Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you grill/Smoke this week???

Started by BR, July 15, 2012, 08:42:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

DeltaBoy

My Weber been cleaned and put up since Thanksgiving.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigture perfect

Rotissering a freshly shot goose Thursday. Starting marinade tonight. Butter garlic + cavenders.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PharmacistHog

Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

RazorWild

Pharm, love your last two post.  What is all in the sauce on your Loin?  Just garlic/cilantro?

Slacker

PharmacistHog

Quote from: RazorWild on February 04, 2014, 10:35:23 pm
Pharm, love your last two post.  What is all in the sauce on your Loin?  Just garlic/cilantro?

Apricot preserves, lemon juice, cilantro, and garlic.
Millennials suck...

ImHogginIt

Fired up my little Weber Smokey Joe last night in the snow to grill some beer brats. Washed em' down with Coors Light while watching Olympics opening.

pigture perfect

Country Ribs from Harps for tomorrow. Can't wait.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

Oh, this is my favorite thread. I get some great idea's from you guys.

PharmacistHog

New York strip from
Last weekend. Let it go a little too long but was still pretty good.
Millennials suck...

Boarcephus

Surf and turf on the egg today.  Made my usual trip to FM in Rogers and they had the lobster tails on sale so we'll go that route again.  Split them in half, little melted butter and garlic to baste them with and we'll eat like kings.  Almost glad it's kind of a pain to get to or I'd go there 3-4 times a week.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PharmacistHog

Another pork loin cuz they are so darn easy. This time apricot preserves and carolina mustard sauce and garlic.

Millennials suck...

BR

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 17, 2014, 11:23:04 am
Another pork loin cuz they are so darn easy. This time apricot preserves and carolina mustard sauce and garlic.

Very nice
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

PharmacistHog

Thanks. How was the trip?  I'm still jealous.
Millennials suck...

BR

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 17, 2014, 02:28:44 pm
Thanks. How was the trip?  I'm still jealous.
Trip was freaking past awesome... 2 weeks of bliss. 29 days till Gulf Shores for week..

kibster

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 17, 2014, 11:23:04 am

I have never smoked a pork loin and I am not sure why I haven't.   How did you prepare this and how long and at what temp?
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

PharmacistHog

Quote from: kibster on February 17, 2014, 08:42:15 pm
I have never smoked a pork loin and I am not sure why I haven't.   How did you prepare this and how long and at what temp?

I just rubbed it pretty heavy with strawberrys rub and smoked at 300 degrees til internal temp was 130. Then I put the glaze on all sides and kept smoking til 145 degrees. Took off and loosely tented with foil and let rest 15 minutes. I've learned to cook to temp and not by time. Buy a cheap thermometer with alarm(got
Mine at academy sports for 20$). You set it to whatever temp and then it shows you what temp your meat is and what temp your target is. Mine even has another remote unit that you can sit inside and it beeps when target temp is reached. Sorry for the long post.
Millennials suck...

kibster

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 17, 2014, 09:01:31 pm
I just rubbed it pretty heavy with strawberrys rub and smoked at 300 degrees til internal temp was 130. Then I put the glaze on all sides and kept smoking til 145 degrees. Took off and loosely tented with foil and let rest 15 minutes. I've learned to cook to temp and not by time. Buy a cheap thermometer with alarm(got
Mine at academy sports for 20$). You set it to whatever temp and then it shows you what temp your meat is and what temp your target is. Mine even has another remote unit that you can sit inside and it beeps when target temp is reached. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks! I cook by temp as well and have a remote unit as well.  Generally how long does it take?  Don't want to put something on and have it get finished way early or way late.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

PharmacistHog

That was a whole loin. It took about 2 hours. Maybe 2&1/2?  Only thing is, I have big green egg and the dome temp reading is usually a little higher than the actual temp. I probably cooked those at 275 at the cooking grid. I have cooked them at about 325 and it takes bout an hour or hour and a half but the loer temp seems to come out better for me.
Millennials suck...

PharmacistHog

Millennials suck...

PorkRinds

kibster

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 17, 2014, 09:28:28 pm
That was a whole loin. It took about 2 hours. Maybe 2&1/2?  Only thing is, I have big green egg and the dome temp reading is usually a little higher than the actual temp. I probably cooked those at 275 at the cooking grid. I have cooked them at about 325 and it takes bout an hour or hour and a half but the loer temp seems to come out better for me.

Did a pork loin on the smoker with some apricot preserves.  Turned out great.  Wife thinks it might be her favorite thing off the smoker.

BR

BR

Delicious~Dreams

That looks good!  It's Race Day!   Now...I have to cook!  :)

BR

PharmacistHog

Quote from: kibster on February 28, 2014, 11:29:49 pm
Did a pork loin on the smoker with some apricot preserves.  Turned out great.  Wife thinks it might be her favorite thing off the smoker.

Sweet.
Millennials suck...

DeltaBoy

Spring Break starts this Friday at 3:45 and the Weber coming out Friday night and I will be ready for Saturday.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

PharmacistHog

Boneless lamb leg, couple chicken breasts, and few jalapeno cheddar chicken bombs. Lamb was perfect medium rate. I don't even like lamb all that much but it was awesome.

Millennials suck...

Delicious~Dreams

I'm going to try my hand at Peach Smoked Pork Tenderloin for tomorrow or Sunday.   The recipe sounds amazing but it will be my first attempt at actually smoking anything ever!   Hoping for the best!  :)

PorkRinds

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on March 14, 2014, 09:19:40 am
I'm going to try my hand at Peach Smoked Pork Tenderloin for tomorrow or Sunday.   The recipe sounds amazing but it will be my first attempt at actually smoking anything ever!   Hoping for the best!  :)

Report back and post pics!!! What kind of smoker are you using?  And by peach, do you mean you're using peach wood, or the recipe has peaches in it? 

Delicious~Dreams

I'm using a Weber cooker? and the recipe calls for peach or apricot wood in addition too Smuckers Peach Jam.    I'm not really good at posting pics but I'll report back.  Hopefully,  it will turn out but I have to start somewhere. (:

old hog

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on March 15, 2014, 01:33:50 am
I'm using a Weber cooker? and the recipe calls for peach or apricot wood in addition too Smuckers Peach Jam.    I'm not really good at posting pics but I'll report back.  Hopefully,  it will turn out but I have to start somewhere. (:
Love to hear about the results. Never heard of using peach or apricot wood, but sounds good.

Delicious~Dreams

First,  let me say that smoking/grilling is harder than it looks!!    It almost has to be a guys domain but I tried it.....I had a hard time getting it hot enough but I finally did it and the food tasted wonderful......Of course, I finished it off in the oven...lol...yes, I worried about it being thoroughly cooked but I reside to the fact that I need lots of practice and patience!!   It makes me more appreciative of guys who can grill!!    (:   

BTW....The recipe I used was one that BR had the sign up emails for. 

DeltaBoy

PorkRinds

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on March 17, 2014, 01:35:21 pm
First,  let me say that smoking/grilling is harder than it looks!!    It almost has to be a guys domain but I tried it.....I had a hard time getting it hot enough but I finally did it and the food tasted wonderful......Of course, I finished it off in the oven...lol...yes, I worried about it being thoroughly cooked but I reside to the fact that I need lots of practice and patience!!   It makes me more appreciative of guys who can grill!!    (:   

BTW....The recipe I used was one that BR had the sign up emails for.

If you don't have one, an instant read probe thermometer takes the guess work out of internal temperatures. And yes, controlling the fire and heat is the hardest part. 

HogScoutMaster

Tooks the scouts out this weekend and we had bacon wrapped duck.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

DeltaBoy

Yes my mother always wrap the Duck with Bacon!

Boarcephus

Smoking some country style ribs on Saturday and making BR's Cajun Onion Salad.  Either going to love it or toss it but looks interesting to say the least.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PharmacistHog

I've got a brisket in the bottom of the frig that's been aging for a few months.  I think I may throw that on the egg Saturday if I don't have to go anywhere. 
Millennials suck...

DeltaBoy

More Chicken with Italian Dressing Salt and Pepper.

kibster

Smoking a pork loin again, this time going with peach preserves.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 24, 2014, 10:43:40 am
More Chicken with Italian Dressing Salt and Pepper.

We did the Yard Bird again with Cavendars Greek Seasoning and some Italian Dressing.  I grilled 6 whole chicken breast and they were gone by Sunday night.

Boarcephus

Did filets and lobster tails on the egg Sunday.  Made a big batch of chili Sunday for lunch this week.  That stuff is good and easy to make.

old hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 01, 2014, 10:18:02 am
Did filets and lobster tails on the egg Sunday.  Made a big batch of chili Sunday for lunch this week.  That stuff is good and easy to make.
White chicken chili?  That stuff is great.

DeltaBoy

White Chicken Chili never last past Monday if I make it Saturday.  Plus we blow through 3 bags of Frito Scoup's Corn chips.

BR

Quote from: kibster on March 24, 2014, 10:11:49 pm
Smoking a pork loin again, this time going with peach preserves.
Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 01, 2014, 10:11:45 am
We did the Yard Bird again with Cavendars Greek Seasoning and some Italian Dressing.  I grilled 6 whole chicken breast and they were gone by Sunday night.
STOP the presses you cooked chicken again....... 

Boarcephus

Quote from: old hog on April 01, 2014, 01:35:12 pm
White chicken chili?  That stuff is great.

No, just my regular chili.