Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#relive94

Started by Mick Hogger, April 03, 2014, 03:52:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Hogger

Anyone know what this is about?
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

The_Iceman

20th Anniversary of the win.

Wildhog

I just had a real big sad.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Danny J

Is this a ESPN thing or something? What channel?

Mick Hogger

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Fans are invited to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Arkansas' 76-72 triumph over Duke in the National Championship game on April 4, 1994, this Friday through the team's Twitter account @RazorbackMBB.

Friday will mark the official 20th anniversary of the win and @RazorbackMBB will go back in time to 1994 and provide updates on Twitter as if it was gameday at the Charlotte Coliseum. Fans are encouraged to send tweets of their memories, photos of them at the game or in Fayetteville during the game to @RazorbackMBB and utilize the hashtag #Relive94.

Leading up to the 8:20 p.m. CT tip with Jim Nantz and Billy Packer on the call, @RazorbackMBB will provide pre-game graphics heading into the third-ever matchup between arguably the two most successful college basketball programs of the 1990s. The 1994 national title game was the first of two straight championship game appearances for Arkansas under head coach Nolan Richardson while it was Duke's fourth over a five-year span under Mike Krzyzewski.

Just before the game gets underway, @RazorbackMBB will send out a link to YouTube for fans to view the game and it will provide in-game updates.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

The_Iceman

Here is a question for everyone, how would winning in 1995 have changed our program? I ask that because of this:

@SportsTalkwBo
Richardson: If we had won that second one, I think I could have gotten Corliss and Scotty to stick around for the three-peat.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Was living and working in Starkville MS with my girlfriend.  We had both graduated from the UofA in '92.  After the game I ran around the parking lot with my arms up hollering.  Then someone told me to shut up and put some pants on so I went back inside.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MikePiazza

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 04, 2014, 03:52:18 pm
Here is a question for everyone, how would winning in 1995 have changed our program? I ask that because of this:

@SportsTalkwBo
Richardson: If we had won that second one, I think I could have gotten Corliss and Scotty to stick around for the three-peat.

Oh, it would've changed things dramatically. I don't think the NCAA would've came after a program that had won back-to-back national titles. Losing to UCLA took a lot of the steam out, especially all of those players leaving.

And if Nolan had convinced Corliss and Scotty to stay and play with Kareem, Pat & Derek, along with Tank and Lee, it might've been another Final Four. They went to the S16 without them.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Professor Psychosis

I was in the 8th grade watching at home.  Just as time expired, my lifelong friend (still to this day) called me up and we spent the first 5 minutes on the phone just hollering excitedly before we could really manage to speak.

School was fun the next day.  It was all anybody talked about all day, teachers included.

Delicious~Dreams

I was a sophomore in College.   Everyone was screaming to the top of their lungs!   Wow....I'm getting old!!  Lol!! 

uncle bubs

I'm watching it now. We were mean in the post, and look nothing like we do right now in 2014. This 94 team rules. Big Nasty started the game on the wrong foot and just kept fighting.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

40MINSOFHELL

I've already relived it many times

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: MikePiazza on April 04, 2014, 04:55:37 pm
Oh, it would've changed things dramatically. I don't think the NCAA would've came after a program that had won back-to-back national titles. Losing to UCLA took a lot of the steam out, especially all of those players leaving.

And if Nolan had convinced Corliss and Scotty to stay and play with Kareem, Pat & Derek, along with Tank and Lee, it might've been another Final Four. They went to the S16 without them.

Throw Jesse Pate in that mix as well and that team would have been something.