Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The key to the Team next year is Modica.

Started by Illinihog, March 07, 2005, 05:31:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Illinihog

He doesn't get a long with a certain "star".  He is pouting and doesn't like a couple of his teammates.  So unless he can put his ego aside and figure out he isn't the man.  Then this team is destined for the shitter again.  It's hard to win when the chemistry isn't there and it isn't there with this team.  Until he puts his differences with Brewer aside this team is done.

idochog

Quote from: Illinihog on March 07, 2005, 05:31:36 am
He doesn't get a long with a certain "star".  He is pouting and doesn't like a couple of his teammates.  So unless he can put his ego aside and figure out he isn't the man.  Then this team is destined for the shitter again.  It's hard to win when the chemistry isn't there and it isn't there with this team.  Until he puts his differences with Brewer aside this team is done.

Personally I dont see Modica as the MAN.  He had to be the MAN the first 2 years he was here b/c he was the best player.  I see Modica having too many weaknessess in turnovers, defense and ballhandling to be the MAN.  He is a role player and needs to learn to adapt to that and make the most of his time while trying to improve other parts of his game.

As much as OLU aggravates me, he plays better defense and rebounds.
I love Jesus!

Amityvillehogger

He was prolly a little shell shocked cause he was the man in his highschool scoring 30 a game.  He gets here, and is still the man.  Then, heath brings in better athletes and scorer's, and he doesn't know what to do cause he aint the man anymore.  Hopefully, by next year he'll realize what his roles on this team are now that there are just as good, or better, basketball players around him. 
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

mikeirwin

The key to next season is somebody who is not on the team right now. Maybe two somebodies. Or three.
Heath needs more players. The two that have signed had better arrive ready to go. If another one signs in the spring, the same thing applies.

carhog

His ego isnt the problem.  The way the entire situation has been handled is the problem. 

Fatty McGee

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 07, 2005, 05:47:59 am

That kind of Shiite would not be tolerated under a Nolan, Sutton, Tubby, Self,Knight, ect... They know how to handle those situations while Heath as usual has no clue.

Yeah, Nolan never had any trouble with a "star" who wasn't living up to his potential.  Paging Darnell Robinson.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

hogfan212

Without Darnell we would not have won a NC. Darnell required attention wherever he was on the court and was a contributor to success

It is absolutely pathetic and proves you don't have a clue to believe DR required attention and help us win a NT.  He is probably the biggest bust in Razorback history.

And by the way Illini hog I believe you are exactly right on the Modica situation.  He really could be a big problem next year if Heath doesn't firgure out a way to put out the fire fast.

Hogghead

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 07, 2005, 09:10:53 am
He was prolly a little shell shocked cause he was the man in his highschool scoring 30 a game. He gets here, and is still the man. Then, heath brings in better athletes and scorer's, and he doesn't know what to do cause he aint the man anymore. Hopefully, by next year he'll realize what his roles on this team are now that there are just as good, or better, basketball players around him.

This little "Buckaroo" needs to know this aint Smackover and Norphlet aint on the Schedule anymore! He can get right or he can get gone down the road to UCA or UAM. It's his choice.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Hogghead on March 07, 2005, 01:14:10 pm
Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 07, 2005, 09:10:53 am
He was prolly a little shell shocked cause he was the man in his highschool scoring 30 a game. He gets here, and is still the man. Then, heath brings in better athletes and scorer's, and he doesn't know what to do cause he aint the man anymore. Hopefully, by next year he'll realize what his roles on this team are now that there are just as good, or better, basketball players around him.

This little "Buckaroo" needs to know this aint Smackover and Norphlet aint on the Schedule anymore! He can get right or he can get gone down the road to UCA or UAM. It's his choice.

how's he the main problem? his minutes have been reduced recenltey and the hogs have lost 5 out of the last 6

hog halfcourt O is anemic and inefficient just as much with him on the bench as it is when he is in. at least he can make some shots

The_Bionic_Pig

If Armon Bassett arrives on campus this fall he will personally dismantle a lot of Zone Defenses....He is not on JJ Reddicks level but I would still put him a notch above Al Dillard, and we all knew what he could do.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 07, 2005, 01:32:42 pm
If Armon Bassett arrives on campus this fall he will personally dismantle a lot of Zone Defenses....He is not on JJ Reddicks level but I would still put him a notch above Al Dillard, and we all knew what he could do.

but he cusses cheerleaders...... ;)

Fatty McGee

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 07, 2005, 11:24:25 am
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 07, 2005, 10:07:38 am
Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 07, 2005, 05:47:59 am

That kind of Shiite would not be tolerated under a Nolan, Sutton, Tubby, Self,Knight, ect... They know how to handle those situations while Heath as usual has no clue.

Yeah, Nolan never had any trouble with a "star" who wasn't living up to his potential.  Paging Darnell Robinson.

Without Darnell we would not have won a NC. Darnell required attention wherever he was on the court and was a contributor to success

I agree with you.  But surely we can all agree that Darnell never reached his potential while at Arkansas.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

carhog

I like how everyone on here KNOWS its Modica.  Maybe he isnt the problem at all.  Maybe it is particailly his fault.  Unless you know what is going on behind the scenes then you probably dont need to comment on it.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 07, 2005, 09:35:36 am
The key to next season is somebody who is not on the team right now. Maybe two somebodies. Or three.
Heath needs more players. The two that have signed had better arrive ready to go. If another one signs in the spring, the same thing applies.

Seems like a stretch.  Until recently Heath didn't even think he needed more guards other than McCurdy.  His primary target is an iffy grades kid from Terre Haute.  I hope McGowan works out better than Thomas has, as far as immediate help goes.  McCurdy, what's he going to do on D?  Make us better?  To me this team is missing a distributor, a pure outside shooter, a defensive stopper and a great rebounder.  McGowan is supposed to be the rebounder.  We won't have the stopper.  They hope they bring in two good shooters and passers, McCurdy and Late Signee.  The defense part was as big a problem as the scoring.  Maybe Heath can learn how to teach the Huevos.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

I don't believe Modica is the key to next year, because I don't believe Modica will be around next year.  I think Heath wants to cut him.  Famutimi is da bomb, doncha know?

One way or another, Heath has to reduce the amount of playing time allocated to swingmen crammed into other positions.
[CENSORED]!

toshortrock

if he;s the key,,,we might as well skip next year
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////