Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$1.2 million per year, 4 SEC road wins in his tenure...

Started by Arkapigdiesel, January 14, 2011, 02:54:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkapigdiesel

Are you serious.  How is this clown still here?  $1.2 mill per year.  Think about that.  This clown that should be coaching Southwest Jr. High in Springdale is making $1.2 mill. per year.  Unbelievable.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

The_Truth

Lando Calrissian

Southwest Jr High has a GREAT coach.   He's way better than Pelphery.   This is not sarcasm, either.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 14, 2011, 03:10:56 pm
Southwest Jr High has a GREAT coach.   He's way better than Pelphery.   This is not sarcasm, either.
I know.  I feel bad for bad mouthing my Jr High alma mater like that.  Point is, Pel is atrocious and should be in a Jr High gym somewhere out there.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

vandybuff

Don't blame the coach but rather the person/committee who hires and retains him and those who continue to support a program they do not like.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

vandybuff

btw, i thought he made about $800,000 .. is he at $1.2million?  if so he passed the Vandy coach.

nextlevel

At 1.2 million total compensation, breaks down to:

Year one: $52,173.91 per win, $34,285.71 per game

Year two: $85,714.29 per win, $40,000 per game

Year three: $85,714.29 per win,  $37,500 per game

If my arithmetic is correct...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

vandybuff

Quote from: nextlevel on January 14, 2011, 03:39:58 pm
At 1.2 million total compensation, breaks down to:

Year one: $52,173.91 per win, $34,285.71 per game

Year two: $85,714.29 per win, $40,000 per game

Year three: $85,714.29 per win,  $37,500 per game

If my arithmetic is correct...

geez, maybe he can be suspended without pay like Pearl :)

hogfan98

Quote from: vandybuff on January 14, 2011, 03:23:28 pm
btw, i thought he made about $800,000 .. is he at $1.2million?  if so he passed the Vandy coach.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 1.2 million include incentives?  If so, I'd say he's closer to 800k since he's no where close to hitting any of those.

nextlevel

Quote from: vandybuff on January 14, 2011, 03:41:42 pm
geez, maybe he can be suspended without pay like Pearl :)

LOL

Quote from: vandybuff on January 14, 2011, 03:23:28 pm

The $795,000 number is his base salary, why it is the only number that is reported in the media when talking about his salary is anyone's guess.

His total compensation comes out to be 1.2 million per year.

His contract expires in 2014.

Bobby Petino's base salary is still the same at 1.9 million as it was in the old contract, but the total compensation has increased from 2.7 to 3.56 million. You never hear his base salary used in articles as being his salary.

Tubby Smith's base salary is $600,000, but his annual compensation is $3.3 million.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: hogfan98 on January 14, 2011, 03:48:34 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 1.2 million include incentives?  If so, I'd say he's closer to 800k since he's no where close to hitting any of those.

No, the 1.2 million would include money paid to him via his radio and tv shows, summer basketball camps, etc. It would not include any performance based bonuses that he will never earn.

ell oh ell

vandybuff

Quote from: nextlevel on January 14, 2011, 03:52:28 pm
LOL

The $795,000 number is his base salary, why it is the only number that is reported in the media when talking about his salary is anyone's guess.

His total compensation comes out to be 1.2 million per year.

His contract expires in 2014.

Bobby Petino's base salary is still the same at 1.9 million as it was in the old contract, but the total compensation has increased from 2.7 to 3.56 million. You never hear his base salary used in articles as being his salary.

Tubby Smith's base salary is $600,000, but his annual compensation is $3.3 million.

with utmost respect, while I do not begrudge their salaries, it is all 'way too much' imo.

Marshfieldhog

Long probably built in a bonus for making the nit, long has no guts to fire pel

98hogs

PoormansRobbyHampton

It's about time to get this man a raise I think. He's certainly earned it. We'll be finishing in the top tier of the West by 2017, book it. He may even have us playing that national title contender UAB close by then too. Things are happening under Pelphrey.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on January 15, 2011, 03:45:58 am
It's about time to get this man a raise I think. He's certainly earned it. We'll be finishing in the top tier of the West by 2017, book it. He may even have us playing that national title contender UAB close by then too. Things are happening under Pelphrey.
Nope, we will be too young and inexperienced in 2017. But the 2018 class is supposed to be dynamite.

Sally

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 14, 2011, 03:10:56 pm
Southwest Jr High has a GREAT coach.   He's way better than Pelphery.   This is not sarcasm, either.
Steve Price is twice the coach Pelphery ever thought about being.

Got a pretty good group this year. Another regional title on the way.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on January 15, 2011, 03:57:53 am
Nope, we will be too young and inexperienced in 2017. But the 2018 class is supposed to be dynamite.

Pelly's already in on them, if we fired him now, it would undo all of that. We should just ride it out with him and if he can't make the tournament when the 2018 kids are sophomores, we may have him fire an assistant to show we mean business.

BossHog13

$1.2 million for this CRAP coaching ... Highway Robbery!!!

Sir Oinksalot

He is an overachiever with great job retention skills...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

nwarazfan

Pelphrey wasn't missing the short open jumpers or layups vs LSU in the first half.