Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$10 Ticket Night Produced the Largest Crowd of Season

Started by Hogtropolis™, December 28, 2011, 11:33:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

There were 10,800 on hand for tonight's game.

Friday is another $10 ticket night. I wonder if we'll have another 10k+ fans on hand again?

jry04

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 28, 2011, 11:33:13 pm

Friday is another $10 ticket night. I wonder if we'll have another 10k+ fans on hand again?
No idea, but I feel pretty confident that if we win our next two, making us 11-3, our game vs a top 25 MSU team on the 7th will be a pretty full crowd.

Mr. Cooper

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 21, 2011, 12:24:57 am
oh good...a poster with the word MILF in his avatar,  quoting scripture.
Quote from: ke2743 on March 07, 2011, 11:54:00 pm
Ok then, I'm going to need a vet, a priest, some rubber gloves and 3 gallons of boones farm.  Let's get this party started.

"Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it."

Danny J

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 29, 2011, 12:32:11 am
No idea, but I feel pretty confident that if we win our next two, making us 11-3, our game vs a top 25 MSU team on the 7th will be a pretty full crowd.
Yep...and good luck finding tickets for that one.

Remember the 08 season...beating OU and texas and then losing to ole miss...it all came tumbling down after that. Hopefully we can start the SEC season off with a top 25 home win...boost our confidence and then see what happens.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

razorbackSAX

Razorback88

The crowd was much, much better last night.  Hopefully they'll keep the promotion going into conference play.  It makes a difference on the court.

Adam Stokes

I wonder where the university draws the line on $$$ benefits bersus atmosphere benefits.  If the tickets were hypothetically, all say 25$, they on the whole would only need 4k in attendance to make the money they did from the 10k (minus the increase in concessions/parking etc.)

WhenPigsFly

December 29, 2011, 12:40:38 pm #8 Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:43:31 pm by WhenPigsFly
Quote from: ajs15razorman on December 29, 2011, 11:38:48 am
I wonder where the university draws the line on $$$ benefits bersus atmosphere benefits.  If the tickets were hypothetically, all say 25$, they on the whole would only need 4k in attendance to make the money they did from the 10k (minus the increase in concessions/parking etc.)

Not sure what you mean by this...

I'll guarantee you that most of us there last nite paid $25 per seat in the season ticket package.  And the UA doesn't charge for parking anywhere that I know of.  U of A parking is given to those who contribute a minimum amount to the Foundation and buy season tickets.

hog20

well for friday the tickets are $10 but there is a $10 order fee! so really $20 which is crazy. i have season tics but wanted to take a friends kids but i wont at 20 bucks when advertised at 10!!

idochog

They need to up the donation level for the bottom level & make all the upper levels $10
I love Jesus!

Break & Run

Quote from: hog20 on December 29, 2011, 04:06:37 pm
well for friday the tickets are $10 but there is a $10 order fee! so really $20 which is crazy. i have season tics but wanted to take a friends kids but i wont at 20 bucks when advertised at 10!!

They have a $10 processing fee online for any kind of ticket you buy.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

hog20

i guess so on the fee but i will take my chances on buying outside stadium.

elksnort

Why not serve beer?

Would this increase the crowds?

3kgthog

Gotta love the bullcrap processing fee.

We tried to tell Jeff tickets were too high during the Pelphrey era. He wouldn't listen. Now that they've dropped prices, look what's happening.

Woopig744

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 28, 2011, 11:33:13 pm

Are you sure tickets were $10 on Wednesday night? 

I went to the game, but bought tickets from a friend.  Before I bought tickets from my friend, I looked on arkansasrazorbacks.com and they were $25 per ticket. 

Regardless, I hope we pack BWA arena tomorrow night thereby sending a message that basketball ticket prices need to be reduced.  I bought 4.

jcam61

December 30, 2011, 01:07:48 am #16 Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:09:43 am by jcam61
Quote from: Woopig744 on December 29, 2011, 11:40:39 pm
Are you sure tickets were $10 on Wednesday night? 

I went to the game, but bought tickets from a friend.  Before I bought tickets from my friend, I looked on arkansasrazorbacks.com and they were $25 per ticket. 

Regardless, I hope we pack BWA arena tomorrow night thereby sending a message that basketball ticket prices need to be reduced.  I bought 4.

I heard there was some Black Friday special or something.  Not sure though.

I'll be there too.  Got my ticket for Christmas.

hog20

i need one for a friends kid for tonight. free or cheap. anyone?

Sueie

Quote from: hog20 on December 30, 2011, 07:56:42 am
i need one for a friends kid for tonight. free or cheap. anyone?

EMPTY YOUR INBOX.

Tell the kid to hang around the parking lot beside the outdoor track.  There will be a couple of "Leeches" trying to buy tickets for 5 dollars to re sale them for 25.  Tell the kid to kick them in the nuttsack and take their tickets.  If that does not work ask the ushers if they know where any turn back tickets are.  Most of the time they know a couple of people GIVING them away.

DO NOT BUY FROM THE GUYS IN THE PARKING LOT. 

Mick Hogger

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 29, 2011, 10:35:45 pm
Gotta love the bullcrap processing fee.

We tried to tell Jeff tickets were too high during the Pelphrey era. He wouldn't listen. Now that they've dropped prices, look what's happening.

Have you ever ordered tickets online before? There is NO ticketing done at any location without a processing fee. At least it's $10 per order and not $10 per ticket like Ticketmaster would stick you with.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

WPS2109

Mick Hogger

Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

hog20

Sueie

NOW check your PM box.

Tell the kid to enjoy the game and make some fricking noise.  ;D

Cresthog

WhenPigsFly

Hogtropolis™

The tickets for Wednesday's game were $10 on any level on the day after thanksgiving. I bought 10 for my extended family and I on that day for the 12/28 and 12/30 games. I for one loved taking advantage of the discounted tickets.

Ben Steiger

Heck, if you go down to the games, and hold up a finger, there's a lot of folks coming in who will give you tickets, or since they have extras, and would like to get some money for the tickets, will sell you tickets for $10 or $15. Especially in a nonconference game like tonight's, when our opponent isn't well known. With Michigan, or a SEC game, that might be a challenge, but with tonight's game, it should be easy.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

David Dykes

Pretty easy to get in free right now, and I'm not talking about sneaking into the bud 6 hours before the game and hiding in the bathroom stalls like we used to do in the early 90s

Pork Twain

Quote from: ajs15razorman on December 29, 2011, 11:38:48 am
I would think that they see the long-term benefit of cheaper tickets now.  You fill the seats and build a winning team and a winning attitude and then you can put the prices back to normal and the house will still be packed every game.  At this stage it is nothing more than an investment on the future.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Sueie

If you tell all your friends to quit selling them to the SCUMBAGS that hang out in the North parking lot and the FAT FRICKER who sits on a stool in front of Bud Walton buying up the tickets.  If they are going to sell to them for 5-10 dollars per ticket.  WHY wouldn't they sell to someone who ACTUALLY wants to go the game for the same price.

Some of our fans in possession of tickets are DUMB ASSES.

jcam61

Quote from: Sueie on December 30, 2011, 10:01:00 pm
If you tell all your friends to quit selling them to the SCUMBAGS that hang out in the North parking lot and the FAT FRICKER who sits on a stool in front of Bud Walton buying up the tickets.  If they are going to sell to them for 5-10 dollars per ticket.  WHY wouldn't they sell to someone who ACTUALLY wants to go the game for the same price.

Some of our fans in possession of tickets are DUMB ASSES.

Most people don't want to take the time to worry about it.  Most fans come with extra tickets thinking "if i can offload these for a few bucks then I came out pretty good.  I wasn't gonna use them anyway."  If there was a way to coordinate all this I'm sure that most people would opt to sell to the fans who actually want to attend.

Regardless, the point is that many fans don't know about these dealings.   If you could actually provide an in-depth sanctuary of what you know as far as scalping for games I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.  I know I was looking for a ticket tonight and my friend ended up giving some guy 20 bucks for one.   I was thinking he probly got screwed but not sure...? 

I've seen some of your posts talking about it and have attended several games but have rarely been in the position where I need to sell or buy tickets.

Sueie

December 31, 2011, 08:52:08 am #32 Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:03:00 am by Sueie
All the University has to do is to pass a NO LOITERING law and you stop the problem.  This way you do not have people running through the parking lot buying up all the tickets just to resale them.  IT IS NOT SCALPING if they buy them for 5 or 10 dollars from someone and resale them to you for 20-25.  AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT GETTING OVER THE TICKET PRICE.

Now let me tell you what these low life people do.  The exhibition games tickets were FREE if you bought the season ticket book.  It said right on the ticket price 0.00
They were getting those given to them in the parking lot and selling them to people for 20-25 a piece.  When I pointed out to people that the tickets were FREE they were quite upset but nothing they could do.  I sent a UAPD cop out there and the little person ran off.  They caught him over by Razorback road and took the tickets from him.  Next game the little person was back in the parking lot.  It seems pretty strange that the UofA can pass a law that you cannot take a dip of snuff on their property but you cannot pass a no loitering law.  All you have to do is stand in the North parking lot. The SAME little group will be there every game.  I was kind of hoping that one of the big time donors would accuse them of scratching their vehicle while running around through the parking lot and beat their face.

TO ALL OF YOU WHO READ THIS BOARD.  Check with the ushers BEFORE you buy tickets from these clowns.

Your friend would have saved $20.