Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anybody see players giving Heath some lip last night?

Started by HogDodging, January 12, 2006, 02:04:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogDodging

From where I was seated in the northwest corner in the lower deck of BWA, what goes on with the bench is hard to see.  I just heard from someone who went to the game (a former Hog BB player) that said he saw several players back-talking Heath last night.
Did anybody else see that?  I know Heath is a nice guy and all, but would he allow something like that to happen?
Nolan would have peeled their faces off right then and there if they sassed him.

MBAHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 12, 2006, 02:04:32 pm
From where I was seated in the northwest corner in the lower deck of BWA, what goes on with the bench is hard to see. I just heard from someone who went to the game (a former Hog BB player) that said he saw several players back-talking Heath last night.
Did anybody else see that? I know Heath is a nice guy and all, but would he allow something like that to happen?
Nolan would have peeled their faces off right then and there if they sassed him.

I never saw that, but during the full timeouts, they could have done that without everyone seeing.  All I saw was Stan not knowing who he was going to sub in and out.

Hogs4Ever

HOGLUVIN

I will eat my crow... I said 15000 max.....

Consider crow eaten.

Hogluvin

Hog in MO

Quote from: MBAHog on January 12, 2006, 02:06:53 pm
From where I was seated in the northwest corner in the lower deck of BWA, what goes on with the bench is hard to see. I just heard from someone who went to the game (a former Hog BB player) that said he saw several players back-talking Heath last night.
Did anybody else see that? I know Heath is a nice guy and all, but would he allow something like that to happen?

I never saw that, but during the full timeouts, they could have done that without everyone seeing. All I saw was Stan not knowing who he was going to sub in and out.

Agreed, the team looked totally confused the last minute of the game.  They didn't know what to do and Heath didn't appear to be giving them many clues.  We did'nt LOSE that game in the last couple minutes, we lost it in the first 8 mintues of the second half when we couldn't hit our a$$ with both hands and were passing the ball into the 3rd row.  But still - just ONCE - I want to see this team look like it is prepared to handle a "down the stretch" situation. We've had countless games like this since Heath has been here - I can think of ONE that we have pulled out (KU in Maui).  IMO, this one is on Stan.

HOGLUVIN

good point on the subs. at one time, there was 3-4 players at the same time that didn't know who was in our out.

does any of that fall on the assistant's?

hogfankb

Quote from: MikeThrel on January 12, 2006, 02:45:04 pm
Quote from: Hogs4Ever on January 12, 2006, 02:20:52 pm
What was the attendance?

18,000+ they said on the radio.

No way. Not saying you are wrong but i can't believe that is right. Sounds like someone is exagerating.

RoboRazor

Quote from: hogfankb on January 12, 2006, 03:25:24 pm
What was the attendance?

No way. Not saying you are wrong but i can't believe that is right. Sounds like someone is exagerating.

Leave it to Rick Shaeffer (SHILLfer) to make an exaggerated estimate like that

Calvin N Hawgs

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on January 12, 2006, 03:24:15 pm
good point on the subs. at one time, there was 3-4 players at the same time that didn't know who was in our out.

does any of that fall on the assistant's?

I saw that too.  Near the end of the game I think it was Townes and Jefferson checked in and only one player went to the bench.  Ferguson went over to Heath and said something and then Jefferson went back to the bench.  It was really embarrassing!  BTW in my estimation the attendance figures were pretty accurate, there were 18+ easy.

karma26

What was the attendance?

i wouldn't be surprised at that number. the place pretty much filled up at one point.

hoginator

I wasn't there, but a friend of mine was and said he saw something a little weird. He mentioned that during one of the time-outs the players were congregated together with no coach and the coaches were congregated together with no players.
Did anyone else notice that?
Why would the coaches not be talking to the players, giving direction, etc. during a time-out?
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Hog in MO

What was the attendance?

only empty seats i noticed were in the upper deck where i was sitting and that was just around the very top few rows.   I'd say 18K is accurate.

HOGLUVIN

trying to come up with a decent one liner as to why we are a great team.... 0-2 in SEC.

"Just a shot or two away"
"We're real Close"
" Just 10 pts from being undefeated"

.... yeah and Custer was just one battle away from not being dead.

hogfankb

It was my first game to go to this year. But i have been a season ticket holder for 5 years now. I didn't really think it was that full. I got there 10 minutes before tipoff. Sat in the student section about midway up. And when i sat down there wasn't any behind me. Maybe i just didn't notice once the game got going.

WILL CLINTON

Only one thing wrong with this post.  Not one, ever, of Nolan's players would have sassed him.  If they had that would have been their 2nd mistake, their 1st would have been thinking they could.  Nolan DEMANDED respect, Heath wants it. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HogDodging

Quote from: dubyacee on January 12, 2006, 03:51:25 pm

Only one thing wrong with this post. Not one, ever, of Nolan's players would have sassed him. If they had that would have been their 2nd mistake, their 1st would have been thinking they could. Nolan DEMANDED respect, Heath wants it.

I understand what you're saying, but I said the same thing about Nolan, only in different terms.  No way would one of Nolan's players have argued with him in practice, much less during a conference game.  That's what I meant when I said Nolan would have peeled their faces off if they had talked back to him.

WILL CLINTON

Yeah, I understand, I guess I was just trying to drive the point home that there really isn't even an if, it just plain wouldn't have happened.  could you even imagine that happening?  I mean, they would have had to stop the game and issue technical fouls to people on the same team for fighting.  I also never saw a Nolan coached team have blowups with each other during the game.  I have personally seen one this year with Brewer and Townes....Heath needs to learn this is the south, we do thangs a little diffrn'tly
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.