Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Ty get in the game?

Started by Lake City Hog, August 27, 2016, 12:04:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake City Hog

How many of you think that Storey gets any PT? Does he get any more than 1 minute of mop up duty?
What is your preference?(If the score is out of hand)

Last year we had 4 "blow-outs", 5 if you count the Bowl Game.
Game 1 UTEP--- We're up 32 at the start of the 4th quarter, AA gets in at the 9:58 mark. Runs 10 plays 0-2 passing.
Game 8 UT Martin---We're up by 35 at the start of the 4th, AA gets in at the 14:16 mark. 1-1 for a TD. Runs about a dozen plays.
Game 10 LSU---We're up 24-14 at the start of the 4th, AA gets no reps.
Game 12Missouri---We're up 25 at the start of the 4th, AA gets in at :10 for a kneel down.
Bowl KSU---We're up 31-23 at the start of the 4th, AA gets no reps.

Now, LSU was fairly close at the start of the 4th quarter, but the game was pretty much "in-hand" and I don't think that any of us were too worried at the start of the 4th in the Bowl Game. Did AA get enough reps? Too many? Or about right?

Based on that history how do you think reps will go this year? Will Enos try to get AA more reps to better prepare for the rest of the season or does he try to get Storey some game experience just in case he is needed?

#1, I hope that we are in a position to have to make that decision.
#2, I hope that Storey gets at least a handful of snaps at every opportunity.

How many of you remember Lou's deal of playing the 2nd unit on the second series of the game? I thought that it was GREAT! Put those guys in the game at a time when it mattered, let them feel real game pressure and more than that show them just how much confidence that the HC has in their ability.

trashcan maN

Should be able to plug in Ty around the same mark we plugged in AA last year. I expect him to get 2 or 3 series.

LJHOG

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 27, 2016, 12:09:43 pm
Should be able to plug in Ty around the same mark we plugged in AA last year. I expect him to get 2 or 3 series.
Austin did not get enough playing time last year, IMO.  The effect will be seen in one week.

Cinco de Hogo

Not just The #2 QB but wouldn't it always be a plus getting backup players reps in a real game? 

Dominicanhog

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LJHOG on August 27, 2016, 12:12:21 pm
Austin did not get enough playing time last year, IMO.  The effect will be seen in one week.

This.

I love BB and what he's doing here.
This would be my biggest critique of his program though.
We never put the backup QB into the game even when the game is well in hand until the bitter end.
Then, the play calling is so conservative that the QB isn't given an opportunity to succeed.

I hope Ty gets meaningful snaps with passes and audibles to challenge and grow him.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Dominicanhog on August 27, 2016, 12:20:28 pm
not before half time

Or at least the third interception in the first half...God forbid!

hoglady

Austin needs as many reps as he can get the first game.
With TCU being game 2 I would be surprised to see Ty get many if any reps in game 1.
Maybe in week 3.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on August 27, 2016, 12:32:48 pm
With TCU being game 2 I would be surprised to see Ty get many if any reps in game 1.
Maybe in week 3.

Correct, you know your football.

AirWarren

Not sure why we are concerned if the back up quarterback will get reps. I'll never understand this mentality of worrying about what the backup will do. In his first year of starting, Austin needs as much reps and he can get. And I doubt we mow over LaTech. I think we win, but I don't see is unloading the bench.

MTBrookHog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 27, 2016, 12:26:44 pm
This.

We never put the backup QB into the game even when the game is well in hand until the bitter end.
Then, the play calling is so conservative that the QB isn't given an opportunity to succeed.

I hope Ty gets meaningful snaps with passes and audibles to challenge and grow him.
This is my only issue I have with Coach B. That's one thing I liked about Coach Holtz. He gave the 2nd team playing time in significant situations. To me, this kept the backups head in the game in case they were called upon. I don't think this needs to be the policy for every game. But, in non-conference games that we are expected to win, I just think we should give playing time to the backups.

RaisinHog

No one these days plays backups very often ... just doesn't happen that's why generally when a teams starting qb goes down so does there season ... there isn't unlimited practice time either which is another reason you have to use all your time on your number one guy and hope.he stays healthy

Lake City Hog

I look at it this way, AA getting an extra 10 or 15 snaps at the end of a game that is basically over( remember the OP premise) doesn't necessarily give him any "experience" advantage. But, giving Storey 10 or 15 snaps could be very helpful in his development as a competent back-up.

I just think that trying to prepare any and every back-up is probably a wise thing. There is absolutely no substitute for real game experience and if we plan to count on any player on the second unit getting them that game experience is crucial.

How many of you want to see Jalen Merrick get a few snaps on the O'Line? Or Zach Rogers. Or Brian Wallace? What about Jordan Jones or Devwah Whaley? Austin Cantrell? I could go on and on about players that are not starters that could use some PT.

Piggfoot

Only if we are up 28 with 5 min to go.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Dr. Starcs

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LJHOG on August 27, 2016, 12:12:21 pm

Yeah, it did seem there were times when he could have gotten playing time, but didn't.  Would have been nice if he would have gotten more snaps.  Could have been other more pressing issues at play at the time, though.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Maybe in week 3.

Yep.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawginbigd1

IMO when you reach the point in the game when you are up so comfortably that the play call sheet could fit on a post it note, the backup everything should be in the game. It provides valuable reps for them in game situations and you don't risk your starters getting injured because they have throttled down a little. The backups won't do that, because they want to impress to get more PT. So IMO AA doesn't need any snaps in the 4th quarter with a 4 or 5 TD cushion, because you will only risk injury, and run nothing but base plays which will provide him little if any value.

HardingHog

Judging from the past he won't get in unless we're up by 28+ in the 4th quarter, or 3+ TDs with 3-4 to play. Your backup QB doesn't need real game experience to hand the ball off. He shouldn't be in the game until there is no longer pressure to put points on the board. Also, you want your starter to go out with a lot of confidence and preferably on some sort of high note. It's "mop up duty" because we're just trying to finish the game without anyone important getting any more dinged up/injured than they need to be

VirginiaHog

Maybe in week 3.
This. Absolutely correct. If he comes in it wont be until the 4th qtr.

Athog

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 27, 2016, 12:04:07 pm
How many of you think that Storey gets any PT? Does he get any more than 1 minute of mop up duty?

Game 1 UTEP--- We're up 32 at the start of the 4th quarter, AA gets in at the 9:58 mark. Runs 10 plays 0-2 passing.
Game 8 UT Martin---We're up by 35 at the start of the 4th, AA gets in at the 14:16 mark. 1-1 for a TD. Runs about a dozen plays.
Game 12Missouri---We're up 25 at the start of the 4th, AA gets in at :10 for a kneel down.

Now, LSU was fairly close at the start of the 4th quarter, but the game was pretty much "in-hand" and I don't think that any of us were too worried at the start of the 4th in the Bowl Game. Did AA get enough reps? Too many? Or about right?

Based on that history how do you think reps will go this year? Will Enos try to get AA more reps to better prepare for the rest of the season or does he try to get Storey some game experience just in case he is needed?

#1, I hope that we are in a position to have to make that decision.
#2, I hope that Storey gets at least a handful of snaps at every opportunity.

How many of you remember Lou's deal of playing the 2nd unit on the second series of the game? I thought that it was GREAT! Put those guys in the game at a time when it mattered, let them feel real game pressure and more than that show them just how much confidence that the HC has in their ability.

Let's just win first!!!

31to6

Our focus last year was finishing games. Our defense was not good enough to put in a backup QB to sit on a 10 point lead.

I too would like to see the backup QB get some snaps but even a 21-point 4th quarter lead can disappear quickly in modern football and momentum is so easy to lose.

Our goal last year was to learn how to put your foot on someone's throat and finish the game. You don't do that by playing with your food.

Every backup should get playing time in real game situations where the team and staff need you to play and be successful.  We play starters dozens of plays annually that mean nothing to their education but if the seconds were in the game would mean a great deal to their education and the overall success of the team.  We tend to go overboard at the QB position with not allowing the second or third Guy actually learn anything except how to run out the clock.  We have a starter this very season who could have had much real game experience but doesn't.  Lou Holtz did show his seconds that he needed them and he expected them to perform.  If he promised you third series playing time, you got if we were 14 down, 14 up or it was still 0-0.  This kept the #1s on their best behavior and gave the subs a true belief that they were more than just practice fodder.  I still do not believe you can develop a team over time that is decent year after year if you do not use the entire team, thus getting the true seconds and on occasion, the thirds some playing time that doesn't consist of slow rolling and just eating up the clock to quitting time.  If you truly do not believe you have the time in a single practice session to get the entire team a decent workout, the split up the players often and utilize 2 or 3 practice times.  Coaches are not limited to one 2 hour practice a day, though personal preference and internal desire may make it appear that way.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on August 27, 2016, 06:07:10 pm
Every backup should get playing time in real game situations where the team and staff need you to play and be successful.  We play starters dozens of plays annually that mean nothing to their education but if the seconds were in the game would mean a great deal to their education and the overall success of the team.  We tend to go overboard at the QB position with not allowing the second or third Guy actually learn anything except how to run out the clock.  We have a starter this very season who could have had much real game experience but doesn't.  Lou Holtz did show his seconds that he needed them and he expected them to perform.  If he promised you third series playing time, you got if we were 14 down, 14 up or it was still 0-0.  This kept the #1s on their best behavior and gave the subs a true belief that they were more than just practice fodder.  I still do not believe you can develop a team over time that is decent year after year if you do not use the entire team, thus getting the true seconds and on occasion, the thirds some playing time that doesn't consist of slow rolling and just eating up the clock to quitting time.  If you truly do not believe you have the time in a single practice session to get the entire team a decent workout, the split up the players often and utilize 2 or 3 practice times.  Coaches are not limited to one 2 hour practice a day, though personal preference and internal desire may make it appear that way.
It's hard to believe you're not preparing a team for play next Saturday........

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 12247 on August 27, 2016, 06:07:10 pm
Garbage time minutes do not help young QB's ,much, if at all. 

Minutes when it still counts need to go to our NEW starter. 

Stop acting like you know what's best for a team you don't even like.
All Gas, No Brakes!

RazorbackBassist

If its a 28 point advantage in 4th Qrt 5 mins remaining, and Austin has shown good a good game.

Lake City Hog

Guys, it's an opinion! Just because it doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean that the guy thinks he is a know-it-all or doesn't like the Hogs.

We WILL play some of our 2nd team O'Line, some of our 2nd team receivers, running backs, linebackers and DB's. No one seems to have any issue with that at all, we call it building depth. Why the big difference with the single most important position on the field? Shouldn't we have depth there?

ricepig

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 27, 2016, 08:02:54 pm
Guys, it's an opinion! Just because it doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean that the guy thinks he is a know-it-all or doesn't like the Hogs.

We WILL play some of our 2nd team O'Line, some of our 2nd team receivers, running backs, linebackers and DB's. No one seems to have any issue with that at all, we call it building depth. Why the big difference with the single most important position on the field? Shouldn't we have depth there?

We will if the opportunity presents itself. However, most, if not all of our "second" team players are battling for starting positions. I don't think it's every been said since spring that we had a QB battle.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 27, 2016, 08:02:54 pm

Sorry, this guy never posts anything that isn't talking down our team and coach.  He can suck it.
All Gas, No Brakes!

farmhawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 27, 2016, 12:14:57 pm
Not just The #2 QB but wouldn't it always be a plus getting backup players reps in a real game? 

As much as possible.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

bennyl08

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 27, 2016, 12:26:44 pm
This.

There isn't a coach in the country that would play things differently. Well, at least not a coach that will be keeping his job for very long.

Heck, Mr. QB himself Petrino didn't put the backup qb in the game until the same time CBB has.

I mean, OP is complaining that a 1 possession game in the fourth quarterback is grounds to put the backup qb in.

I can point to some aggie games where AA "should" have been put in the game in relief duty because we had a 2 possession lead in the fourth. However, we'd go on to lose those games.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 27, 2016, 09:19:36 pm
There isn't a coach in the country that would play things differently. Well, at least not a coach that will be keeping his job for very long.

Heck, Mr. QB himself Petrino didn't put the backup qb in the game until the same time CBB has.

I mean, OP is complaining that a 1 possession game in the fourth quarterback is grounds to put the backup qb in.

I can point to some aggie games where AA "should" have been put in the game in relief duty because we had a 2 possession lead in the fourth. However, we'd go on to lose those games.

You guys will do what you usually do and continue with that theme until it changes and then you will say it's the greatest coaching on earth.  That's what you do.

Let me put it another way,

There's not a coach on earth that wouldn't LOVE to give his second string QB a series or two of meaningful duty in every single game.

The fact that it doesn't happen much doesn't change that fact in the least.

bennyl08

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 27, 2016, 09:26:50 pm
You guys will do what you usually do and continue with that theme until it changes and then you will say it's the greatest coaching on earth.  That's what you do.

Let me put it another way,

There's not a coach on earth that wouldn't LOVE to give his second string QB a series or two of meaningful duty in every single game.

The fact that it doesn't happen much doesn't change that fact in the least.

??? Your tone sounds like you are disagreeing with me. Your words, however, completely support my post.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Lake City Hog

I mean, OP is complaining that a 1 possession game in the fourth quarterback is grounds to put the backup qb in. Where is this statement in the OP?
Benny, please point out the complaint in the op. I was merely laying out the facts and asking a question.
Again, having a different opinion seems to bring out the worst in some of you guys. Rather than respond with the pat answer--"maybe you should be coach" or just flat out making crap up please make an intelligent and truthful response.

I would still like for someone that disagrees with me to layout a realistic argument for agreeing with playing second teamers at nearly every other position and not wanting to give the 2nd team QB any reps.

I would never want to put a game in jeopardy nor would I want to steal needed reps from from the starter. I just don't see the value of the starter running out the clock with a 20+ point lead when the #2 guy could actually get a few reps that if nothing else would give him a feel for the college game.

Some of you can not like my opinion, try to twist my posts or just flat out make up some crap, it AIN"T gonna change my opinion.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 27, 2016, 09:38:38 pm
??? Your tone sounds like you are disagreeing with me. Your words, however, completely support my post.

I'm saying your putting to much into what any of us are saying, that's all. 😉

Bacons Rebellion

Based on past season, I would personally put our #2 quarterback in one series before CBB does.

However, I don't think it's that big a deal. It IS different in a game than in practice. Storey has not played, controlled the huddle, and called signals in a full Razorback Stadium or similar, so I would think this would be a good chance to give him that particular experience, which would be more valuable, IMO, than turning and handing the ball off to T. J. Hammonds and Juan Day. I expect that to happen exactly one series after I would make it happen, but my substitution pattern experience concentrates in getting all my Little Leaguers up to bat and with farily even innings in the field, so i'm okay with deferring to CBB on the matter.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

wildhogman

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 27, 2016, 10:23:16 pm
Based on past season, I would personally put our #2 quarterback in one series before CBB does.

However, I don't think it's that big a deal. It IS different in a game than in practice. Storey has not played, controlled the huddle, and called signals in a full Razorback Stadium or similar, so I would think this would be a good chance to give him that particular experience, which would be more valuable, IMO, than turning and handing the ball off to T. J. Hammonds and Juan Day. I expect that to happen exactly one series after I would make it happen, but my substitution pattern experience concentrates in getting all my Little Leaguers up to bat and with farily even innings in the field, so i'm okay with deferring to CBB on the matter.

If this was AA second season starting and he had already been through all the fires, I would agree to play the backup sooner then later.  However if your objective is to win a lot of games this season, best make sure your starter is up to the task before you worry about the second string trigger man.

/sarcasm: then again I guess all you guys arguing for the second team QB already figure AA is great and gonna do great things and don't need all the work he can get

bennyl08

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 27, 2016, 09:55:30 pm
I mean, OP is complaining that a 1 possession game in the fourth quarterback is grounds to put the backup qb in. Where is this statement in the OP?
Benny, please point out the complaint in the op. I was merely laying out the facts and asking a question.
Again, having a different opinion seems to bring out the worst in some of you guys. Rather than respond with the pat answer--"maybe you should be coach" or just flat out making crap up please make an intelligent and truthful response.

I would still like for someone that disagrees with me to layout a realistic argument for agreeing with playing second teamers at nearly every other position and not wanting to give the 2nd team QB any reps.

I would never want to put a game in jeopardy nor would I want to steal needed reps from from the starter. I just don't see the value of the starter running out the clock with a 20+ point lead when the #2 guy could actually get a few reps that if nothing else would give him a feel for the college game.

Some of you can not like my opinion, try to twist my posts or just flat out make up some crap, it AIN"T gonna change my opinion.

You explicitly posted an 8 point lead at the start of the fourth, lamented that AA got no reps, and stated that you didn't think there was a single person "too" worried which is most logically interpreted in the context of your post as having a comfortable lead. I didn't "twist" or "make up" anything in your post.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400852740

We were losing for most of the first quarter. For over 46 of the first 48 minutes of the game, the lead was 11 points or less. In no way shape or form is that remotely a safe lead or comfort inducing for a coach unless you are a major underdog or something. The largest lead was help by us with only 14 points of lead. So, when we went up by 15 points with 12 min left, No way in hell should coach put in the backup qb. Then, when we scored with just under 5 minutes left of play, we only went up by 22 points. KR for a td, 3 and out by our offense, they get a shorter field, get a long pass play and score again, and there'd be 3 minutes left for them to get a score and send it to overtime. If you have more minutes left in the game than you are possessions up vs a power 5 team, you don't send out the B team until you get up at least 5 possessions. SC the week before, 52-7 blowout. Conner Shaw played through the 3rd quarter. Backup didn't come in til their first drive of the 4th.

UTEP: BA didn't have the reputation at the start of the season that he did at the end. He played his last series with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and it is usually a bad idea to switch qb's mid-series.

UT Martin: We were only up 4 possessions at the time of BA's last series which included 2 handoffs resulting in a td. AA had the entire 4th quarter. Maybe 28 points was enough, but with 16 minutes left and them having already scored 21 points on us, 28 isn't as safe as you'd hope it to be.

LSU: We won with only 17 points, which was the highest lead we had that game. In no universe is that a blowout. No coach feels safe with only 17 points. Doesn't matter what the fans feel like is safe.

Mizzou: We won 28-3. That isn't a super comfy lead for any coach either. Keep in mind, they had absolutely no offense, but still had a dangerous defense. Throw in a backup qb and 28-3 can turn into 28-10 real quick with a pick 6 or sack fumble. Now you have a lot of time left and are only up 18 points.

The only realistic switches to make here would be possibly switching BA out mid drive vs UTEP to simulate an injury for the team and maybe maybe AA coming in one series sooner vs UT Martin. I mean, we are talking about a series and a half difference here.

For example: 2013 vs Bama. We lost 52-0. Guess when Saban felt the lead was comfortable enough to put in the backups? It wasn't being up by 1 possession. It wasn't up by 21, not even 35. Blake Sims didn't come in until the game was 42-0 with 5min left in the third.

Continuing to look at Bama, looking at last year's games for them. First two games, Cooper Bateman comes in really early all else considered. However, one must keep in mind, Coker hadn't fully won the job yet. Further, Bateman still had the first team around him handing off to the likes of Henry and passing to Ridley. Come the third blowout, ULM, up 27-0 in the 4th quarter, Coker who had solidified his spot was now still in the game. Cooper doesn't come in until 10 min left in the 4th and the score is 34-0. Against UGA, Bama won 38-10, and was up 38-3 for nearly the entire 3rd quarter. Guess when Coker was taken out? At best the final 2 kneel downs (doesn't say who the qb is). Why? Just like Arkansas vs LSU, they are playing UGA who is a very talented team. You have to have a ridiculous lead to feel comfortable there. 41-23 win over the aggies. Coker again plays the entire game. 18 points wasn't comfortable enough vs an aggie team. 30-16 win over LSU, Coker played whole game. 31-6 vs MSU, hard to tell who was qb the last bit. Last two drives were only runs, but backup backs didn't take over till those last two drives starting at 7 min left in the game of a 31-6 game. Vs Charleston Southern, Coker did leave early that game but not before building a 42-0 lead in the first half. 38-0 blanking of Mich St? Coker was in the game until it was 38-0. Backup didn't come in until there were just over 4 min left in the game.

Now, you do bring up an interesting question about what to do with the backups when they are in the game. In theory, yeah, you want to continue running your offense as if you were losing just about. Give the backups an actual game feel. However, the reason you are putting in your backups in the first place is to avoid risking injury to your starters. However, you don't want to lose your backup qb because you were trying to score 35 more points with 4 minutes left in the game. Instead, your goal is to and always should be, leave the stadium without any injuries. Once the game is in the bag, you do everything you can get out of there.

You see that with virtually every other team as well. If you want to get your backups ready to play, you do that in practice. Trust me, they aren't just sitting on the bench learning nothing. During games, the opponent is trying to hurt you. You want to finish the game as soon as you can if you are winning. Now, if you are playing vs an FCS school with a lot of time left, sure, let the backup get some "real" playing time. 4-5 minutes left vs an SEC team? Be glad you are doing well enough to put the backup qb in and finish the game as fast as you can. 

bennyl08

Hopefully that was detailed and specific enough for you.

War Boar

In my opinion, we should make sure that our starting quarterback has the game experience he needs.

I wonder how most fans would feel if we put in the backup with a sizeable lead and lost the game?  Momentum is a tricky thing. Sometimes it's not as easy as putting the starter back in and getting it back.

jcbville

Quote from: RaisinHog on August 27, 2016, 01:20:32 pm
No one these days plays backups very often ... just doesn't happen that's why generally when a teams starting qb goes down so does there season ... there isn't unlimited practice time either which is another reason you have to use all your time on your number one guy and hope.he stays healthy

Exactly nobody does this anymore. Not just coach B. It's just done in practice these days.

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

BigE_23

Maybe in week 3.
THIS

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Ark13 on August 28, 2016, 02:10:44 am
In my opinion, we should make sure that our starting quarterback has the game experience he needs.

I wonder how most fans would feel if we put in the backup with a sizeable lead and lost the game?  Momentum is a tricky thing. Sometimes it's not as easy as putting the starter back in and getting it back.

This is true.

I don't think most of us are requesting BB to get risky.

However, it just seems there's a real reluctance to give a backup QB playtime at all really other than hander-offer with 3 minutes left on the clock and we're up by 74.37 points.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: BigE_23 on August 28, 2016, 08:40:54 am
THIS

And what Hoglady is saying is true as well.

AA is so inexperienced (from two disparate issues) he's a backup QB unto himself.

He probably should play all or at least almost the entire game Saturday.
Ty probably shouldn't be looking for mop up duty until game three really.
His response to me:

jackflash

Think Allen will get all the playing time. At least in the first game.

Mike Irwin

The issue is not if Story will play. The issue is how does he play if and when he gets the chance. He's very close to getting passed by Cole Kelley on the depth chart. 

Pigasaurus

The Sith lord in New England has won a few Super Bowls with Brady hardly ever coming out of games.  Is this some coaches strategy?
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 28, 2016, 09:06:32 am
The issue is not if Story will play. The issue is how does he play if and when he gets the chance. He's very close to getting passed by Cole Kelley on the depth chart. 
Would be nice if we had a large enough lead to play Ty and Cole.  IMO we see neither.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!