Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stinky's Fish Camp now in Navarre, Florida

Started by Arkiehawg (kingfish0318), January 31, 2012, 08:24:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

For those that come down and vacation at Navarre Beach, Florida, you are in for a treat this year!  There is a new restaurant opening on Feb 2nd at Bull Run that brings the best in Creole/Cajun cooking to the area.  Stinky's Fish Camp.

We are blessed in SoWal to have Stinky's and they are opening their second restaurant in Navarre.  I've been to many, many LA restaurants and Stinky's is as good if not better than them.  The owners came to Florida after Katrina and brought their LA tradition with them.

Check them out when you visit....you won't regret it...just ask Boarcephus.... ;)
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

Tripod1

Navarre Beach every year for me and my wife.  Love NB.  Will certainly check out this new spot. 

Boarcephus

Quote from: Tripod1 on January 31, 2012, 11:26:48 am
Navarre Beach every year for me and my wife.  Love NB.  Will certainly check out this new spot. 

Check it out hell, go to it!!  ;)

That has become one of our favorite places to eat when we go to Sandestin.  Oyster Po boys are hard to beat and what we really like about their dishes is the sauces they put together to go with them. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

The original Stinky's is closed this week getting a facelift.  It will look a bit different when you come back down.  I'll try to post some pics with the remodel.

FYI...went there last Saturday night...food was excellent and the Apalachicola Oysters were amazing and the diameter of a baseball.....   I kid you not....just had to rub it in.. 8)
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

Boarcephus

Quote from: kingfish0318 on January 31, 2012, 03:11:51 pm
The original Stinky's is closed this week getting a facelift.  It will look a bit different when you come back down.  I'll try to post some pics with the remodel.

FYI...went there last Saturday night...food was excellent and the Apalachicola Oysters were amazing and the diameter of a baseball.....   I kid you not....just had to rub it in.. 8)

And you just did!  Prick...;)

You know Kingfish, I love where I live and won't leave but I'm envious as hell about your access to the fresh seafood.  I bought some big shrimp from Sexton's last time we were there and there is no comparison to how they clean compared to what I buy up here.   The oysters we get up here at Sam's comes from the west coast and are just not very good.  Matter of fact, bought them once and won't buy them again.

It is what it is, hope to be back in May and if we make it back, Stinky's here we come!!

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Tripod1

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 31, 2012, 02:53:16 pm

That has become one of our favorite places to eat when we go to Sandestin.  Oyster Po boys are hard to beat and what we really like about their dishes is the sauces they put together to go with them. 
Quote from: Boarcephus on January 31, 2012, 02:53:16 pm

Yes sir!! 

Boarcephus

Quote from: Tripod1 on February 01, 2012, 11:39:32 am
Yes sir!! 

LOL!!  Kingfish steered us that way a couple years ago and we love the place.  Sounds like a dive but it's far from it.  They have a chef on board who comes up with items like chipotle tartar sauce for the po'boys, their salads with their special dressings are good.   Been there probably 6-8 times and I've yet to order anything but the oyster po'boy and the oysters.  One other thing, it's not really expensive.  The po'boy's are huge and they run less than $10 with fries and the fries are great.  The interior design is neat, eclectic is a good word for it.  Just a good overall place to go.

We were there in October and went there 3 times for lunch.  Another good place is the Boathouse Oyster Bar.   Now this is a dive complete with dollar bills, bras and panties hanging from the rafters.

Tripod1

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 01, 2012, 06:37:11 pm
LOL!!  Kingfish steered us that way a couple years ago and we love the place.  Sounds like a dive but it's far from it.  They have a chef on board who comes up with items like chipotle tartar sauce for the po'boys, their salads with their special dressings are good.   Been there probably 6-8 times and I've yet to order anything but the oyster po'boy and the oysters.  One other thing, it's not really expensive.  The po'boy's are huge and they run less than $10 with fries and the fries are great.  The interior design is neat, eclectic is a good word for it.  Just a good overall place to go.

We were there in October and went there 3 times for lunch.  Another good place is the Boathouse Oyster Bar.   Now this is a dive complete with dollar bills, bras and panties hanging from the rafters.
I can't wait to get down there.  Love Navarre Beach and looks like I am going to love Stinky's.

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

February 11, 2012, 09:20:17 am #8 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:29:00 am by kingfish0318
Quote from: Boarcephus on January 31, 2012, 07:02:14 pm
And you just did!  Prick...;)

You know Kingfish, I love where I live and won't leave but I'm envious as hell about your access to the fresh seafood.  I bought some big shrimp from Sexton's last time we were there and there is no comparison to how they clean compared to what I buy up here.   The oysters we get up here at Sam's comes from the west coast and are just not very good.  Matter of fact, bought them once and won't buy them again.

It is what it is, hope to be back in May and if we make it back, Stinky's here we come!!

Just to make you miserable..  Went to lunch at Stinky's on Friday and had a dozen nekid' oysters, wife had the chowder and half oyster poboy and I had the buffalo shrimp poboy.....  The oysters were huge and so sweet.... 8)

Boarcephus

LOL you dick!!!   The wife goes in Tuesday for a knee replacement and if there's anyway she's recovered by the first of May, we're headed back and I promise I will run you down this trip.

Look at this Tripod1 and tell me you aren't itching to go there!  One more thing, this place is not pricey. 

Shag66

Those friggin oysters are huge...

Almost scary huge!  LOL

I'd tear that buffalo shrimp po boy UP!

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Quote from: Shag66 on February 12, 2012, 01:32:57 am
Those friggin oysters are huge...

Almost scary huge!  LOL

I'd tear that buffalo shrimp po boy UP!

They were ;D.  Come on down Shagg, I'll take you there....

Shag66

Quote from: kingfish0318 on February 12, 2012, 09:13:15 am
They were ;D.  Come on down Shagg, I'll take you there....

I'd love to!  Hopefully before too long I can at least sneak down for a few days!

Tripod1

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 11, 2012, 03:25:31 pm
LOL you dick!!!   The wife goes in Tuesday for a knee replacement and if there's anyway she's recovered by the first of May, we're headed back and I promise I will run you down this trip.

Look at this Tripod1 and tell me you aren't itching to go there!  One more thing, this place is not pricey. 
Cannot wait to get down there.  Wife is retiring at the end of the school year.  She would love to live down there but no doubt we will be making more than one trip per year now!

Boarcephus

Quote from: Tripod1 on February 13, 2012, 10:09:38 am
Cannot wait to get down there.  Wife is retiring at the end of the school year.  She would love to live down there but no doubt we will be making more than one trip per year now!

We've toyed with the idea of moving there as well but when you talk to the locals, they say the traffic is so bad in the summer it's just not worth it plus it's hotter than hell.  You can't get into the stores, restaurants or whatever.  When we retire in another 4-5 years we'll take a couple trips a year down there, probably in May and October.  Perfect times of the year.

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

February 13, 2012, 01:46:48 pm #15 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:53:31 pm by kingfish0318
Quote from: Boarcephus on February 13, 2012, 10:22:04 am
We've toyed with the idea of moving there as well but when you talk to the locals, they say the traffic is so bad in the summer it's just not worth it plus it's hotter than hell.  You can't get into the stores, restaurants or whatever.  When we retire in another 4-5 years we'll take a couple trips a year down there, probably in May and October.  Perfect times of the year.

Traffic is bad if you live in the Destin/Sandestin area during the summer.  We live on 30A(Blue Mtn. Beach) in SoWal and the traffic isn't bad, just stay away from the nightmare called Seaside.  Grocery Run is easy, you just know to go when the turdist aren't checking in....Restaurants, are a headache in the summer, be prepared to wait a bit.  Our beaches are still the best and not nearly as crowded as P-Cola, Destin, PCB in the summer.  FYI,,,,Destin is a lot like Branson regarding summer traffic.  The secret is that the locals know the backroads and avoid the majority of Hwy98....

BTW the traffic from SoWal to PCB is much less in the summer time and shopping is actually closer than going into Destin...

Temps not as bad as you think.  We lived 20+yrs in Fayettenam and your summers are much hotter with humidity just as bad.  We maintain a consistent 88-92 all summer long along the beach with nice breezes.  Go 30 miles north and it is like Hell as the temps get much higher with no breezes.  I don't think it has been over 98 degrees since we've been here.  Winters are usually in the 50-70s with an occasional drop at night in the low 30's upper 20's.  That happens about 7 days a year....rest of the time the evenings are usually in the 50's.  Nothing like being in shorts and flip flops in February... ;D

We vacationed here for years dreaming, wishing etc. and finally had the opportunity to move in 2003.  Best decision evah!   Nothing like seeing the GOM every day and knowing that you "don't have to go home tomorrow" because you live there....Take the plunge and join us...we need more Hogs down here to fight the Elephants, Tigers, Gators and Noles.... 8)

Shag66

My MiL used to live on Perdido Key right by the bridge.  They humidity would take some getting used to...  ;)

with teh snow flying up here today I'd just about hop in the truck now though and head south for a Po' Boy and a cold one...

razorshark

Quote from: kingfish0318 on February 13, 2012, 01:46:48 pm
Traffic is bad if you live in the Destin/Sandestin area during the summer.  We live on 30A(Blue Mtn. Beach) in SoWal and the traffic isn't bad, just stay away from the nightmare called Seaside.  Grocery Run is easy, you just know to go when the turdist aren't checking in....Restaurants, are a headache in the summer, be prepared to wait a bit.  Our beaches are still the best and not nearly as crowded as P-Cola, Destin, PCB in the summer.  FYI,,,,Destin is a lot like Branson regarding summer traffic.  The secret is that the locals know the backroads and avoid the majority of Hwy98....

BTW the traffic from SoWal to PCB is much less in the summer time and shopping is actually closer than going into Destin...

Temps not as bad as you think.  We lived 20+yrs in Fayettenam and your summers are much hotter with humidity just as bad.  We maintain a consistent 88-92 all summer long along the beach with nice breezes.  Go 30 miles north and it is like Hell as the temps get much higher with no breezes.  I don't think it has been over 98 degrees since we've been here.  Winters are usually in the 50-70s with an occasional drop at night in the low 30's upper 20's.  That happens about 7 days a year....rest of the time the evenings are usually in the 50's.  Nothing like being in shorts and flip flops in February... ;D

We vacationed here for years dreaming, wishing etc. and finally had the opportunity to move in 2003.  Best decision evah!   Nothing like seeing the GOM every day and knowing that you "don't have to go home tomorrow" because you live there....Take the plunge and join us...we need more Hogs down here to fight the Elephants, Tigers, Gators and Noles.... 8)

Do you have a house/condo on the beach or inland a bit?
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc30/razorshark50/Napalm.jpg~c100

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

I live in Blue Mtn Beach 1/4 mile inland from the beach.  Beach is about a 10 minute walk..... :D

Boarcephus

Quote from: kingfish0318 on February 14, 2012, 05:05:30 pm
1/4 mile inland from the beach.  Beach is about a 10 minute walk..... :D

That's a mile in 40 minutes....I call that "moseying" along!  ;)

Deb is doing great from her knee replacement today.  You may very well see my smiling face in May at Stinky's and we'll be hoofing it at better than a mile in 40 minute pace!!!

razorshark

Quote from: kingfish0318 on February 14, 2012, 05:05:30 pm
I live in Blue Mtn Beach 1/4 mile inland from the beach.  Beach is about a 10 minute walk..... :D

Thanks Kingfish, wife and I vacationed in Seacrest Beach and PCB the past two years and what you said was true about knowing how to get around.  We were thinking of maybe retiring down there during retirement (3-5 years).  I have been looking around for some condos (not necessarily on the beach unless I hit Powerball).   Its a great place.  Agree with you on the weather.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc30/razorshark50/Napalm.jpg~c100

Chief Mac

Quote from: kingfish0318 on January 31, 2012, 08:24:00 am
For those that come down and vacation at Navarre Beach, Florida, you are in for a treat this year!  There is a new restaurant opening on Feb 2nd at Bull Run that brings the best in Creole/Cajun cooking to the area.  Stinky's Fish Camp.

We are blessed in SoWal to have Stinky's and they are opening their second restaurant in Navarre.  I've been to many, many LA restaurants and Stinky's is as good if not better than them.  The owners came to Florida after Katrina and brought their LA tradition with them.

Check them out when you visit....you won't regret it...just ask Boarcephus.... ;)

Marie's Bistro on 30A is better ;)
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on March 05, 2012, 02:22:54 pm
Marie's Bistro on 30A is better ;)

Depends on what you are looking for....Marie's is great and we go there often.  We were there Saturday evening during the frog strangler storm and had great sushi and their spicey shrimp Marie.  The owners are super and the place has expanded with a super bar and entertainment.  They are very good at sushi, mediterranean and asian dishes at very reasonable rates.  For example.  We had 2 martinis, a bottle of sake, 4 sushi dishes and an appetizer and the total bill was $66 with tax... 

BTW...they now have belly dancer's  on weekends for you dirty old men...:)

But, for Gulf/LA style seafood, Stinky's is better and has a much larger selection.  The oysters at Stinkey's are hard to beat anywhere in SoWal.   

We HIGHLY recommend both Marie's Bistro and Stinky's for great food in our piece of paradise.

Chief Mac

Quote from: kingfish0318 on March 05, 2012, 04:18:48 pm
Depends on what you are looking for....Marie's is great and we go there often.  We were there Saturday evening during the frog strangler storm and had great sushi and their spicey shrimp Marie.  The owners are super and the place has expanded with a super bar and entertainment.  They are very good at sushi, mediterranean and asian dishes at very reasonable rates.  For example.  We had 2 martinis, a bottle of sake, 4 sushi dishes and an appetizer and the total bill was $66 with tax... 

BTW...they now have belly dancer's  on weekends for you dirty old men...:)

But, for Gulf/LA style seafood, Stinky's is better and has a much larger selection.  The oysters at Stinkey's are hard to beat anywhere in SoWal.   

We HIGHLY recommend both Marie's Bistro and Stinky's for great food in our piece of paradise.

My wife and I are regulars at Marie's!  We absolutely love the place and Hanni and Marie are super great!  My wife is a vegetarian and Marie ALWAYS makes her something special off the menu.  They are great!  We're going there this Saturday!

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Michael Porkleone

Headed to Seaside/WColor in Mid-June b

Can't freaking wait.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Chief Mac

You absolutely HAVE to go to First Note Music Hall if you like live music.  AWESOME music, atmosphere, and drinks!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/First-Note-Music-Hall/158685240867153

One of the guys that sings there every weekend was on the show "The Voice". 

micali

My pastor went to the one in Nacarre and said its amazing.  He also said for him, his wife and 3yr old it cost them $70! 
I may not eat there for that price. 

Boarcephus

May 30, 2012, 07:40:25 pm #27 Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:00:24 pm by Boarcephus
Quote from: micali on May 30, 2012, 06:25:34 pm
My pastor went to the one in Nacarre and said its amazing.  He also said for him, his wife and 3yr old it cost them $70! 
I may not eat there for that price. 

What did they order???

The oyster po'boys are around $10 and comes with fries, oysters are large and around $10 a dozen raw and and that is all one big eater can eat.   I'm sure they have a dinner menu and you can go as upscale as you want but for lunch, 2 people, you can live large on $40.

We head back in late October and Stinky's will be our second stop...Harbor Docks is our first.

razorbacker3

Ate at Stinky's last Sunday night. Bill was 70 bucks for 3. Mine was probably half the bill as I had the Crawfish pie, crabcake, and catfish m-something,(we called it manure) but it was delicious!
I loved the place but the wife likes the Shrimp Basket better.

trippigs

Tonight my wife and I enjoyed Stinky's in Santa Rosa Beach. Had Stinky stew and blackened mahi mahi. Both were good and I needed a bath after cracking crab legs.The place was packed on a weeknight. 

Tripod1

Went to Stinkys last night.  I had crawfish pie and the fish of the day which was grouper. Wife had oysters rockafeller and scallops. We both drank water.  Tab was 72.00. 4 medium scallops on her plate maybe 4 oz piece of fish on mine.  Taste ok but doubt we go back. 

Boarcephus

Quote from: Tripod1 on September 04, 2012, 02:49:02 pm
Went to Stinkys last night.  I had crawfish pie and the fish of the day which was grouper. Wife had oysters rockafeller and scallops. We both drank water.  Tab was 72.00. 4 medium scallops on her plate maybe 4 oz piece of fish on mine.  Taste ok but doubt we go back. 

Gosh, that seems like a lot of $$ to eat there.  Did you go at dinner?

As I said in an earlier post, we go at lunch and expect to drop around $40.   When we vacation, we eat what we want and we figure for lunch, be it at Harbor Docks, Stinky's or Boathouse Oyster Bar it'll run in the $30-40 range.  We'll hit Ocean Club once for dinner and that runs in the $50-60 range but it is nice.   $72 is more than what we're comfortable paying, especially for what you described.

We're headed back in October and I'm sure Stinky's will once again be on our list but we we'll eat lunch there.  I'll get the oyster po'boy, dozen oysters, Deb will get some kind of fish dish and we'll spend probably around $40 and be stuffed and ready for a nap when we're done.

Tripod1

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 04, 2012, 03:46:49 pm
Gosh, that seems like a lot of $$ to eat there.  Did you go at dinner?

As I said in an earlier post, we go at lunch and expect to drop around $40.   When we vacation, we eat what we want and we figure for lunch, be it at Harbor Docks, Stinky's or Boathouse Oyster Bar it'll run in the $30-40 range.  We'll hit Ocean Club once for dinner and that runs in the $50-60 range but it is nice.   $72 is more than what we're comfortable paying, especially for what you described.

We're headed back in October and I'm sure Stinky's will once again be on our list but we we'll eat lunch there.  I'll get the oyster po'boy, dozen oysters, Deb will get some kind of fish dish and we'll spend probably around $40 and be stuffed and ready for a nap when we're done.
Yes it was dinner.  Fish plate was 26 bucks, scallop plate was 24 bucks alone.  Sizes were very small.  No salad, no bread, no hushpuppies.  Small portion of rice with tomatoes on mine, small portion of mixed veggies on the wife's plate.  Won't be going back any time soon. 

Boarcephus

Quote from: Tripod1 on September 05, 2012, 08:41:10 am
Yes it was dinner.  Fish plate was 26 bucks, scallop plate was 24 bucks alone.  Sizes were very small.  No salad, no bread, no hushpuppies.  Small portion of rice with tomatoes on mine, small portion of mixed veggies on the wife's plate.  Won't be going back any time soon. 

Not for dinner anyway.  Man, you need to slip back over one day for lunch.  Much more reasonable and you'll get stuffed for around $40 or less.  Great po'boys, huge oysters, etc.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.