Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got a surprise from my wife today......:

Started by hogz11, August 27, 2016, 09:46:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

August 27, 2016, 09:46:31 pm Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:16:51 pm by hogz11
So I got a surprise party thrown for my 30th birthday and we've got 50 yard line front row tickets to La Tech for the opening game. Section 114 Row A. I found online where I guess Rows A & B are seats with backs. I've never sat that close at any game as I'm just a normal blue collar commoner usually in the 500's sections. Thought it was cool enough to post. If anyone has ever say that close, let me know what to expect.

KlubhouseKonnected

I have never sat that far away from the action... 

;-) your guess is as good as mine
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Sed76

I sat in row 4 last year for the Auburn game and it was great. It was nice to be so close to the field. You can see the entire field better sitting up high but being close is wonderful.

snoblind

If we were playing for an Orange Bowl bid I recommend sneaking in a hard hat.  Since we aren't you should be good.  Funniest thing I've ever witnessed in 50 plus years of Fayetteville games happened at that SMU game back in 77 when we were a row or two back from where you are sitting.

ricepig

Quote from: snoblind on August 27, 2016, 11:46:46 pm
If we were playing for an Orange Bowl bid I recommend sneaking in a hard hat.  Since we aren't you should be good.  Funniest thing I've ever witnessed in 50 plus years of Fayetteville games happened at that SMU game back in 77 when we were a row or two back from where you are sitting.

Yeah, we threw a few oranges from the student section that day......

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: hogz11 on August 27, 2016, 09:46:31 pm
So I got a surprise party thrown for my 30th birthday and we've got 50 yard line front row tickets to La Tech for the opening game. Section 114 Row A. I found online where I guess Rows A & B are seats with backs. I've never sat that close at any game as I'm just a normal blue collar commoner usually in the 500's sections. Thought it was cool enough to post. If anyone has ever say that close, let me know what to expect.

It's a different experience. I sit in 113 11 rows up. You'll hear the action and since you will be behind La Tech's bench, you will get to hear hog fans hazing the opposition. Some of the things these fans come up with is pretty damn funny.   

trashcan maN

I sat pretty close against Nicholls State. A few rows higher. You'll get to see the position coaches pulling their guys together and coaching them up. I saw Dan Skipper walk to the sideline and make a slight hand gesture and some youngster scurried out of his seat so Big Dan could plop down. You'll love it. Have a good time!

Also, I sat next to Kevin Richardson's family before anyone knew his name. I think that was the first game he got PT in.

HOGS82

Two best seats I've had at an Arkansas football game were this year's Liberty Bowl in which I was seated in row 8 on the 30 yard line and [CENSORED] student section in 2010 vs LSU in Little Rock. Both were awesome experiences.

However, I enjoy the upper deck as well. Doesn't really matter to me as long as I'm there.

Now I live much too far to make it to many games these days. Made it to UTEP, Tennessee, and Kansas State last year. Looking to make it to LSU and Auburn this year (Jordan-Hare is about a 6.5 hour drive for us).
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogz11 on August 27, 2016, 09:46:31 pm

We sat in that area of the infamous first SEC win against LSU. We were right above the "chair back" seats on the 40 yard line. AMAZING seats. Someone let us get them for 35 a piece too. The wife and I had an amazing time.

You'll have a great time.

I love the nose bleeds seats at DWRRS. Especially when you can rest your back against the fence at the top. One of my favorites but I have to admit that those seats we had at that LSU game was awesome.

jjdlc

I've been a season ticket holder since I graduated from the UofA in the late 90s, somehow I got lucky, and my 3rd season, my tickets were upgraded.  They aren't mid field, Im located smack on the goal line of the north end zone, but I'm only 30 rows up.  Pretty good seats for a poor boy like me.