Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for help, going to Cancun for Christmas

Started by B Ray, September 04, 2006, 02:35:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

B Ray

Looking anybody that can help with travel arrangments, to any helpful places to stay and things to see and do.

CoolestPersonEver

I dont know if this will help or not, but I went to Cozumel and i went through Traveloni.com   You get a 5% rebate back or something....they took good care of me.  Sorry I cant help you more.

HogCard

Try worryfreevacations.com.  Usually have pretty good deals.  Used them several times.

Tejano Jawg

The Mayan ruins at Chichen-Itza are cool. Very impressive, actually. Most hotels can arrange travel there...it's about 2 hrs away by bus. (And the bus isn't one with goats and roosters on it either.)

If you do that and still want more ruins, check out Tulum. It's about an hour south of Cancun, on the coast. Very pretty. Those Mayans had it going on.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ArmyHog

I stayed at the Moon Palace, 5 star resort about 10 miles from the strip. The are 6 restaurants and 3 pools, the beach is private (topless) and a pool that can be topless or not.

pikehog

Stay at the Westin it is off by itself, is the 2nd hotel from the airport and is nice. The hotel strip is a short bus ride (which everyone uses) the cancun strip is a long 4 lane road and the bus is the easy way to go.

Take a day trip to Isla Muejueras rent a scooter and tour the island.

hogslobber

Quote from: ArmyHog on September 10, 2006, 10:04:55 pm
I stayed at the Moon Palace, 5 star resort about 10 miles from the strip. The are 6 restaurants and 3 pools, the beach is private (topless) and a pool that can be topless or not.

The beach at MoonPalace smells like an open sewer.

There are other places to stay with much better beach.

Made the mistake of booking this hotel.

Stayed on the grounds 30 minutes before requesting a transfer to a different property.

HogasaurusRex

Go to Cozumel.  Safer, cheaper and just as nice as CANNED COON!

bythelake

Go to Cozumel is right.  Lot better and cheaper.  Believe me, go to Cozumel.

bythelake

Been to Moon Palace, also requested to move after first night.  Deja Vu reading this thread.

B Ray

Thanks for all the advice ,we had gone on a cruise last year for New Years and loved it, we went to Cozumel..and loved it.. We have scrapped the Mexico trip and decide to hit New York for Thanksgiving..my wife has dreamed of going to Macy's parade since she was a kid.

proud2bpork

We liked the Fiesta Americana better than other places we've tried.  Very nice with a great pool.

Go all-inclusive.

Eat at Perico's in old-town Cancun.  It's a 15 minute bus ride and a 15 minute walk, but it's worth.  A funky, party place that's a lot of fun (for the family as well) and has good food.  Pronounced pa-REE-co's.

Have fun!!

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: B Ray on November 03, 2006, 09:41:55 pm
Thanks for all the advice ,we had gone on a cruise last year for New Years and loved it, we went to Cozumel..and loved it.. We have scrapped the Mexico trip and decide to hit New York for Thanksgiving..my wife has dreamed of going to Macy's parade since she was a kid.
Good for you B Ray. Y'all have a great time and it speaks volumes for your character that you value your wife's wishes and dreams.  The world needs more unselfish people!

hogsnorth

When your looking at the map of the hotel zone it resembles a 7.  The hotels located on the arm of the 7 have good waves for playing.  The hotels on the top of the 7 have no waves.  boogie boarding is great in the waves.  You can rent on the beach for about 5-10 bucks an hour.  We rent boards from a person named Vic.  He runs Cancun Valet.  I think they are online.  We rent the boards for $12 apiece for the week.  The Palace resorts in Cancun are still closed for remodeling.  The Barcelo Tucancun is not bad.  Any of the several Royal resorts are nice, but they are more like condos.  We ordered food and beverages for the week from Vic online and he delivered our stuff to the hotel.  Pericos is good.  El Pescador downtown is very good seafood.  Fiesta Americana Condesa is awesome. m Went there with Proud2bpork one year.  My favorite is the Cancun Palace, but it is closed until April.  Take a cheap Hog hat from Walmart $5.  I use freebees and other cheap stuff the trade with the vendors on the beach.  Their stuff is cheap, fake sunglasses,blankets and stuff I just like trading with them and then seeing them again the next year wearing alot of vikings and Twins hats(Hogsnorth, get it)  Have fun

B Ray

Quote from: HogasaurusRex on November 07, 2006, 11:59:44 pm
Quote from: B Ray on November 03, 2006, 09:41:55 pm
Good for you B Ray. Y'all have a great time and it speaks volumes for your character that you value your wife's wishes and dreams.  The world needs more unselfish people!
Talk about being unselfish, I'm giving up going to the LSU game, it was a tough decision...But I made the right one ..damn it  :-X

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////