Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Affordable Condos in Destin

Started by ArmyHog, February 10, 2008, 10:58:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmyHog

Anybody know any affordable, nice condos on or near the beach in Destin. Probably need a one or two bedroom in July.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

DizzyHawgFan

Don't know what "affordable" is to you but...

I highly recommend this place... http://www.destinresorts.com/property.aspx?propertyid=26

Windancer - If you get the 2 bedroom, it is a 5th floor loft with a 2 bedrooms & bath upstairs & a full master bedroom/bath downstairs.  In room laundry, close to that Silver Sands outlet, walking distance to a Bruno's grocery, pool, hot tub, beach service is included in rate as is movie rentals, a round of golf or 2, a few more things I can't think of.

Boarcephus

Quote from: DizzyHawgFan on February 11, 2008, 10:47:55 am
Don't know what "affordable" is to you but...

I highly recommend this place... http://www.destinresorts.com/property.aspx?propertyid=26

Windancer - If you get the 2 bedroom, it is a 5th floor loft with a 2 bedrooms & bath upstairs & a full master bedroom/bath downstairs.  In room laundry, close to that Silver Sands outlet, walking distance to a Bruno's grocery, pool, hot tub, beach service is included in rate as is movie rentals, a round of golf or 2, a few more things I can't think of.

I'm not familiar with this certain property but I know about where it is and $1900 for a 2BR/2BA in July is pretty good.  I'm guessing it's close to the gulf but not on the gulf.   We don't go in July for a couple reasons...1) too darned hot, and 2) too darned many screaming kids that always seem to find a way to get close enough to scream in my ears.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DizzyHawgFan

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 13, 2008, 07:02:12 am
I'm not familiar with this certain property but I know about where it is and $1900 for a 2BR/2BA in July is pretty good.  I'm guessing it's close to the gulf but not on the gulf.   We don't go in July for a couple reasons...1) too darned hot, and 2) too darned many screaming kids that always seem to find a way to get close enough to scream in my ears.

Windancer is on the beach.  But yeah I agree about July being too freakin hot.  We go around Memorial Day, give or take a week. 

Boarcephus

Quote from: DizzyHawgFan on February 13, 2008, 09:50:03 am
Windancer is on the beach.  But yeah I agree about July being too freakin hot.  We go around Memorial Day, give or take a week. 

We've always gone in late April/early May and head back in early May this year.  School is still in session, the weather is perfect, and the crowds are still down.  Just a beautiful time of the year to go down plus the rates are a little cheaper. Went twice last year with the second time in early October but I think this year we'll head to a new place south of Cancun in October.  Never been to an all-inclusive place and can't wait to try it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

DizzyHawgFan

Boarcephus

I think ResortQuest is the old Abbott Realty we rented from when we started going 20+ years ago.   One good thing about them is they have a pretty wide range of properties to pick from.   

For my money, by far the best place to go is Sandestin.   Huge grounds to walk around, lakes are full of bass, grounds are will manicured.  Can't wait to head back.

Lanny

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 15, 2008, 07:39:41 pm
I think ResortQuest is the old Abbott Realty we rented from when we started going 20+ years ago.   One good thing about them is they have a pretty wide range of properties to pick from.  

For my money, by far the best place to go is Sandestin.   Huge grounds to walk around, lakes are full of bass, grounds are will manicured.  Can't wait to head back.

Correct.  Resort took over from Abbott
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Boarcephus

What's amazing is I can remember when Abbott built their new building between Destin and Sandestin and it was all by itself.  Stuck out in the middle of nowhere.  Now, you have to really be on the lookout for it or you'll pass right by. 

We've been going through Gingers Destin Connections for the last upteen years and couldn't be more pleased.

rainesone

Uncle_dad

My parents own a unit at Holiday Surf and Racquet.  It's a good location.

http://www.holidaysurf.com/

Their unit is number 308.  They rent it out when they're not using it.  You can contact the office there if you are interested.

Thanks!