Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Coach O, that's my man. I love talking to him." - Adonis Thomas

Started by Hogger, April 23, 2010, 07:23:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogger

So is Coach Ostrum a detriment to the Hogs or is he an asset?  Anecdotal evidence, I know, but it seems to me by this comment on the Shawn and Wally show he's an asset in recruiting.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hoophawg

Ostrum was also instrumental in the recruiting of the 5 guys that left from Rotnei's class.

Hogger

Quote from: hoophawg on April 23, 2010, 07:30:09 pm
Ostrum was also instrumental in the recruiting of the 5 guys that left from Rotnei's class.
It seems like he is good at developing relationships.  I doubt he is making talent/character evaluations alone.

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

jesterzzn

Cause an unhappy Stefan Welsh was the reason we sucked, amirite?

Ostrum is the scapegoat round here at the moment, and he has done some crap that is definately questionable.  But other than a few posters that hate his guts, I have no idea if he's as bad as some people think.

He definately missed on several recruits in the past couple classes though.  No getting around that.

nextlevel

Quote from: jesterzzn on April 23, 2010, 07:50:26 pm
Cause an unhappy Stefan Welsh was the reason we sucked, amirite?

Huh? All the players just love Ostrum.

Quote from: jesterzzn on April 23, 2010, 07:50:26 pmOstrum is the scapegoat round here at the moment, and he has done some crap that is definately questionable.  But other than a few posters that hate his guts, I have no idea if he's as bad as some people think.

Ostrum is thought of as one of the top assistant coaches in D1 because of his deep AAU connections. You would be shocked at the job offers he has turned down, shocked. He could easily be head coach right now, but he is committed to helping rebuild Razorback Basketball "the right way".

Quote from: jesterzzn on April 23, 2010, 07:50:26 pmHe definately missed on several recruits in the past couple classes though.  No getting around that.

He didn't miss, he only accepts commitments from the best that are the "right kind person". Character is right next too talent in this staff's evaluations.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

jesterzzn

And there you have it Hogger, the reason why serious posts and questions in this forum are less than worthless.  These guys simply have too sharp a mind for satire.  I have nothing for nextlevel, he is just too original and funny.

Spider-Pig

What does Ostrum do?
Is he the coach with all the recruiting ties?
Is he the x's and o's type of coach?

I have my opinions on these, but I'm wondering what others thing

Hogger

Quote from: jesterzzn on April 23, 2010, 08:08:22 pm
And there you have it Hogger, the reason why serious posts and questions in this forum are less than worthless.  These guys simply have too sharp a mind for satire.  I have nothing for nextlevel, he is just too original and funny.

I've been a part of Hogville since before the current ybbase format.  I thoroughly understand the lack of objectiveness and intense apathy in Jump Ball.  I can even sympathize on a certain level.  Doesn't deter me though.

razorhead94

Give me a break.  Ostrom has caused more problems to this university than anybody knows.  Gets into a fight with welsh.  Is not on a friendly basis with a top 15 recruit from inside the state and is handicapping our program bc pel is so in love with him.

Oh and by the way, we have no shot at Thomas.  Face it folks we can't even get a JUCO player that the staff has been on for two years.  Thomas is memphis, kansas, or kentucky bound.  Just face it.  The only reason why we're even listed in his school's list is because we have shown him a lot of love.  Its going to be a "well the coaches at arkansas were great but I felt more comfortable with (fill in the blank) school.  Just accept it already.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

3kgthog

Spider-Pig

Quote from: razorhead94 on April 23, 2010, 08:17:08 pm
Give me a break.  Ostrom has caused more problems to this university than anybody knows.  Gets into a fight with welsh.  Is not on a friendly basis with a top 15 recruit from inside the state and is handicapping our program bc pel is so in love with him.

Oh and by the way, we have no shot at Thomas.  Face it folks we can't even get a JUCO player that the staff has been on for two years.  Thomas is memphis, kansas, or kentucky bound.  Just face it.  The only reason why we're even listed in his school's list is because we have shown him a lot of love.  Its going to be a "well the coaches at arkansas were great but I felt more comfortable with (fill in the blank) school.  Just accept it already.

Or unc if they offer

Im not counting on getting AT

HogBreath

Quote from: Spider-Pig on April 23, 2010, 08:10:32 pm

Is he the x's and o's type of coach?

Uh. . ... duh ....  I ... uh, don't think we have an x's & o's coach.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

nextlevel

Quote from: HogBreath on April 23, 2010, 08:42:43 pm
Uh. . ... duh ....  I ... uh, don't think we have an x's & o's coach.

Yes we do.

Sincerely,

Coach Ostrum XoXo

P.S. BFF

ell oh ell

Marshfieldhog

SunshinePumper

Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

3BoarsDown

Adonis is only hoping his AAU coach is hired as our new assistant which may happen.

HogCzar1

We shall see how much Adonis loves Coach O when it comes to signing day.

My sources still tell me that there is a near zero chance with this kid. He does love the publicity. He is most likely to sign with Memphis, or a top program such as Kentucky, UNC, or Kansas.

heathtits

Yeah Ostrom sure killed it with Ratliffe.

How pathetic is it you've been the top assistant and recruiting coordinator at a big school like Arkansas for three years and people still don't even attempt to spell your name correctly.

No one who blinks that much will ever sign a top 20 blue chip talent. You just can't be taken seriously when you try to breath out of your eyes.

hoophawg

Ostrum could F up a wet dream. As long as he's on staff, Pel's job is in jeopardy.If we are going to hire an AAU coach to get one guy, why not hire Ron Crawford and get all the Wings players? Fire Ostrum Coach Pelphrey if you want to survive another season, IMO.

The Boar War

Quote from: Hogger on April 23, 2010, 07:23:20 pm
So is Coach Ostrum a detriment to the Hogs or is he an asset?  Anecdotal evidence, I know, but it seems to me by this comment on the Shawn and Wally show he's an asset in recruiting.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Until Ostrum closes on a big time recruit the speculation will continue.  We've "been in on" enough guys to fill a football roster.  However when it comes closer to signing day the big time players are nowhere to be found.  I believe that Ostrum is probably a nice enough guy to talk to but when the recruits start looking for coaches to coach them to the NBA they begin to see what a majority of hog fans see. 

nextlevel

Quote from: The Boar War on April 24, 2010, 10:04:53 pm
Until Ostrum closes on a big time recruit the speculation will continue.  We've "been in on" enough guys to fill a football roster.  However when it comes closer to signing day the big time players are nowhere to be found.  I believe that Ostrum is probably a nice enough guy to talk to but when the recruits start looking for coaches to coach them to the NBA they begin to see what a majority of hog fans see. 

To be fair, they haven't just "been in on" enough guys to fill a football roster, they've signed enough these past 4 years.

ell oh ell

The Boar War

Quote from: nextlevel on April 25, 2010, 01:37:19 am
To be fair, they haven't just "been in on" enough guys to fill a football roster, they've signed enough these past 4 years.

Good point.

dhornjr1