I've ruined more practice briskets than I care to admit.  I still have a long way to go before I declare that I have a pretty decent routine figured out for briskets, but it was nice to finally hit one where there was much more good meat than crumbly, over-cooked portions. 

And I completely understand the chicken thing.  I've gotten a LOT better with chicken now that I have a son in college.

DeltaBoy

I was out late Friday and Saturday and it rained Sunday so it was a no go this past weekend.

thebignasty

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 13, 2014, 11:14:58 am
Fayetteville might as well be in the desert when it comes to finding Andouille or Boudin sausage.  Stopped by Maudie's Friday and they had one stick that looked freezer burned to hell.  Head to Florida in a couple weeks and I'll stock up on the way back.  When it comes to finding Cajun sausages or cajun products, Fayetteville AR sucks.

I like the andouille from Richards.  It's not what most look for in andouille though.

rcopela

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 13, 2014, 11:14:58 am
Neighborhood Market on Crossover and 45 carries Zummo's, which I like and Richards carries there homemade..

Boarcephus

Quote from: rcopela on April 16, 2014, 08:02:30 am
Neighborhood Market on Crossover and 45 carries Zummo's, which I like and Richards carries there homemade..

I've bought Richards before but it just doesn't look like what I'm after. Their's is all ground up and I've always associated real andouille with big chunks of meat and spices.  Headed to Florida in a week or two and I'll stock up on my way back.  I'll check the NHM over the weekend.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 16, 2014, 08:53:16 am
I've bought Richards before but it just doesn't look like what I'm after. Their's is all ground up and I've always associated real andouille with big chunks of meat and spices.  Headed to Florida in a week or two and I'll stock up on my way back.  I'll check the NHM over the weekend.

If it was not for HEB I would be hard pressed with out going down to the Golden Triangle in SE Texas

jacobp

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 16, 2014, 08:53:16 am
I'm a Savoie's fan myself. But never been able to find it up here. My mother in law brings up a Louisiana care package with her every time she comes up.
I'll be stocked up on  andouille, boudain, meat pies, and Zapp's potato chips by this time tomorrow.

Boarcephus

Quote from: jacobp on April 16, 2014, 04:57:58 pm
I'm a Savoie's fan myself. But never been able to find it up here. My mother in law brings up a Louisiana care package with her every time she comes up.
I'll be stocked up on  andouille, boudain, meat pies, and Zapp's potato chips by this time tomorrow.

Brookshires in Kilgore carries the Manda and the Savoie brands of Andouille I'll pick up somewhen we see the grandkids in May but I'll stop at Minsky's Pecans in Lake Providence, LA on the way down to FL here pretty soon.  I'll swing by on the way down, see what they're carrying and have them order what I want and pick it up on the way back the next week.   I think I can come up with some alligator Boudin and some good andouille.   I'll probably buy 15 or so sticks of the stuff because it freezes so well.

DeltaBoy

This weekend I will be cooking Cajun Hollar Sausages, a Turkey Sausage from Hillshire farms and 5 pounds of Marinated Chicken Breast.

ImHogginIt

Heading to Sam's after while to pick up a couple Boston Butts and some pork loin to smoke tomorrow

PharmacistHog

I'm smoking a prime rib for easter.  That may be my favorite cook. 

DeltaBoy

I get paid on Good Friday and I will be getting some steaks too.

ImHogginIt

Just put some Boston Butts and pork tenderloins on the WSM

How come every time I load a pic from my phone to Hville it shows upside down ?  :-[

[attachment deleted by admin]

J Green

JS that made me get up from my desk and turn my head upside down so i could see it better.. very nice..

ImHogginIt

Quote from: J Green on April 18, 2014, 12:09:46 pm
JS that made me get up from my desk and turn my head upside down so i could see it better.. very nice..

Beautiful day for being home smoking meat and drinking. Wish the Cardinals were playing an afternoon game then it would be perfect.

ImHogginIt

April 18, 2014, 01:49:43 pm #386 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:21:06 pm by ImHogginIt
Pork tenderloins are done. I used both Strawberry's rub and Plowboys Yardbird on them and smoked with cherry wood. Turned out great. One of the better tasting tenderloin smokes I've done. Can't wait for the butts tonight.

[attachment deleted by admin]

PorkRinds

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 18, 2014, 01:49:43 pm
Pork tenderloins are done. I used both Strawberry's rub and Plowboys Yardbird on them and smoked with cherry wood. Turned out great. One of the better tasting tenderloins smokes I've done. Can't wait for the butts tonight.

What time's dinner? PM me the address.  Also, do I need to bring beer?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 18, 2014, 02:13:49 pm
What time's dinner? PM me the address.  Also, do I need to bring beer?

Allen, Texas. Follow the smell. Bring Coors Light on ice  :razorback:

PorkRinds

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 18, 2014, 02:20:37 pm
Allen, Texas. Follow the smell. Bring Coors Light on ice  :razorback:

I'm on my way!

DeltaBoy

Got every thing grilled and ate most last night for good Friday.

Old Tusk

The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

SteveInArk

Grilled big, plump chicken wings into medium, crispy pieces of delight, LOL!  Marinade only in recent years.  Wing sauces are for eatin' out at a restaurant.  Double-checked the quality of a few beers in the process.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

old hog

Grilled some big rib eyes, along with some garlic butter, mushroom/onions, salad and baked potato. An apple pie with ice cream for dessert. Satisfied the carnivorous side of me. Had to wash it down with some Landshark beer.

jdelo77

I cooked sirloins on Sunday , took a bag of crappie tonight and cut it into strips and made crappie tacos  , made horseradish sauce and threw some lettuce and cheese on them and ate every piece , damn tasty meal ....

LSUFan

I hear-tell XHOG smoked a bird this weekend.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

PorkRinds

And delta threw some chicken parts on the Weber.

ImHogginIt

Delicious~Dreams

Memorial Day Weekend....I plan to grill and be outside for all of it!  Hamburgers, beef brats, chicken, potatoes etc...  I hope the weather is beautiful. :)

LSUFan

Ordered me a Tri Tip, suppossed to be here Saturday, then it's Bayou Country Superfest this Sunday!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.