Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hate Watch Schedule Week 1

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, August 25, 2016, 09:44:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

August 25, 2016, 09:44:17 pm Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:25:05 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
If you are a real CFB then Hate Watching is a big part of the season and has been elevated to a whole other level with social media.  Watching/cheering on your team is always the best but schadenfreude can wrap you in it's warm fuzzy arms.

So in honor of this time honored tradition I have come up with my Hate Watch Schedule for Week 1.  Feel free to add your own or comment on any of these.

Thursday, September 1st

Charlotte at Louisville, 6pm CST, FSN Affiliates / (ACC-RSN / WatchESPN):  There will be a small segment of Hog fans that watch this game because they still have the Petrino man-crush.  I'll be watching for the slim chance that Louisville gets upset or Bobby's head explodes.  Petrino lip reading is always a treat as well.

Appalachian State at Tennessee 6:30 pm CST, SEC Network, Can't be a Hog fan and not hate anything orange and with the letters UT.  Hey Appy State did it before.  I also think Butch Jones is an overrated Bozo, and what's up with Josh Dobbs eyebrows?  He looks like the singer from Midnight Oil.  BTW did you know he's a rocket science major?

South Carolina at Vanderbilt 7:00 pm CST, ESPN.  First SEC conference game of the year.  Not in our division, but admit it you will be watching to see if Muschamp curses.

Montana State at Idaho, 8:00 pm CST, ESPN 3.  If you didn't get your fill of Petrino hating with the Louisville game this will serve as a tasty after dinner mint.  How Paul still has a HC job is beyond me.

Bonus Game:  Alderson Broaddus at Robert Morris, 6:00 pm CST, NEC Video.  Not really a hate watch but intrigued by Alderson Broaddus.  Wasn't he the WBC Welterweight champ back in the early 90's.

Friday, September 2nd

Only one game of note but yuge hate watch potential.

Toledo at Arkansas State 8:00 pm ESPNU / WatchESPN:  Spare me the "I don't care enough about stAte to hate them" BS.  They peck at our ankles all year. It's annoying as hell.  They act like the Razorbacks are hiding from them instead of doing them a favor.  But if you can't muster any hate for State, you still have to pull for the Rockets because if ASU happens to win we will never hear the end of it.

Saturday, September 3rd

Going to start off with some B1G's, because nothing says you are the second best conference in the country more than having your 2 premier teams both start the day off at 11 am.

Bowling Green at Ohio State 11:00 am CST BTN / BTN2Go Video:  BGSU won 10 games last year.  Will watch for 10 minutes hoping that subUrban and the Buckeyes get upset or at least have to sweat it out.  I know it probably won't happen but you never know when Meyer might have an anxiety attack.

Hawaii at Michigan 11:00 am CST ESPN / WatchESPN:  Will be a Harbaugh love fest.  Will watch for a few minutes hoping to find a reason to make fun of this jerk.

UCLA at Texas A&M 2:30 pm CST CBS / CBS Video:  Would be a hate watch regardless of conference affiliation.  Aggie hate runs deep and who doesn't want to see Sumlin get turnt.

Clemson at Auburn 8:00 pm CST ESPN / WatchESPN:  Again don't try to act like Malzahn means nothing to you.  95% (+/- 4%) of Razorback fans will be watching hoping Auburn gets blown off the face of the earth.  The remainder will be in a prayer circle with Pastor Headset Frosted Tips praying that Gus fulfills the prophecy.

Sunday, September 4th

Notre Dame at Texas 6:30 pm CST ABC / espn3:  If I have to explain why this is a hate watch you might as well turn in your Razorback fan card. 

Sunday, September 5th

Florida State vs. Ole Miss (Orlando) 7:00 pm CST ESPN / WatchESPN  Can't think of a better way to cap off a hate filled weekend.  Cheatin Hugh, he of $4 mil a year and poor orthodonture.  I'm just ready for this clown to go away and hope FSU starts the Freeze death march.  I'm sure win or lose Freeze with have scripture at the ready.

Looking forward to seeing some of your hate watch gems.  Just don't include Bama, everyone hates them.  Thanks for humoring me.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

razorbackkid

Sunday Sept. 4th.

Texas vs. N.D.

Is there any way on earth both can lose?  No.  I hope the winner has to go to triple overtime or better and win 12 to 9.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

PigTimePlayer

great post..."who doesn't want to see Sumlin get turnt".  LOL

nice job.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

CFB_Fanatic

****Stares around room****

*****Stands*******

****Begin Slow Clap*****

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. +1000 on thread of the week.

tusksincolorado

"Pastor Headset Frosted Tips"....I sprewed my sweet tea 1/2 way across the den.

priceless!!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 25, 2016, 09:44:17 pm
Saturday, September 3rd

Clemson at Auburn 8:00 pm CST ESPN / WatchESPN:  Again don't try to act like Malzahn means nothing to you.  95% (+/- 4%) of Razorback fans will be watching hoping Auburn gets blown off the face of the earth.  The remainder will be in a prayer circle with Pastor Headset Frosted Tips praying that Gus fulfills the prophecy.

Sunday, September 5th

Florida State vs. Ole Miss (Orlando) 7:00 pm CST ESPN / WatchESPN  Can't think of a better way to cap off a hate filled weekend.  Cheatin Hugh, he of $4 mil a year and poor orthodonture.  I'm just ready for this clown to go away and hope FSU starts the Freeze death march.  I'm sure win or lose Freeze with have scripture at the ready.

I don't see how Auburn is supposed to successfully defend Clemson's Offense.  Of course, that could be said about any team in CFB other than Florida State, who has the elite talent and elite defensive speed to maybe somewhat slow down Clemson's Offense.

Ole Miss will be facing too much elite Florida State talent.  Also, Ole Miss lost too much around Chad Kelly.  I see FSU methodically dismantling Ole Miss like FSU methodically dismantled Florida in Gainesville last season.

20hog11

Not that I really care, but with all the high profile games that the SEC will be playing, a couple of losses will have the media saying that the SEC is weak this year. Imagine if Auburn, LSU, A&M, and Ole Miss all lose. Too bad those losses won't count as conference losses....

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 25, 2016, 10:06:18 pm
Sunday Sept. 4th.

Texas vs. N.D.

Is there any way on earth both can lose?  No.  I hope the winner has to go to triple overtime or better and win 12 to 9.
My sentiments exactly! I hope the "golden gomers" and the texass nurtured calves have to play four overtimes just to get anyone to score.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: 20hog11 on August 25, 2016, 10:44:59 pm
Not that I really care, but with all the high profile games that the SEC will be playing, a couple of losses will have the media saying that the SEC is weak this year. Imagine if Auburn, LSU, A&M, and Ole Miss all lose. Too bad those losses won't count as conference losses....
While I realize anything's possible, especially very early in the season, I honestly don't think LSU loses. I know, I know...it's being played at Green Bay; however, I think with what happened at the end of last year with ole Less the tiggers will be doing everything they can to save the human "lawnmower" his HC job. I could honestly see any and/or all the rest of the above SEC teams going down though.

20hog11

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 25, 2016, 11:01:53 pm
While I realize anything's possible, especially very early in the season, I honestly don't think LSU loses. I know, I know...it's being played at Green Bay; however, I think with what happened at the end of last year with ole Less the tiggers will be doing everything they can to save the human "lawnmower" his HC job. I could honestly see any and/or all the rest of the above SEC teams going down though.

May be the beginning of the end for Leslie (thought it was Lester this whole time) and some of the other coaches.

thebignasty

Please do this every week. Next best thing to a hog win is for one of the many teams I hate to get darn on.

TXArcher

I'm a equal opportunity hater.

Notre Dame at Texas 6:30 pm CST ABC / espn3:  If I have to explain why this is a hate watch you might as well turn in your Razorback fan card. 

Bacon_Bitz

Hog N Bama

Love this post because you and I agree 100% on every HATE  :) You sir, would be the best game day bud :razorback:

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I'll add a hate watch.

LZH vs a quality post.

Man his posts are terrible!
:D
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hogcard1964

Quote from: TXArcher on August 26, 2016, 05:51:40 am
I'm a equal opportunity hater.

But I'm pulling hard for Texas.  I live in the Midwest and the two most obnoxious fan bases are far and away Notre Dame fans and Chicago Cub fans.

go hogues

UCLA at Texas A&M 2:30 pm CST CBS / CBS Video:  Would be a hate watch regardless of conference affiliation.  Aggie hate runs deep and who doesn't want to see Sumlin get turnt.

Sunday, September 5th

I think Auburn gets blasted but I think A&M and Ole Miss win BIG. Makes me sick, as those latter two are the scum of the earth.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

hogcard1964

Quote from: go hogues on August 26, 2016, 08:43:26 am
I think Auburn gets blasted but I think A&M and Ole Miss win BIG. Makes me sick, as those latter two are the scum of the earth.

I think the SEC will have a rough week.  I think both Auburn and Ole Miss will lose.

redbarn

Please post like this each week........Hats off to you.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

navyhog24

Sunday Sept. 4th.

Texas vs. N.D.

I hate both, but I hope one blows the other out so that way ESPN won't replay the game at all through the off season as they do on ESPNU or ESPN Classic. It would be annoying as hell to have to continually see that on.

DeltaBoy

I will be wearing the Green Sunday Go Irish beat UT! while the Irish love fest annoys me the depth of my hate for all things burnt orange is only known to God.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

swineology

Aggie hate runs deep and who doesn't want to see Sumlin get turnt.

LOL

+howevermany you want

GuvHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 25, 2016, 11:01:53 pm

Frankly after the way those Wisconsin people bad mouthed our head coach when he left them, it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if LSU went up there and stomped a mud hole in the Badgers.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Jackrabbit Hog

Living in the land of the Vols (well, okay, the state of the Vols), I love nothing more than watching them wallow in mediocrity or worse, which is where they've been for about 10 years now.  This year would be especially wonderful to see them bottom out, since they are everybody's pick to win the LEast and their fans have become insufferable again.  I'd pay a pretty penny to see Appy State upset them, followed by Virginia Tech beating them while they have their hangover from the opener.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

SoCal Hog

Mr Shrute, please do this on a regular basis.  :razorback: ::hornsdown::
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

26.2Hog

Montana State at Idaho, 8:00 pm CST, ESPN 3.  If you didn't get your fill of Petrino hating with the Louisville game this will serve as a tasty after dinner mint.

Nice.

Didn't realize it until I read the great OP, but I'm really looking forward to hatin' on those teams opening weekend.

bigred223

Auburn should lose, that won't make the conference look weak. I would like to see ole miss play close but still lose. LSU wins. Bama wins. I hope A&M gets throttled.

yraciv

dsgreen

This is a quality post and I also would like to see it done every week.

Sir Oinksalot

....haha, good thread, nice job !!
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

NaturalStateReb

Schadenfreude, thy name is college football.

Nice work, OP.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 20hog11 on August 25, 2016, 11:11:51 pm
May be the beginning of the end for Leslie (thought it was Lester this whole time) and some of the other coaches.
People try to decieve others into thinking it is Lester, But it is Leslie, and , yeah.... LESLIE.... :-X
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on August 26, 2016, 12:10:50 pm
Living in the land of the Vols (well, okay, the state of the Vols), I love nothing more than watching them wallow in mediocrity or worse, which is where they've been for about 10 years now.  This year would be especially wonderful to see them bottom out, since they are everybody's pick to win the LEast and their fans have become insufferable again.  I'd pay a pretty penny to see Appy State upset them, followed by Virginia Tech beating them while they have their hangover from the opener.
I can't wait for them to revise history and act like they were "never sold on Butch" and pretend that he, like Dooley, somehow failed to recruit to their 'level' in Knoxville.

Saddest, most pathetic fanbase in the country imo. Even worse than Ole Piss or Aubbie fans.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 27, 2016, 11:07:08 am
I can't wait for them to revise history and act like they were "never sold on Butch" and pretend that he, like Dooley, somehow failed to recruit to their 'level' in Knoxville.

Saddest, most pathetic fanbase in the country imo. Even worse than Ole Piss or Aubbie fans.
yeah Sargent Carter will be EXPOSED this season  :)

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: thebignasty on August 25, 2016, 11:19:27 pm
Please do this every week. Next best thing to a hog win is for one of the many teams I hate to get darn on.

I always pull for the SEC teams to win,  unless we are playing them.  I know that a lot people only care about the razorbacks winning,   but I do care about the SEC's reputation. It reflects on the Razorbacks.  I am proud to be in the top college football conference,  and I hope all the SEC teams win on week 1.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

tacomahog

Oklahoma at Houston because I almost enjoy watching the Sooners lose as much as watching the Hogs win.  :razorback:

yraciv

Quote from: tacomahog on August 27, 2016, 04:42:50 pm
Oklahoma at Houston because I almost enjoy watching the Sooners lose as much as watching the Hogs win.  :razorback:

Agree! Keyword is almost.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 26, 2016, 08:54:22 am
I think the SEC will have a rough week.  I think both Auburn and Ole Miss will lose.

Auburn and Ole Miss have their work cut out for them.

Regarding Auburn's Week 1 game, not only is the talent aspect going to be a problem for Auburn, the coaching aspect will be a problem for Auburn.

Jeff Scott/Tony Elliott   >   Rhett Lashlee/Kodi Burns    This is a significant mis-match in favor of Clemson

Robbie Caldwell   >   Herb Hand    Caldwell has 38 years of experience in collegiate coaching.

Brent Venables   >   Kevin Steele    This is a mis-match of substantial proportion.  Venables has coached in 5 National Championship games.

Dan Brooks (DTs)/Marion Hobby (DEs)   >   Rodney Garner    Brooks worked with John Chavis at Tennessee for 15 seasons (Brooks was Tennessee's DL Coach when Chavis was their DC).  Hobby has coached DEs in the NFL (Hobby worked with Gary Gibbs when Gibbs was the New Orleans Saints DC). 

Danny Pearman   >   Scott Fountain    Pearman coached with Gene Stallings when Alabama won the NC, and Pearman coached with Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech when VT played in the National Championship game.

Mike Reid   =   Wesley McGriff    Both Reid and McGriff have coached DBs in the NFL.

Joey Batson   >    Ryan Russell    Batson is in his 31st year as a Strength & Conditioning Coach at the collegiate level.  Batson has served as a Head Strength & Conditioning Coach for 27 of the 31 years.

1 coaching spot where Auburn is equal to Clemson (Reid and McGriff).  The rest of the coaching spots, Clemson has a strong advantage.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Love this thread. This kind of hits on the old argument of whether to root for division rivals to make the SEC look good or to hate on them and hope they lose. These days I fall into the hate category with most SEC teams.
These three programs currently get my most hate, and I'd be fine if they never won another game.
Ole Miss-cause they are huge cheaters.
Auburn- they bought themselves at Nat championship and are one of the biggest cheating programs of all time.  And I am sick of seeing Gus and wish he would go away.
Aggies- just plain turrible in general. Can't stand the yell leaders.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Glad everyone appreciated this.  Nothing keeps your heart warmer than sharing CFB hate.  Bumping it so we can maybe do some live in game hate updates.  First up BP edited at 6:00, followed by some guy with a crew cut named Butch.  Let's go.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jusgtohogs

Sunday Sept. 4th.

Texas vs. N.D.

either that score or 2-0

Dwight_K_Shrute

Big sip of Haterade as App State forced to punt and TN fumbles it back to ASU.  Butch Jones's eyes are squinty

PonderinHog

Dwight_K_Shrute

Touchdown App State.  2 strong running plays to cap it off.  TN is soft.  But then again most teams that wear orange are.

Professor Psychosis

Is Appy gonna pull another on the anniversary of the Big House?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on August 27, 2016, 03:48:28 pm
I always pull for the SEC teams to win,  unless we are playing them.  I know that a lot people only care about the razorbacks winning,   but I do care about the SEC's reputation. It reflects on the Razorbacks.  I am proud to be in the top college football conference,  and I hope all the SEC teams win on week 1.

This.
To do otherwise hurts the conference and the teams that make bowls but aren't top 15-20 teams.  Dropping in bowl quality drops money which further injures each team.

It's not rocket science, but some simply don't care.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Bacon_Bitz

ChicoHog

Sunday Sept. 4th.

Texas vs. N.D.

Go Irish!!!!!