Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jordan Jones

Started by Southarkansashog, August 24, 2016, 08:10:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Southarkansashog

Does anyone know if Jordan Jones will red shirt this year? Been hearing pretty good things about him so far in fall camp..

ARtillahog

Quote from: Southarkansashog on August 24, 2016, 08:10:51 pm
Does anyone know if Jordan Jones will red shirt this year? Been hearing pretty good things about him so far in fall camp..

Jordan has been one of the freshmen that CBB has said will play this season.

flagstaffhog

I heard that Jordan Jones was so fast that it just messes you up....
Go HOGS Go!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ARtillahog on August 24, 2016, 08:25:24 pm
Jordan has been one of the freshmen that CBB has said will play this season.

One of several that will play and not necessarily at positions of need. The 2016 class is going to be something special in the long run.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: flagstaffhog on August 24, 2016, 08:27:33 pm
I heard that Jordan Jones was so fast that it just messes you up....
Made Tanner English cry

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 24, 2016, 08:30:11 pm
Made Tanner English cry

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.  I just can't take you seriously if you think someone is faster than Tanner English.  I mean we all know that Tanner English beat Usian Bolt in the 100m whilst running backwards.

MJ2

Unless he's injured, you get him on the field as much as possible.   Good things will happen.

Arthur pigby sellers.

He must be a ridiculous talent to get snaps as a true freshman on this team.

rljjr

If Tanner English had transferred to Georgia to play football he could have replaced AJ Green, who, by the way, was suspended during our game in 2010 in case anyone didn't know.

SPAL

Quote from: rljjr on August 25, 2016, 07:41:15 am
If Tanner English had transferred to Georgia to play football he could have replaced AJ Green, who, by the way, was suspended during our game in 2010 in case anyone didn't know.
Seems like I heard someone mention that. I was distracted, though. Some guy was blabbering on that Matt Jones once slept through a tornado while London Fletcher was on summer house.

MS_HogFan

I know that "Tanner English" is a joke but could someone explain it to me

I see it on here a lot
SOOIE

PigWig

Quote from: MS_HogFan on August 25, 2016, 08:17:27 am

I see it on here a lot
Arkansas was playing South Carolina in the CWS in baseball.  Carolina had a kid named Tanner English.  The announcers for the game had obviously done minimal homework and thus were talking about what limited player information they had ad nauseam.  This meant an entire broadcast for two games talking about how fast Tanner English was, just droning on and on about it until everyone was so sick of it that it became an internet meme.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Jordan Jones is perhaps Dominique Reed like for someone familiar with him?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Quote from: hog13hog on August 25, 2016, 12:41:27 am
Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.  I just can't take you seriously if you think someone is faster than Tanner English.  I mean we all know that Tanner English beat Usian Bolt in the 100m whilst running backwards.
I would like to see tanner or bolt punt a ball 52 yards and make the tackle after a 2 yard return.

ARtillahog

Quote from: 71832 on August 25, 2016, 08:42:46 am
I would like to see tanner or bolt punt a ball 52 yards and make the tackle after a 2 yard return.

Tanner would have caught his own punt. ;D

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: MS_HogFan on August 25, 2016, 08:17:27 am

I see it on here a lot

Former South Carolina baseball player. Wicked fast and guys calling their games would remind viewers of that fact 14 times an inning. It was nauseating.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: PigWig on August 25, 2016, 08:27:49 am
Arkansas was playing South Carolina in the CWS in baseball.  Carolina had a kid named Tanner English.  The announcers for the game had obviously done minimal homework and thus were talking about what limited player information they had ad nauseam.  This meant an entire broadcast for two games talking about how fast Tanner English was, just droning on and on about it until everyone was so sick of it that it became an internet meme.

Thanks
SOOIE

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 25, 2016, 08:35:04 am

?? ?? ??
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

bennyl08

Based off his highlights in HS, think more Amari Cooper.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 25, 2016, 02:27:35 pm
Based off his highlights in HS, think more Amari Cooper.

Thanks.
When I saw his weight, I thought Reed.
His response to me:

PeabodyHawg

Don't forget that Kramer Robertson is Kim Mulkey's son.....

bennyl08

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 25, 2016, 02:36:13 pm
Thanks.
When I saw his weight, I thought Reed.

He is already a lot stockier than Reed. 2 inches shorter and 10 pounds heavier. By next season he could easily be 195 based on our weight program. Cooper is now 6'1 (same height) and 210 pounds. He too was 6'1 183 coming out of HS.

But beyond the size comparison, Jones isn't not as fast as Reed. Still very fast though.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on August 25, 2016, 03:12:59 pm
She should have taught that poor bastage how to catch a relay. Not with your lips, bro..

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 25, 2016, 03:21:33 pm
He is already a lot stockier than Reed. 2 inches shorter and 10 pounds heavier. By next season he could easily be 195 based on our weight program. Cooper is now 6'1 (same height) and 210 pounds. He too was 6'1 183 coming out of HS.

But beyond the size comparison, Jones isn't not as fast as Reed. Still very fast though.

Oh yeah.
Most players at the speed positions will still pick up at least a few pounds as they develop.

BTW, I would be THRILLED with an Amari Cooper clone.

Thanks again.
His response to me:

jgphillips3

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 25, 2016, 03:21:33 pm

To be fair, almost no one is as fast as reed but Jones has legit speed.  Let's not forget he ran a 4.34 at our camp.  It may be a bit like arguing speed variance among Michael Smith, DMAC and Felix.  Sure, one is fastest but all are fast enough.  If there was no Reed on this team, Jones would probably be regarded as our best burner.

hogman64

Tanner English could have played for both Georgia and South Carolina on the same day at the same time in different cities , he was that fast.....

jchill

Did their teams play against each other in high school? I remember watching Reed's team play against Morgan's team in a high school playoff game. Reed's team had a huge halftime lead and end up losing on the final minutes at home. It was a good game, but Reed's coach became too conservative after they built a huge lead.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on August 25, 2016, 03:12:59 pm
Dude can stop a baseball with his teeth.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 26, 2016, 11:26:40 pm
Dude can stop a baseball with his teeth.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 25, 2016, 03:47:46 pm
She should have taught that poor bastage how to catch a relay. Not with your lips, bro..