Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best news from August practices

Started by Biggus Piggus, August 24, 2016, 09:07:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

daBoar

The Best news from August practices............

Of all the various stories and posts about Razorback football as the team prepares for the 2016 season, this represents one of my favorite subjects and points.  It addresses many of the concerns we had back in March.

AA looks like the real thing.  There's now speed at the rush end. There's speed and quickness in the offensive backfield.  The defense is better prepared for Spread offenses.  The WRs remain healthy and deep.  And, there's growth at Safety. 

Another poster intimated Froholdt appearing to be potentially perfect for OG, this season. Clearly, another angle I want to watch. 

I see why the outside pundits envision 5th or 6th place in the SEC West, but I also see why the coaches are pumped.  So am I.

razorbacker3

I think we made a HUGE upgrade in the Oline. Pittman was a great recruiter and good coach, but I believe CKA is better. In all facets.
Even with just 2 starters back, the addition of Raulerson is like having another starter. He has played a lot of college football and can play multiple positions. Hjalte has held onto the left guard position since he was put there and has been called the best pulling lineman on the team. Strong as an ox and mobile. The only real question mark to me is right tackle. There we have Jackson, Merritt and Wallace, all potential stars. Zach Rogers can play guard or center and Ragnow can be an All-SEC center. Skipper is the leader on the Oline and is set for an AA year. The Oline play will be the difference in the great year we will have.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

August 28, 2016, 11:54:01 am #52 Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 12:05:07 pm by OTR
I wish I had a chance to watch as many practices as the experts on hogville so I could give a summation of August practices that thorough and accurate.

ricepig

Quote from: OTR on August 28, 2016, 11:54:01 am
I wish I had to to watch as many practices as the experts on hogville so I could give a summation of August practices that thorough and accurate.

If you give enough to the RF, you can watch about every practice, or so I hear.