Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Arkansas connection"

Started by mtnmusic, March 16, 2011, 01:00:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mtnmusic

There's a lot of buzz about MA because he has an "Arkansas connection". That's well and good but we seem to have the mindset that a top coach won't consider us unless he's somehow "connected" to the UofA. I think we need to shoot higher than that, otherwise bring in Sean Sutton, Corliss Williamson or Alvin Robertson or the like.

What bugs me the most is that we at Arkansas seem to savor being "close at the finish" and thinking about "what might have been" (ala TCTWF) rather than kicking a--and taking no prisoners. I don't want to hire some guy willing to accept the job because he either needs work or has some sort of "connection" to the hogs. I want a winner like CBP with fire in his veins and smoke blowing out his ears who's willing to take us along on his ride to the final four every year whether "connected" or not.

Smite away, Dudes! 

Ftsmithmike

MA didn't have an Oregon connection and he spurned their open check book to remain at Mizzou.

It's not a matter of whether or not Arkansas would consider the connection in offering it's a matter of would one of the top ten coaches in the country leave his position for Arkansas based on those connections.

He is a hit commodity in the coaching world. What is it with Arkansas fans who think we might be able to land an unemployed coach if we are lucky but if not we might have to settle for one who will be at the top of every list of coaching searches for any school in the country not named Arkansas.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."