Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"31" patch on '94 uniforms

Started by little pigee, March 24, 2011, 08:33:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

little pigee

I watched the title game on ESPN Classic (we won!!) but have forgotten what the patch represented.  Help please and Go Hogs!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

98hogs

187 MPH Lazers

Quote from: little pigee on March 24, 2011, 08:33:50 am
I watched the title game on ESPN Classic (we won!!) but have forgotten what the patch represented.  Help please and Go Hogs!

Roger Crawford was injured and out of the last few games in the tourney, 31 was his #.

razrken

Senior Roger Crwford was hurt and couldn't play they put his number on the uniform

Tejano Jawg

A player (a senior) who got hurt and missed the tournament games. Was his name Roger Crawford?

It was also the number of wins we had that year. Someone pointed that out when they put the patches on the uniforms late in the season...that the goal was to get 31.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Omahabound

Also, Nolan said if they won it would represent 31 wins for the season!

razorbrock

Crawford's number AND the number of victories required for championship per Nolan in an interview
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.