Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Back up Quarterback is Ty Storey

Started by redbarn, August 24, 2016, 12:57:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 24, 2016, 04:58:29 pm
I mean, man, I don't think anyone really cares about what predictions people make on here. I guess it's important and memorable (for whatever reason) for the one who makes the prediction. It's like guys in the recruiting forum who say "I DUN TOLD YAWL HE WAS COMIN HERE." Like, congrats man, either he was or he wasn't, you had a 50/50 chance. I'm not gonna go hang out with my buddies and say "Y'all won't believe what razoredge178 predicted on Hogville."

Sorry to sound so sour but...I don't think anyone cares about someone being right or wrong on Hogville predictions...

True. Hard to do when you dont have any friends.

But seriously, if what you posted above is true why even post on or read a message board? I mean I come here for some news but mostly in order to discuss Hog related football topics and get other people's opinions on it. The guy you are quoting gave his opinion that a QB would transfer and people freaked out about it and got their panties all in a wad. It happens to me often as well. I think his point is why cant people just RESPECTFULLY disagree rather than getting all bent out of shape. Im sure the reason he brought it back up is because if hes going to get dogged for something then by God he's going to rub it in thier faces when he gets called out and he turns out to be right about his prediction, and I dont blame him

Ā 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 24, 2016, 11:15:25 pm
True. Hard to do when you dont have any friends.

But seriously, if what you posted above is true why even post on or read a message board? I mean I come here for some news but mostly in order to discuss Hog related football topics and get other people's opinions on it. The guy you are quoting gave his opinion that a QB would transfer and people freaked out about it and got their panties all in a wad. It happens to me often as well. I think his point is why cant people just RESPECTFULLY disagree rather than getting all bent out of shape. Im sure the reason he brought it back up is because if hes going to get dogged for something then by God he's going to rub it in thier faces when he gets called out and he turns out to be right about his prediction, and I dont blame him

Dogging is a sport unto itself!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: moses_007 on August 24, 2016, 05:48:35 pm
We all thought Ty would be our savior when he was recruited.  Then we thought Town was going to be the next Mallett.  Both have struggled to make the starting team, and I'm surprised that Kelley wasn't named the backup for this year.  Good for Ty, though.  I hope he can go out there and really produce when his number is called.

WTH!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 24, 2016, 04:43:30 pm
I feel like if AA got hurt bad enough it would be Ty's job unless he just couldn't get it done. True freshmen just aren't Qb's in the SEC.  TS almost has to be the best option at this point and CBB has been giving him some pretty high praise.  Unless he just steps in and lays a massive egg I feel like it's his job to lose if AA goes down.

Storey is probably getting more positive comments from coaches than AA did at any time last year yet people had already named AA heir apparent while now they are ready to send Storey packing and bring on the freshmen so he can take over from AA before the end of the first game.

Really people? Storey is a man and he has tremendous talent.  He's gonna fight for the job.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 25, 2016, 02:30:47 am
Storey is probably getting more positive comments from coaches than AA did at any time last year yet people had already named AA heir apparent while now they are ready to send Storey packing and bring on the freshmen so he can take over from AA before the end of the first game.

Really people? Storey is a man and he has tremendous talent.  He's gonna fight for the job.

People are upset that Storey went to a 2A school and that his throwing motion isnt textbook. In the words of Trey Biddy: "You never see a successful QB in the NFL with that type of throwing motion."

Well, Trey, good thing we arent trying to field an NFL QB and win the Super Bowl  ;)

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 25, 2016, 03:06:02 am
People are upset that Storey went to a 2A school and that his throwing motion isnt textbook. In the words of Trey Biddy: "You never see a successful QB in the NFL with that type of throwing motion."

Well, Trey, good thing we arent trying to field an NFL QB and win the Super Bowl  ;)

Storey grew up in a serious football culture with a successful football coach Dad.
Storey could have a funky throwing motion, I've never seen the guy.
I seriously doubt it's as bad as Trey seems to think.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: HognVA on August 24, 2016, 03:12:18 pm
I don't recall ever having this many QB's on the roster. Quite a difference from a few short years ago being forced to play AJ Derby at QB.
CBB is a master at never making the same mistake twice :razorback:

Pork Twain

Nice move by CBB and best of luck to AA and TS this year.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

SamBuckhart

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 25, 2016, 05:21:42 am
Storey grew up in a serious football culture with a successful football coach Dad.
Storey could have a funky throwing motion, I've never seen the guy.
I seriously doubt it's as bad as Trey seems to think.
A guy named Tebow had throwing motion funk. Trusting CDE to transform.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Pork Twain

Like they said about Tebow, all he does is win...

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Theolesnort

Isn't it amazing how the 2ND team or back up qb is the most popular topic on the board and we still have a #1 who really has not played yet but could very well come out and wow you once the season gets under way? Amazing might not be the word maybe we should try silliness.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

ricepig

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 25, 2016, 03:06:02 am

3A school.

Ā 

Theolesnort

Quote from: OutlawHawg on August 24, 2016, 01:01:04 pm
Jim Harris said he should just transfer since we have a good recruit coming in next year.
What the heck is that supposed to mean??? Is that facetious humor or is it an attack on Jim? We have high hopes going into the season and should be more civil right  now. Later when we may have a big disappointment come up, then in chagrin one might understand lashing out at something or someone in frustration, but not now.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Theolesnort on August 25, 2016, 07:24:11 am
Isn't it amazing how the 2ND team or back up qb is the most popular topic on the board and we still have a #1 who really has not played yet but could very well come out and wow you once the season gets under way? Amazing might not be the word maybe we should try silliness.
I think it is more, we have known for a while who #1 was going to be and who we thought was going to be #2, moved to #4 and transferred and now there is a new #2 and #3.

Theolesnort

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 25, 2016, 07:44:42 am
I think it is more, we have known for a while who #1 was going to be and who we thought was going to be #2, moved to #4 and transferred and now there is a new #2 and #3.
Yes but have we not all heard the old saying, "the 2nd team qb is the most popular player on the team." I guess my point is, that Allen's expected play excites me because he has the weapons around him to play with.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hoghiker on August 24, 2016, 01:11:34 pm
If Kelley is going to be the man next year, shouldn't he be getting prep and reps.

I think Kelley is actually going to get some snaps this year.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Theolesnort on August 25, 2016, 07:47:27 am
Yes but have we not all heard the old saying, "the 2nd team qb is the most popular player on the team." I guess my point is, that Allen's expected play excites me because he has the weapons around him to play with.
I think AA is going to be amazing over the next two years, but I am also excited that we have so much depth behind him that a 4/5* transfer from USC is #4 on our depth chart.

jjdlc

Storey went to 3A.  He has also made really good progress this fall.  I fully believe him being named #2 has as much to do with his progress as the desire to red shirt Kelley.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: SamBuckhart on August 25, 2016, 06:10:25 am
A guy named Tebow had throwing motion funk. Trusting CDE to transform.

My point is whether Trey is accurate with his assessment.
Why would two very successful football coaches (one his father; one a close friend to his family) allow him to have a terrible throwing motion?

Perfect maybe not.
Who's to say they are on the level of a high end college coach.....I don't know.

But terrible/funky?.

I find that hard to swallow.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Not for me.
I'm comfortable with AA until I have reason not to be.
All reports are similar to BA....Some differences but not necessarily major.
Comfortable in practice, a bit more emotional, accurate, etc.

At this point, only game time will show if he'll be fine or not.
I do expect more mistakes.
Otherwise, AA is a non-story to me in a good way.

Storey, Kelley, Town have much more interesting sub stories....Again, to me.
His response to me:

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 25, 2016, 08:10:57 am
My point is whether Trey is accurate with his assessment.
Why would two very successful football coaches (one his father; one a close friend to his family) allow him to have a terrible throwing motion?

Perfect maybe not.
Who's to say they are on the level of a high end college coach.....I don't know.

But terrible/funky?.

I find that hard to swallow.

So Storey has a lower release point due to his mechanics, what's the problem besides aesthetics?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 24, 2016, 06:52:30 pm
One year we had:

Gordon Norwood, Parade All-American, Freshman redshirt.

Jon Brittenum, past and future starter, future quarterbackin' man, future San Diego charger, redshirt junior.

Bill Gray, team captain, past starter, had thrown a 68 yard TD pass in the Sugar Bowl, rescued the game and season against Tulsa.

Ronnie South, future starter, would set the Hog career record for TD passes in one game, future New Orleans Saint, soph backup.

Fred Marshall, less heralded senior starter.

Turned out okay though, I guess.

I would say so, old #19 Freddy, seems like took us to 11-0 National Championship that year.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 25, 2016, 08:37:20 am
So Storey has a lower release point due to his mechanics, what's the problem besides aesthetics?

I'm going off a post I saw earlier.

Trey stated that Storey's throwing motion won't be found in the NFL.

I'm arguing that I'm having a hard time believing it's that bad for the reasons I listed.

I don't even know what he thinks is wrong with it.
I've not read anything about the finer points involving Storey at all.
I've never seen him play either.
His response to me:

Ā 

Hawgar The Horrible

August 25, 2016, 09:25:34 am #74 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:56:01 am by Hawgar The Horrible
Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 25, 2016, 09:15:54 am
I'm going off a post I saw earlier.

Trey stated that Storey's throwing motion won't be found in the NFL.

I'm arguing that I'm having a hard time believing it's that bad for the reasons I listed.

I don't even know what he thinks is wrong with it.
I've not read anything about the finer points involving Storey at all.
I've never seen him play either.

Now I understand. There's an idiot out there that believes one must have an NFL calibre throwing motion to be an effective collegiate QB.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: pondwater jack on August 24, 2016, 01:11:09 pm
Don't write Ty Storeys obitiary just yet as far as the coming years.  He don't have a flair for the dramatic. He does have one talent though....winning when people think that he shouldn't.  Pencil Kelley in if you want for next year.  Just make sure you use that red pencil over there...the one you just used a few weeks ago to write about Ricky Towns. The same one you used to write about rafe 2 years back. That one with the eraser.

J Holly Blasingame, II
What would Ty's history of winning when they aren't supposed to be?  He was out of the game by the 4th quarter almost his entire high school career.  In the vernacular of Fearless Friday they "motor boated other teams".  Ty's high school career did not prepare him to deal with adversity.

razorbrass

All I know is in those highlights he can hit a target on the run, scramble, and extend plays all of which our QB will need to be able to do this year.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

ricepig

Quote from: razorbrass on August 25, 2016, 09:44:48 am
All I know is in those highlights he can hit a target on the run, scramble, and extend plays all of which our QB will need to be able to do this year.

If he, or any of them can do that against SEC defense's, we'll be alright.

KlubhouseKonnected

Well people like to talk about new stuff. Having a #2 QB is new. Would starting another thread titled "Predict Again How Awesome Austin Allen Will Play!" make you feel any better?  You would get to see round 502 of the same people, saying they will take a wait and see approach before calling Allen "awesome", being attacked by the same people declaring anything less than an oath of fealty to Austin is "bashing".

There will be 3 guys from the Charleston area there to claim that Storey is better and will be the starter by the end of the season.

Huh? Will that help?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Memhogs

Who knows. Maybe if AA gets hurt then Ty could make the same appearance that Tyler Wilson did that one Saturday against burn.
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

hogsanity

Quote from: razorbrass on August 25, 2016, 09:44:48 am

Yes, but it was against, usually, undersized and slow competition. He was a man among boys most nights of his HS career going back to his very 1st start.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

daprospecta

Quote from: Memhogs on August 25, 2016, 11:19:12 am
Who knows. Maybe if AA gets hurt then Ty could make the same appearance that Tyler Wilson did that one Saturday against burn.
I still get goosebumps about that game. Tyler came in slinging that ball all around the field!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 25, 2016, 09:26:09 am
What would Ty's history of winning when they aren't supposed to be?  He was out of the game by the 4th quarter almost his entire high school career.  In the vernacular of Fearless Friday they "motor boated other teams".  Ty's high school career did not prepare him to deal with adversity.

This isn't completely accurate. During the state playoffs he ended up playing both ways QB and lb to help his team win. Never left the field and they won some competitive games.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on August 25, 2016, 11:44:48 am
Yes, but it was against, usually, undersized and slow competition. He was a man among boys most nights of his HS career going back to his very 1st start.

Do you feel the same way about Jordan Jones who Storry best for the state title?

Suggesting any player on the team isn't good enough simply because of the size school he went to is player bashing isn't it?

He played his entire career with the sons(3)of a good friend, I doubt he though he was a man among boys since all three were bigger than him.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 25, 2016, 12:15:38 pm
This isn't completely accurate. During the state playoffs he ended up playing both ways QB and lb to help his team win. Never left the field and they won some competitive games.
That's it.  Storey to Linebacker.

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 25, 2016, 01:00:56 pm
Do you feel the same way about Jordan Jones who Storry best for the state title?

Suggesting any player on the team isn't good enough simply because of the size school he went to is player bashing isn't it?

He played his entire career with the sons(3)of a good friend, I doubt he though he was a man among boys since all three were bigger than him.

That is why I said "most nights". I called baseball games of his, and he was just physically about 7 years more mature looking than anyone else on the field, and from what I saw of him in HS, either live or on film, he looked the same there too.

But my entire point was to the person who was talking about watching film and seeing that TS can make throws on the run. In a vast majority of cases in Charlestons classification he was doing that against slower smaller defenders.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Lake City Hog

He has been making the throws against OUR defense all spring and fall so maybe your theory doesn't hold much water???

What is it about Arkansas fans that keeps them dead-set against Arkansas boys?

daBoar

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 25, 2016, 07:53:18 am
I think AA is going to be amazing over the next two years, but I am also excited that we have so much depth behind him that a 4/5* transfer from USC is #4 on our depth chart.
By some accounts, Town was the #2 rated drop back QB coming out of high school.  I guess he could have been over-rated, but for some to think he was chopped liver is silly.  QB in the SEC West, especially for a CBB offense, is not an easy thing.  Town is still just a red-shirt frosh.  I, too, like to think the Hogs QB situation is deep and growing.

ricepig

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 25, 2016, 07:50:22 pm

Same mindset the keeps the other half thinking it has to be a player from Arkansas, lol.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 25, 2016, 02:12:04 pm
That's it.  Storey to Linebacker.

/thread  :)

Congratulations to Ty Storey....prepare and prepare well, you are one play away from being the man.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: ricepig on August 25, 2016, 07:26:29 am
3A school.

True. Props. They were 2A before the classification expansion.

I see it as kind of the same thing though......3/7A is the same as 2/5A in my book.

Elrod

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 25, 2016, 10:26:18 pm
True. Props. They were 2A before the classification expansion.

I see it as kind of the same thing though......3/7A is the same as 2/5A in my book.

Check his whole high school record.  I believe Ty and his team beat every 4 & 5A teams they played.

hogsanity

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 25, 2016, 07:50:22 pm
He has been making the throws against OUR defense all spring and fall so maybe your theory doesn't hold much water???

You've seen practice? You know he has been making throws on the run across his body, or running for 10-15 yards? Because that is what he did a lot in HS.

I have nothing against Arkansas kids, but I do not suffer from hometownheroitis either. Most Ar HS football is not very good when compared to other states where most SEC players come from. TS may go on to become a nfl QB, but it will not be due to the competition he faced in HS.

Pudgepork

Biddy exaggerated when he said you'd never see a throwing motion
like that in the pros.  That's a given because over the years we've
seen pro qbs with poor mechanics.  They get there despite the poor
technique by winning.  Having talent around them helps.
Bret Farve threw from any point possible to throw from.  It was
his style and he made it work

Does TS have a bad throwing motion?   I dunno. It's the first
that I've heard of it. Just win

pondwater jack

Quote from: Pudgepork on August 26, 2016, 08:44:16 am
Biddy exaggerated when he said you'd never see a throwing motion
like that in the pros.  That's a given because over the years we've
seen pro qbs with poor mechanics.  They get there despite the poor
technique by winning.  Having talent around them helps.
Bret Farve threw from any point possible to throw from.  It was
his style and he made it work

Does TS have a bad throwing motion?   I dunno. It's the first
that I've heard of it. Just win
Chaney changed his throwing motion.  Hes still working on fixin it.  So im told.
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 25, 2016, 09:14:01 pm
/thread  :)

Congratulations to Ty Storey....prepare and prepare well, you are one play away from being the man.
Seriously though.  His old high school coach says he could have been as good at linebacker as he was at QB.  But that goes back to the fact that physically Ty has been 5 years ahead of most kids his age since he 12.

hogcam

Biddy is correct about his throwing motion.  His throwing motion changed from high school.  He is trying to fix it now and has made progress.  Last spring during practice, he had a BAD hitch in his throwing motion.

pondwater jack

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 26, 2016, 09:04:32 am
Seriously though.  His old high school coach says he could have been as good at linebacker as he was at QB.  But that goes back to the fact that physically Ty has been 5 years ahead of most kids his age since he 12.
Kendrick or Loughridge?
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Elrod

Quote from: pondwater jack on August 26, 2016, 09:07:16 am
Kendrick or Loughridge?

TY finished HS early and had Spring practice with the Razerbacks.

The Kig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 25, 2016, 02:19:54 am
Dogging is a sport unto itself!

LOL... Thinking that might have gone right over some peoples head. 
Poker Porker