Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hotels in Dallas

Started by Ash, April 08, 2013, 12:26:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Looking to take a long-weekend trip this summer with the family to Dallas. Hoping to hit up some places my 6 year old and 2.5 year old boys will like. Thinking maybe the zoo, aquarium, Legoland.

Anyone have a recommendation on hotels?

DLUXHOG

Try the Westin at the Galleria.... boys will love traipsing throught the galleria and its a nice hotel...  if it was just you and the wife I'd recommend Hotel ZaZa in Uptown.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Ash

Quote from: DLUXHOG on April 08, 2013, 11:27:24 pm
Try the Westin at the Galleria.... boys will love traipsing throught the galleria and its a nice hotel...  if it was just you and the wife I'd recommend Hotel ZaZa in Uptown.....

Thanks I will check it out. They would love the Galleria.

Tai_Mai_Shu

IMO, the Fort Worth Zoo is better than Dallas Zoo.  In Grapevine, there is a hotel call The Great Wolf Lodge that has a indoor waterpark I think the kids will love.

Tripod1

Quote from: Tai_Mai_Shu on April 16, 2013, 03:54:18 pm
IMO, the Fort Worth Zoo is better than Dallas Zoo.  In Grapevine, there is a hotel call The Great Wolf Lodge that has a indoor waterpark I think the kids will love.
My son took his family here and they had a wonderful time.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Tai_Mai_Shu on April 16, 2013, 03:54:18 pm

And Grapevine is in between Dallas and Ft Worth so going to either would be easy.  I would head over to the Ft Worth Zoo over Dallas and also there is Six Flags in Arlington.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Huckleberry Pig

definitely the Ft. Worth Zoo over the Dallas Zoo.  Fort Worth also has a neat arboretum that the kids might like.  Dallas aquarium is pretty neat though.  You could also take the kids to the brand new park that goes over the highway in Dallas (called Klyde Warren Park), think they would enjoy that as well.   

ImHogginIt

Dallas World Aquarium is great but it is hot in the Summer and don't go on a Saturday as it will be packed, hot and stuffy. Get there when it opens regardless of the day.

DeltaBoy

The Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine just right to go and visit places in Fort Worth or Dallas.  Also avoid the FWZoo on Wed and Fridays  Wed is dollar day and Friday is School / Daycare day.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.