Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nate Allen: O-line tinkering to help Hogs scale bumps

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 29, 2016, 05:55:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Nate Allen writes about Coach Anderson's reasoning behind the shuffling of the O-Line during the spring and fall camps and how it will pay dividends to the Hogs throughout the season.

Junior Frank Ragnow, versatile himself as the current starting center and last year's starting right guard, cut to the chase of Raulerson's versatility. "I think his goal coming into camp was being the Swiss Army knife and he's proven that," Ragnow said. "He can play center, right guard and right tackle, and he has consistently been in Coach Anderson's offensive line."

Even Skipper, the Razorbacks' lone preseason SEC first-teamer as selected by coaches, was kept on the move practicing at both tackle spots and guard in the early preseason.

Anderson said he wants the linemen to play with confidence without thinking they can't be replaced. "I don't want this competition to end," Anderson said. "Because it brings out the best in them. One of the toughest things offensive linemenwise is to battle against complacency. I want them to feel as soon as you get complacent, someone is going to pass you by."

More inside:
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/aug/29/o-line-tinkering-to-help-hogs-scale-bum/

Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

This is a good Coach we got working the O line.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.