Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins in Cowboys-Seahawks game now

Started by Tejano Jawg, August 25, 2016, 11:12:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

For those of you who can see it. Just got in...late 3rd quarter. First 2 runs were nice. The first one was a hard run straight up the middle, through lots of traffic. Hope he gets a little more PT. Probably will next week.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

alohawg

He ran angry.......maybe that's what Pete is doing? I mean, first cuts are Tuesday and Alex has hardly touched the ball through 2 3/4 games. I really hope he gets more looks in this 4th qtr..
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

rzrbackramsfan

Tejano Jawg

Alex has been alternating series with the Clemson rookie. Crap.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hogs run wild

hopefully he gets more carries the next game.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

hawginbigd1

Looked good in his 4 or 5 plays, just wonder what his limited opportunities means.

PLHawg

Something tells me he's gone.  He got all of three carries.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Tejano Jawg

alohawg

Quote from: PLHawg on August 26, 2016, 12:02:30 am

If so, he'll be picked up quick.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

b-ash

I think he is gone from Seattle with Rawls, Michael, and Procise.  Probably better for him if he wants a real chance. I thought he looked good on a the limited carries, but that backfield like many in the NFL is too crowded.

lstewart

Alex was either the 4th or 5th tailback to get a carry for Seattle, which tells us what we need to know. He is right at the bottom of the roster... 1 or 2 others got some carries after Alex got his first carry. Unless they have a couple of guys get hurt, he is gone. If he is cut, he will be doing well the land on a practice roster somewhere and get paid to practice this season. Too bad.... may be another one of those guys who is a great college player, but not quite flashy enough to show what he can do in the limited contact practices the NFL has. I don't think his talent shines without actual live game action with a lot of carries.

oldbear

Great kid. Hopefully some things start falling his way and he finds a way or place to fit and has a long and healthy career.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: b-ash on August 26, 2016, 06:47:10 am
I think he is gone from Seattle with Rawls, Michael, and Procise.  Probably better for him if he wants a real chance. I thought he looked good on a the limited carries, but that backfield like many in the NFL is too crowded.

I've gotten to the point that I hope he is cut loose.
Then, he may have the ability to choose a team that has a better appreciation for him.

Good luck, AC.  I saw some of your physics defying highlights the other day.
They don't truly understand what they have I don't think.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hogcard1964

Quote from: PLHawg on August 26, 2016, 12:02:30 am

I agree

I'd love to see him in Chicago.  Jeremy Langford is already in a walking boot.

King Kong

AC had some really good scrimmages earlier against the Seattle's one Defense and got a lot of reps early as every RB but him and Michael has been hurt.

Seattle knows what they have in him. Hopefully it's enough for him to make the roster

dhizzle

I would think it would be hard to tell how good a player is by giving him 3 to 5 carries a game. What are you suppose to do get 20 yards a carry then you'll make the team?

The Hogfather

Quote from: lstewart on August 26, 2016, 08:07:48 am
Alex was either the 4th or 5th tailback to get a carry for Seattle, which tells us what we need to know. He is right at the bottom of the roster... 1 or 2 others got some carries after Alex got his first carry. Unless they have a couple of guys get hurt, he is gone. If he is cut, he will be doing well the land on a practice roster somewhere and get paid to practice this season. Too bad.... may be another one of those guys who is a great college player, but not quite flashy enough to show what he can do in the limited contact practices the NFL has. I don't think his talent shines without actual live game action with a lot of carries.

We'll see.  I'm not so sure he gets cut.  If he does, as someone else said, he should be scooped up pretty quickly by someone else.  That might be best for him.  I think he's going to have a good career in the league, whether it is with Seattle or someone else.

a0ashle

Quote from: King Kong on August 26, 2016, 08:31:03 am
AC had some really good scrimmages earlier against the Seattle's one Defense and got a lot of reps early as every RB but him and Michael has been hurt.

Seattle knows what they have in him. Hopefully it's enough for him to make the roster

I want to believe you, but a rookie who isn't injured and isn't coming off an injury getting only a handful of reps, in the third preseason game... the writing is on the wall. He'll get signed somewhere, I hope it works out for him.

King Kong

Quote from: a0ashle on August 26, 2016, 09:11:50 am
I want to believe you, but a rookie who isn't injured and isn't coming off an injury getting only a handful of reps, in the third preseason game... the writing is on the wall. He'll get signed somewhere, I hope it works out for him.

Their other 2 rookie RB's have been injured. This is really Seattles first look at them. That is probably the main reason they are getting run now.

Again I'm not guaranteeing AC makes it. But it's far from over

Below is an article of one of his good scrimmages

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/recapping-the-seahawks-sunday-scrimmage-alex-collins-has-a-big-day/

a0ashle

Quote from: King Kong on August 26, 2016, 09:33:11 am
Their other 2 rookie RB's have been injured. This is really Seattles first look at them. That is probably the main reason they are getting run now.

Again I'm not guaranteeing AC makes it. But it's far from over

Below is an article of one of his good scrimmages

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/recapping-the-seahawks-sunday-scrimmage-alex-collins-has-a-big-day/

*fingers crossed* I think he is a good fit stylistically with the Seahawks, but sometimes life doesn't take you down the straightest path.

Missooie

MountainHomeHogger

I'd like to see him in Indy backing up Gore and learning from Gore. :razorback:

soooieman

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 26, 2016, 08:30:43 am
I agree

I'd love to see him in Chicago.  Jeremy Langford is already in a walking boot.
Amen, me too

fsmhogfan

I think he's more of a known commodity to Seattle staff. I think they know what they have. The only thing that could cost him is ball security, not talent and skill. He's just learning the offense and since they have such a plethora of talent, they can bring him on slowly. Here's a pretty good recent article: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/8/23/12594074/alex-collins-projection-2016-seahawks-rookie-running-back-arkansas-highlights

Of course, it is all speculation. He could be cut next week, but we've all seen his ability to make people miss in small spaces, and mature in his running and blocking. There's little doubt, to me, that he has what it takes to play for a long time in the league...and he's good with the media too.

hawginbigd1

The problem i see is i have not seen him on any of the special teams. That seems to usually mean you are not going to have a great chance

phadedhawg

I'm not giving up the hope yet!  I've put off buying a new Seahawk jersey so far in hopes of getting his. 

If he's able to perform at this level it will have shown in practice.  Preseason games are only part of the equation.  I've seen players have great preseason performances and they end up in the first group cut.  Sometimes coaches play ones they are gonna cut more so those kids can get some tape for other teams to see.

I might be grasping at straws but I'm keeping the faith. 

bennyl08

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 26, 2016, 08:19:56 am
I've gotten to the point that I hope he is cut loose.
Then, he may have the ability to choose a team that has a better appreciation for him.

Good luck, AC.  I saw some of your physics defying highlights the other day.
They don't truly understand what they have I don't think.

Perhaps they don't, but Seattle is known for having elite player evaluation and development. Players that get cut from the seahawks can become starters other locations. It is quite common for a team to have 7-8 receivers who are all NFL roster to worthy but can only keep 6, maybe 7 of them. Similarly for a team with 5-6 talented running backs. They are only going to keep 3, maybe 4.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

rzrbackramsfan

AC is getting effed if he gets cut.  I mean he stays healthy all camp and apparently performs well in the practices and then he just gets crap carries every game.  Looks like last game he did well on the 3 carries given to him.

alohawg

I'd be shocked if they cut him this week. This last preseason game with the Raiders will be the tale of the tape, expect to see a lot of Collins, Procise and Pope. I'll say it again, maybe Pete is lighting a fire under Alex's butt and wants to see more aggression, running with anger? He sure looked pissed on his carries to me, especially the first one. I dunno, just speculating like everyone else.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

sickboy

I doubt Alex gets cut. Prosise had been injured. This was his first game, so they had to get him touches. Those are touches that are Alex's touches. On top of that, Alex averaged 6.9 yards a carrie and he's blocking well.

I think they'll keep him.

bennyl08

Quote from: sickboy on August 26, 2016, 02:01:41 pm
I doubt Alex gets cut. Prosise had been injured. This was his first game, so they had to get him touches. Those are touches that are Alex's touches. On top of that, Alex averaged 6.9 yards a carrie and he's blocking well.

I think they'll keep him.

Collins fills the same role that Rawls and Michael fill. Prosise brings things to the table that no other back on their roster does. I wasn't able to see the game, but in general, the touches Prosise gets will not be nay of the other back's touches. I highly doubt Collins isn't on an NFL roster somewhere; however, Rawls, Michael, and Procise are all very good backs as well. Collins is no pushover himself, but there are a lot of good backs in the NFL.

For Collins, the biggest question becomes, how much do the Seahawks value him. As of now, I'd guess they put him on the practice squad but that would make him available for another team to poach. Do they like him enough to keep him as a 4th or 5th RB on the roster to prevent that? They are a run heavy team so keeping 4 backs active isn't a huge stretch though 5 is pushing the limits.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

phadedhawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 26, 2016, 02:48:17 pm
Collins fills the same role that Rawls and Michael fill. Prosise brings things to the table that no other back on their roster does. I wasn't able to see the game, but in general, the touches Prosise gets will not be nay of the other back's touches. I highly doubt Collins isn't on an NFL roster somewhere; however, Rawls, Michael, and Procise are all very good backs as well. Collins is no pushover himself, but there are a lot of good backs in the NFL.

For Collins, the biggest question becomes, how much do the Seahawks value him. As of now, I'd guess they put him on the practice squad but that would make him available for another team to poach. Do they like him enough to keep him as a 4th or 5th RB on the roster to prevent that? They are a run heavy team so keeping 4 backs active isn't a huge stretch though 5 is pushing the limits.

The 12s were as surprised as anybody by Michael's performance this preseason.  He didn't seem like a strong candidate since he's been tried and cut already.  But he's put in some great work this preseason.  I think Michael's performance has hurt Collins more than any of the other backs.  Prosise has quickness that Collins doesn't and is rumored to be a better receiver so he's got a good chance of making the team just because he brings something different. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: b-ash on August 26, 2016, 06:47:10 am

CAR   YDS   TD   LONG
Christine Michael   7   58   0   20
C.J. Prosise           4   23   0   11
Alex Collins          3   19   0   9
Trevone Boykin   1   16   1   16
Troymaine Pope   4   14   0   12
George Farmer   1   9   0   9
Zac Brooks          4   7   0   6
Russell Wilson   3   2   0   2

looks to me like Collins was 3rd in yardage, and performed significantly better than brooks and had higher YPC than prosise

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

sickboy

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 26, 2016, 03:27:27 pm
                        CAR   YDS   TD   LONG

looks to me like Collins was 3rd in yardage, and performed significantly better than brooks and had higher YPC than prosise

yeah -- collins is fine. or at least in the mix still.

bennyl08

Quote from: phadedhawg on August 26, 2016, 02:53:57 pm
The 12s were as surprised as anybody by Michael's performance this preseason.  He didn't seem like a strong candidate since he's been tried and cut already.  But he's put in some great work this preseason.  I think Michael's performance has hurt Collins more than any of the other backs.  Prosise has quickness that Collins doesn't and is rumored to be a better receiver so he's got a good chance of making the team just because he brings something different.

Eh, not really. He's always been a size/power/speed freak of an athlete. He's only struggled with the mental part of the game. He's improved on that with each season and really came on strong at the end of last season. The biggest question for him wasn't whether or he could perform well, but whether the consistency and production last year was a fluke, or a sign that he's finally found his wheels in the NFL. This pre-season and camp, it seems like he has found his wheels.

For those wondering, I recommend watching some of Procise's highlights. I was curious why Seahawks would draft him over Collins and watched the tape on him (you can also find videos showing every play he was involved in in games which I recommend as well). Watching Prosise, he really looks like a faster version of Collins. Showed very similar vision of finding the holes, being able to run through a seemingly chaotic group of bodies but find the path through that to get 7+ yards. Showed similarly good pass blocking skills, and hard to say showed better pass catching skills, but certainly has more experience in the receiving game. Given that body of work, I probably would have drafted Prosise above Collins as well.

ChitownHawg

CAR   YDS   TD   LONG

They also are battling issues with the offensive line.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 26, 2016, 02:48:17 pm

The other piece to the problem for Seattle is Prosise has only one year at ND as a back. He has not proven he can take a beating. Then he gets to OTAs and gets hurt. I am sure the team mayne questioning this.

If Prosise was anything but their third round pick he probably would be on the bubble. I am sure they want to give their third round pick a little more time before declaring him a bust.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Cobbler

CAR   YDS   TD   LONG

Should also be noted that Prosise's longest carry came on a 3rd and 20 draw play where the defense was playing back to stop a big pass play.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 26, 2016, 01:15:43 pm
AC is getting effed if he gets cut.  I mean he stays healthy all camp and apparently performs well in the practices and then he just gets crap carries every game.  Looks like last game he did well on the 3 carries given to him.

Collins is a good back, but they're all good backs.  He's a rookie who, while having nice practices, may not stand out or be versatile enough for Seattle.  He probably still doesn't get cut this early, if at all.   
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogarusa

It would seem his limited play would seriously put him right on the cut list.  He could get picked up by another team but that certainly wouldnt be an easy spot to find a new squad in his rookie year and learning a new offense.  Hopefully Seattle can find room for him.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 26, 2016, 04:57:12 pm
It would seem his limited play would seriously put him right on the cut list.  He could get picked up by another team but that certainly wouldnt be an easy spot to find a new squad in his rookie year and learning a new offense.  Hopefully Seattle can find room for him.
what you mean by limited play.

only 1 player got more than 4 carries last game.  seems to me he is getting the same shot as everyone else.

he may or may not get cut, but he seems to have the same shot as anyone not name christine  michael
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Paul

Hoggish1

Quote from: Missooie on August 26, 2016, 09:55:23 am
I'll take him in Miami!!!

Miami needs so much more that AC.  My how far that franchise has fallen...

PorkRinds

AC needs to stay the heck away from Miami...