Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your SEC Predictions

Started by widespreadsooie, August 24, 2016, 12:15:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

widespreadsooie

This is something I like to do each season for fun, predictions below...what are yours?

SECW:

1. Bama 11-1 (7-1)
2. Hogs 9-3 (5-3)
3. A&M 8-4 (5-3)
4. LSU 9-3 (5-3)
5. OM 8-4 (5-3)
6. AUB 7-5 (4-4)
7. MS St. 6-6 (3-5)

SECE:
1. FL 9-3 (6-2)
2. UGA 8-4 (5-3)
3. TN 9-3 (5-3)
4. MIZ 5-7 (2-6)
5. VAN 6-6 (2-6)
6. KY 3-9 (1-7)
7. SC 3-9 (1-7)

Michael_E_Davis

I don't know about any of the other teams,  but I am predicting 6-6 for the hogs.  Our only three SEC wins are Auburn, Mississippi St. and Missouri.  As much as I love the razorbacks,  I just don't have a great feeling about this season.  I would love to be proven wrong though!!!
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on August 24, 2016, 12:55:08 pm
I don't know about any of the other teams,  but I am predicting 6-6 for the hogs.  Our only three SEC wins are Auburn, Mississippi St. and Missouri.  As much as I love the razorbacks,  I just don't have a great feeling about this season.  I would love to be proven wrong though!!!

I'm a bit of homer but don't see any way we are swept at home in conference, even with the caliber of opponents. I have our losses going against Bama, OM, and Auburn.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogcard1964

1. Bama 10-2 (6-2)
2. LSU 9-3 (6-2)
3. Ole Pee 8-4 (5-3)
4. Hogs 7-5 (4-4)
5. Texas A&M 7-5 (4-4)
6. Auburn 6-6 (4-4)
7. Miss St. 5-7 (2-6)

SECE:
1. Tenner 10-2 (7-1)
2. UGA 8-4 (5-3)
3. Florida 7-5 (4-4)
4. Kentucky 6-6 (2-6)
5. Mizzou 6-6 (2-6)
6. Vandy 4-8 (1-7)
7. SC 3-9 (1-7)

Smalltownhog95

I still think we beat LSU again. They're overhyped once again with the same QB situation. Coach B is 2-1 against LSU since he got here and his worst team nearly beat them. We finish with 8 or 9 wins.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on August 24, 2016, 06:22:04 pm
I still think we beat LSU again. They're overhyped once again with the same QB situation. Coach B is 2-1 against LSU since he got here and his worst team nearly beat them. We finish with 8 or 9 wins.

With you on LSU. Not sure how the national media can continue to pimp LSU with Brandon Harris proving zero thus far in his college career.

hamstring

HogPharmer

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 24, 2016, 06:40:45 pm
With you on LSU. Not sure how the national media can continue to pimp LSU with Brandon Harris proving zero thus far in his college career.

I agree. Although, WHEN we own them AGAIN, it'll make the victory that much better.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

go hogues

WEST
Ole Miss
LSU
Bama
A&M
Auburn
Arkansas
MSU

EAST
Tenn
Florida
Georgia
Vandy
UK
Mizzou
SC

I think we go 6-6 with SEC wins against Mizzou, MSU and Florida.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

WooPigFarm

With a bye week before us, Ole miss will still be bruised and battered from Fl st, Bama, etc...

Bama 10-2
Hogs 9-3
whatever
whatever
whatever
whatever
Ole Piss 1-11

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: go hogues on August 24, 2016, 07:04:45 pm
WEST
Ole Miss
LSU
Bama
A&M
Auburn
Arkansas
MSU

EAST
Tenn
Florida
Georgia
Vandy
UK
Mizzou
SC

I think we go 6-6 with SEC wins against Mizzou, MSU and Florida.
If this happens, it will mark a major set-back in the Bielema era and will thrust him on the warm seat....let's hope this doesn't come to fruition....only 6 wins while getting LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss and Florida at Fayetteville ? not good, not good at all...we must win 7 games at least and likely more during the regular season to consider the season as not a letdown year...the schedule, although not easy, will never get any easier with those 4 games in Fayetteville
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

a0ashle

For anyone who wants to do full SEC records I believe the total # of wins of all SEC teams should add up to 56.

Check my math in case I goofed:
14 teams
8 conference games
2 teams per game
56 SEC games in a season.
56 winners and 56 losers.

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: HogPharmer on August 24, 2016, 06:43:31 pm
I agree. Although, WHEN we own them AGAIN, it'll make the victory that much better.
They're going to regret dumping us for A&M. Maybe this one sided rivalry will get better if we build a nice winning streak on them.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

82abn Ard

I think we beat Bama and A&m this year  Not sure about LSU and will take OL Piss and Miss State as well

GoHogs1091

West

LSU  (1 loss, that occurring at Florida)
Alabama  (2 losses, those occurring at LSU and at Tennessee; can't totally recover from losing Assistant Coach Mel Tucker, and losing DB/KR Cyrus Jones)
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Auburn  (probable Head Coach search after season)

East

Tennessee  (their recruiting results finally starts to overcome Butch Jones' less than stellar coaching)
Georgia  (despite having a Head Coach with zero experience; having an excellent Assistant Coach, Mel Tucker, perhaps the best Assistant Coach in the SEC will be huge for them)
Florida
Kentucky  (not an easy place to win; basically just a basketball school; Mark Stoops may have been the best hire of the new SEC hires in 2012)
South Carolina
Missouri
Vanderbilt

go hogues

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 24, 2016, 07:18:14 pm
If this happens, it will mark a major set-back in the Bielema era and will thrust him on the warm seat....let's hope this doesn't come to fruition....only 6 wins while getting LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss and Florida at Fayetteville ? not good, not good at all...we must win 7 games at least and likely more during the regular season to consider the season as not a letdown year...the schedule, although not easy, will never get any easier with those 4 games in Fayetteville
I just don't see more than about five sure wins on this schedule. I give them the sixth because they will be driven, no doubt but I think there are far too many questions.
We assume we will be better because of new additions and leadership but every other SEC team we face can say the same and all have recruited at a higher level, save for Mizzou.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

widespreadsooie

Quote from: a0ashle on August 24, 2016, 07:18:43 pm
For anyone who wants to do full SEC records I believe the total # of wins of all SEC teams should add up to 56.

Check my math in case I goofed:
14 teams
8 conference games
2 teams per game
56 SEC games in a season.
56 winners and 56 losers.

That's correct

RME

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: go hogues on August 24, 2016, 09:34:29 pm
I just don't see more than about five sure wins on this schedule. I give them the sixth because they will be driven, no doubt but I think there are far too many questions.
We assume we will be better because of new additions and leadership but every other SEC team we face can say the same and all have recruited at a higher level, save for Mizzou.
You prove my point...these new player additions are all CBB's...this is his team now after 4 years and this year will be on Bielema....don't get me wrong, I like Bret and hope he attains all the goals he has set here at the UA....but we can't be taking steps backward unless we plan on being 7-5 every year...after a while 7-5 with a minor bowl win just won't cut it...are we Mississippi St or are we Arkansas ?  6-6, as you predict, doesn't get all the improvements to Razorback stadium....6-6 is congruent to lower tier SEC because usually we have a winning non-conference record...enough said, 6-6 just won't cut it
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Pork-n-Boots

My predictions are as follows:

WEST
Alabama 11-1, 7-1
Arkansas, 9-3, 6-2
LSU, 9-3, 5-3
aTm 8-4,4-4
Ole Miss 7-5, 4-4
MSU 5-7, 2-6
Auburn 5-7, 1-7

EAST
Tennessee 10-2, 6-2
Georgia 9-3, 6-2
Florida 7-5, 4-4
Vanderbilt 6-6, 3-5
South Carolina 4-8, 3-5
Missouri 3-9, 3-5
Kentucky 4-8, 2-6

Tennessee wins EAST due to beating Georgia head-to-head. Alabama beats Tennessee to win SEC.
Hogs go to Citrus Bowl in Orlando to face CBB's alma mater Iowa. Two coaches, Mark Stoops at UK and Gus Malzahn get FIRED. Barners hire Art Briles as replacement.

GuvHog

SECW:

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Arkansas
4. A&M
5. Ole Miss
6. Auburn
7. Miss State

SECE:
1. Tennessee
2. Georgia
3. Florida
4. Kentucky
5. Vanderbilt
6. Missouri
7. SC
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Andrew Hogfan

Arkansas
Bama
LSU
Ole Miss
Miss St
A&M
Auburn

Georgia
Tenn
Florida
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Missouri
South Car
WPS!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: go hogues on August 24, 2016, 09:34:29 pm

No, we assume we will be better because we return 9 players on defense and have corrected some coaching issues that were on that side of the ball last year. If this team finishes only 6-6 with that many returning starters on defense and a better defensive secondary coach there are serious coaching issues on the hill. I just don't see them losing that many games.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

alohawg

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on August 26, 2016, 02:47:17 pm
Arkansas
Bama
LSU
Ole Miss
Miss St
A&M
Auburn

Georgia
Tenn
Florida
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Missouri
South Car

I'll roll with this, hogs national Cinderella to face UGA in Atlanta for an epic opportunity.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

swineology

Bama
LSU
Hogs
aTm
Ole Piss
Allbarn
State

Tenn
UGA
Florida
Vandy
Mizzou
Kentucky
USCe

Bogghawg

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on August 24, 2016, 07:27:43 pm
They're going to regret dumping us for A&M. Maybe this one sided rivalry will get better if we build a nice winning streak on them.
Guess what our series record verses LSU is in the past 10 years of this "one sided rivalry"?

(hint: one of the teams has 5 wins)
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

NaturalStateReb

Bama
Ole Miss
LSU
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Auburn
State

Tennessee
Georgia
Florida
Kentucky
South Carolina
Vandy
Missouri
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jlhogfan

Hogs 1; Bama 7th in West.  My perfect season

Dominicanhog

a&m.. 9-3..6-2
:razorback: 9-3..5-3
Tidy.. 8-4..5-3
LSU..7-5..4-4
OM...7-5..4-4
gus..6-6.. 3-5
mistake..?? 1-7

UF  5-3 sec
UT
UK
UGA
Vandy
SC
UM 1-7 sec

regi

East

Vols
UF
UK - my suprise team
Dawgs- could be worse...
Vandy
Cocks
Mizzou

West:

Bama-but not over confident
Hogs-we have LSU's #
LSU
Aggies- could be worse
Rebs- last non probation team for a while
State- low talent, other than DL.
AU- Gus will take a big High School job 2017

SEC WEST:  Bama--LSU--with ARK, Aub, & A&M tied for 3rd, OM and Miss St.

SEC EAST:  TN-- FLA-- GEO--KY--SC--MO--VANDY

Surprises could be KY, SC, and Aub
Teams that tank could be TN, A&M, OM & ARK

RazorbackBassist

1. Bama 9-3 (6-8)
2. Hogs8-5 (5-3)
3. A&M 8-4 (5-3)
4. LSU 9-3 (5-3)
5. OM 8-4 (5-3)
6. AUB 7-5 (4-4)
7. MS St. 6-6 (3-5)

SECE:
1.Tn 9-3 (6-2)
2. UGA 8-4 (5-3)
3. Fl 9-3 (5-3)
4. MIZ 5-7 (2-6)
5. VAN 6-6 (2-6)
6. KY 3-9 (1-7)
7. SC 3-9 (1-7)

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on August 26, 2016, 02:47:17 pm
Arkansas
Bama
LSU
Ole Miss
Miss St
A&M
Auburn

Georgia
Tenn
Florida
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Missouri
South Car

I love...... and wholeheartedly agree with your prediction......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Hog N Bama

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 24, 2016, 06:40:45 pm
Harris always looks totally confused. Les is crazy to have not done something different.

Biggus Piggus

Think we have way overdone it with the "realism" around here. Nobody should be thinking 6-6, and it is common.
[CENSORED]!

lefty08

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 27, 2016, 10:15:11 pm
Think we have way overdone it with the "realism" around here. Nobody should be thinking 6-6, and it is common.

I say there is no way this team goes 6-6
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!