Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"All these teams could be back in NCAA action, and the Razorbacks, too..."

Started by StoernerJonesFan, March 26, 2010, 11:57:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

StoernerJonesFan

"...depending on the next few weeks."

-Wally Hall's article today about returning teams to the NCAA tournament next year.

We have all pretty much accepted that Pel is probably back next year...so why is Wally teasing something that is even less likely (coaching change) than winning the lottery?

Does he know something we dont or just trying to get more readers?

Didnt see this posted anywhere else...sorry if its a repeat.

N HOG

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on March 26, 2010, 11:57:29 am
"...depending on the next few weeks."

-Wally Hall's article today about returning teams to the NCAA tournament next year.

We have all pretty much accepted that Pel is probably back next year...so why is Wally teasing something that is even less likely (coaching change) than winning the lottery?

Does he know something we dont or just trying to get more readers?

Didnt see this posted anywhere else...sorry if its a repeat.

I noticed it too and wondered what it meant.

Maybe he does know something.

Or maybe he is referring to recruiting.

But, whatever, it was in interesting tidbit.

The Hogfather

Is Fortson going to be back?  Does Ratliffe sign with the Hogs?  McCombs?  Jack?  Someone else?  None of them?  Who do we add as the 3rd assistant?  Etc, Etc, Etc.

N HOG

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 26, 2010, 12:03:26 pm
Is Fortson going to be back?  Does Ratliffe sign with the Hogs?  McCombs?  Jack?  Someone else?  None of them?  Who do we add as the 3rd assistant?  Etc, Etc, Etc.

Do we get a REAL head coach? Etc., Etc.

StoernerJonesFan

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 26, 2010, 12:03:26 pm

I didnt think about it from that angle.  That could very well be it.

But wouldnt he elaborate a little more if it were something that simple (recruiting, assts, etc)?

Im really not trying to dig and grasp for certain scenarios...this little tidbit, just really got me interested. 

I hope I'm wrong and it does mean something along the lines of a last push for coaching change, but as of now, I've given up and accepted the fact that Pel is here next year.

mmhogs17

cardinalandwhite

The Spring signing period is in the next few weeks and the Hogs are looking to land a JUCO whom many say will be one and done.

I wish it were a coaching change too, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it at this point.  It looks like Long withstood the onslaught and won, at least for now.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

GiantFoamFingerMak

This is Wally's "inuendo" sort of way to start setting expectations for next year that will put pressure on teh coach.

He doesn't know anything.
Definition of HDN:  "College football's most aptly-surnamed sideline stalker twitches and fidgets like a snake-handling minister preaching a revival in a circus tent by the river while taking crystal meth and being jabbed in the backside by a cattle prod."

mmhogs17

It could be anything because Pel's buyout drops alot after April 7th. So who knows.

nextlevel

Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 26, 2010, 12:57:55 pm
It could be anything because Pel's buyout drops alot after April 7th. So who knows.

Or it could be that the second signing day is next month.

If Ratliff is signed and someone else besides Fortson is made to leave to make room, prepare yourself to see what it would have been like for Malone and Stockton to be suited up in Cardinal and White!
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

cobra kai

i havent read the article, but is he maybe talking about the ncaa tourney expansion that has been rumored?

Filthy_McSwine

Wally can't find his ass with both hands.  I wouldn't attempt to read much into anything he has to say.

HotlantaHog

Wally is the ``canary in the coal mine.'' He is certainly absolutely mandatory reading.

It's great news that he is even hinting that something is going on.

Ransom

We could possibly be in the tourney next year. I mean, look at how bad the SEC West was altogether this year. We have a legit shot at doing pretty well

Hot_Town_Hog

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

The real Hogules

Considering the Elf said that  "All these teams could be back in NCAA action, and the Razorbacks, too..." I highly doubt that a John Pelphery firing would have a ripple effect throughout college basketball, but hey, who knows maybe it would.

He's more than likely talking about the early signing period, although I wish he were referring to the removal of the basketball coaching staff that is in waaaaaaaaay over their collective heads.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

pigmailyen

Quote from: HotlantaHog on March 26, 2010, 05:27:43 pm
Wally is the ``canary in the coal mine.'' He is certainly absolutely mandatory reading.

It's great news that he is even hinting that something is going on.

We shouldn't need a canary.  When is the "media" in this state going to grow a pair and be JOURNALists instead of bird**** about all things Razorback?

mmhogs17