Started by factchecker, August 26, 2016, 11:29:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Biggus Piggus

Wonderful and heartbreaking piece. Thanks for the link.
[CENSORED]!

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

26.2Hog

Had trouble reading there at the end.  Something in my eyes . . .

smb

GeorgiaHOG

thebignasty

Great read.  Thank you for sharing.

Always makes me feel sick, still.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

SamBuckhart

August 26, 2016, 05:35:28 pm #7 Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 01:53:29 pm by SamBuckhart
One of my sons is playing football tonight. Guard. For Harrison.  Wearing my old number. Thanks for this link. He was inspired to play this year after seeing the trailer for the movie. Many kids would rather Xbox. Glad to see him get involved. They beat Berryville in Berryville.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Vantage 8 dude

August 26, 2016, 05:53:32 pm #8 Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 06:04:23 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Thanks Marty for sharing such deep and personal feelings concerning Brandon. I've often wondered what wonderful acts of kindness Brandon could have done if he had not been taken so soon from this world. As I'm sure do you, and countless others, I sometimes find myself thinking "God, why did you take such a fine young man away before he could make a real difference"? And then a quiet voice replies "And who says his life (and death) HASN'T made a difference"? Then I realize that thanks to the wonderful efforts of The Burl Kids and other similar acts of kindness that little voice is so totally right!! I know for sure: as long as the memory of Brandon lives so does his courage, faith and love of his family, team, neighbors and state. And a GREATER testament of a life well lived can never be found.

Hogwop

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 26, 2016, 05:53:32 pm
Thanks Marty for sharing such deep and personal feelings concerning Brandon. I've often wondered what wonderful acts of kindness Brandon could have done if he had not been taken so soon from this world. As I'm sure do you, and countless others, I sometimes find myself thinking "God, why did you take such a fine young man away before he could make a real difference"? And then a quiet voice replies "And who says his life (and death) HASN'T made a difference"? Then I realize that thanks to the wonderful efforts of The Burl Kids and other similar acts of kindness that little voice is so totally right!! I know for sure: as long as the memory of Brandon lives so does his courage, faith and love of his family, team, neighbors and state. And a GREATER testament of a life well lived can never be found.
Great post, Vantage 8.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

HogFan219

What a great, and yet tragic story. His family's loss was Heaven's gain that day. It's awesome to see that Brandon is still having a positive impact on young people today, though. I can't wait to see the movie with my little football player playing his first season. On the offensive line. Guard. If there is ever a Razorback I'd want my son to look at as a role model, it would be Brandon Burlsworth. Hats off to Brandon's brother and family for using their loss in such a positive manner.

BPsTheMan

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

WBOBO

Going today to see it.  Already got tickets online and I don't do movies.  Maybe it will
inspire me to start going  to movies again.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

SquidBilly

Quote from: WBOBO on August 27, 2016, 09:49:49 am
Going today to see it.  Already got tickets online and I don't do movies.  Maybe it will
inspire me to start going  to movies again.

Just got home from watching the movie.  Very well done.  Brandon was very well portrayed in the movie and it made me proud to say he was/is one of ours.

farmhawg

Great lesson, and a great young man that we should all be very proud of....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

razCzar

If a tragedy can turn wonderous, Brandon's would top them all.  I can barely think of him without emotions.  So proud he was a Razorback!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!