Bama (L)
Ole Miss (L)
Auburn (W)
Florida (W)
LSU (L)
MSU ( W)
Mizzou (W)

7-5
probably the most likely, but hoping this is the year were things fall into place.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 12, 2016, 04:34:35 pm
Preseason top 25:

1. Alabama
5. LSU
19. Ole Miss
20. TCU

Anybody know why LSU's supposed to jump up to No. 5 this season? Oh yeah, Brandon Harris is finally good.

If our team could be as good in September as it will be in November, picking outcomes would be easier. I don't believe the Hogs will be as good the second week of September as they will be later on. And the road trip to Auburn is our eighth game without a break, coming right after Alabama and Ole Miss.

We might not be as good as we will be later but I do think we start stronger than we have in the past mainly because a specific player who I won't name is being replaced.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hog19911 on August 12, 2016, 12:25:56 am
La Tech (W)
TCU (L)
Texas state (W)
A'M (L)
Alcorn (W)
Bama (L)
Ole Miss (L)
Auburn (W)
Florida (W)
LSU (L)
MSU ( W)
Mizzou (W)

7-5
This prediction is as realistic as it gets. Still hoping we shock the college football world though.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 12, 2016, 02:38:10 pm
How would you rate the schedule difficulty, from best to worst?

Alabama = L
LSU = W
*Texas A&M = L
Ole Miss = W
@ TCU = L
Florida = W
@ Auburn = L
@ Miss St = W
@ Mizzou = W
La Tech = W
Texas St = W
Alcorn St = W

My thought is that home vs. road will make a great difference this season.
You can change the picks when game one is about to start. Heck, I might revisit my picks myself...lol

hogcard1964

La Tech = W
@ TCU = L
Texas St = W
Texas A&M = L
Alcorn St = W
Alabama = L
Ole Miss = W
@Auburn = L
Florida = W
LSU = W
@ Miss St = L
Mizzou = W

Another up and down year
7-5, at best 8-4

4-4 in conference

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 16, 2016, 10:19:00 am
La Tech = W
@ TCU = L
Texas St = W
Texas A&M = L
Alcorn St = W
Alabama = L
Ole Miss = W
@Auburn = L
Florida = W
LSU = W
@ Miss St = L
Mizzou = W

Another up and down year
7-5, at best 8-4

4-4 in conference
I'm sorry, I just don't see Miss St beating us this year. Or Missouri for that matter.

ua_hogs

La Tech = W
@ TCU = L
Texas St = W
Texas A&M = W
Alcorn St = W
Alabama = W
Ole Miss = L
@Auburn = L
Florida = L
LSU = W
@ Miss St = W
Mizzou = W

8-4 Total
5-3 Conference

We find a way to finally break through against Alabama but struggle with the next three games and finish strong.  Honestly have no idea how this season plays out, I could see us going 6-6 or 10-2. 

Youngsta71701

Honestly have no idea how this season plays out, I could see us going 6-6 or 10-2.
[/quote]
+1,  :-\

Rison Razor Hog

My best WAG:

La Tech = W
@ TCU = W
Texas St = W
Texas A&M = W
Alcorn St = W
Alabama = W, Saban is surprised by us in Fayetteville.
Ole Miss = L, this will be the annual one we should win, but somehow come up short, possibly some post-Alabama win letdown.
@Auburn = W, Gus' bus has all four tires blow out.
Florida = W, finally get over our SEC woes against these guys
LSU = L, we have been pretty awesome against these guys recently, but I think they get a squeaker like 24-21 or 31-28 hard fought close win over us.
@ Miss St = W
Mizzou = W

That's 10-2 for me, and I think we win our bowl against any comer, for 11-2 at season's end.
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

bennyl08

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 12, 2016, 04:34:35 pm
Preseason top 25:

1. Alabama
5. LSU
19. Ole Miss
20. TCU

Anybody know why LSU's supposed to jump up to No. 5 this season? Oh yeah, Brandon Harris is finally good.

If our team could be as good in September as it will be in November, picking outcomes would be easier. I don't believe the Hogs will be as good the second week of September as they will be later on. And the road trip to Auburn is our eighth game without a break, coming right after Alabama and Ole Miss.

LSU's success has historically been tied to returning talent. Sounds obvious I know, but hear me out.

year   wins  LSU draft picks that year (i.e. from season before) (in parenthesis, # of top 2 round picks) (offense/defense/st)
2016: ???    5 (1)  2/3  (0/1)
2015: 9-3    4 (1)  1/3 (0/1)
2014: 8-5   9  (4)  7/2  (3/1)
2013: 10-3  9 (3)  1/8  (0/3)
2012: 10-3  5  (3)  1/4  (1/2)
2011: 13-1  6  (1)  2/4  (0/1)
2010: 11-2  6  (0)  3/3
2009: 9-4   6  (1)  3/3  (0/1)
2008: 8-5   7  (1)  4/3  (0/1)
2007: 12-2  5  (4)  3/2  (3/1)
2006: 11-2  7  (2)  4/3  (2/0)
2005: 11-2  3  (2)  0/3  (0/2)
2004: 9-3   7  (3)  4/2/1 (2/1)
2003: 13-1  4  (0) 2/2 

So, 2003, they lost almost nothing, came back and had a powerful year. They lost a good amount of talent after that season on offense, defense, and ST, and earned 4 fewer victories the next season. Then, they only lost 3 players, and rebounded to an 11 win season. They proceeded to lose 7 players next year, but the impact was mostly on offense with the high talent so they were able to win 11 games again. That season they lose 5, but again, most of the high level talent lost was on offense and they proceeded to win 12. That year, lost 7 more players and at that point, 19 players drafted over 3 seasons with 8 first round picks became too much. 2 sub 10 win seasons followed that resulted in 12 total picks, but only 1 pick in the first 2 rounds. That two years of recoup saw a rebound to 11 wins more defensive talent lost, but still only 1 pick in the top 2 rounds. That buildup of depth and talent led to another 13 win season followed by 3 picks in the top 2 rounds. That dropped the team talent down to a 10 win season. There, the team was absolutely gutted on defense by the draft but kept almost all of the offensive talent. However, next season, the offense preceded to lose an incredible amount of talent. Now, they have had two seasons where their draft picks have been relatively minimal (9 picks over last two years, 3 offense, 6 defense, only 2 picks in the top 2 rounds with none actually in the first round).

This is a team that has traditionally just reloaded year after year and now it has accumulated talent, depth, and experience at virtually every position. Do they have an amazing quarterback? No. Have they won 13 games with the likes of Jordan Jefferson and Jarret Lee? Yes they have, when they have a backlog of players overflowing with depth. Further, that was Harris's first year really starting. Lot of teams out there looked at BA and thought less about him than they do Harris before he turned it on. Not saying Harris is going to have that type of year, just pointing out that players are dynamic and by far the vast majority improve from year to year.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Dionysos25

TCU and Bama are the only games that really scare me.. Maybe Ole Miss simply because they have the best QB in the league, as much as I don't like the guy.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

razorbackkid

Quote from: elksnort on August 11, 2016, 09:25:16 pm
Just beat Florida..

:)

If our only wins are against Florida, Bama, A&M, LSU, Auburn and Ole Miss I'll be satisfied to a degree.

Throw in a bowl victory vs. Texas, Fla. St., USC-W or Michigan and I'd inpregnant my wife.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Arkamedes

I predict we finish 14-0 but, due to an obscure tiebreaker rule, we finish fourth in the SEC West.  ??? ;)
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

razorbackkid

Quote from: Arkamedes on August 17, 2016, 01:10:39 am
I predict we finish 14-0 but, due to an obscure tiebreaker rule, we finish fourth in the SEC West.  ??? ;)

And the rule gets changed the next year leaving the Hogs with the same familiar taste of '64.

:)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

LZH

For whatever reason, Petrino's teams usually did very well against spread offenses. Bielema has built quite a bit of depth defensively, so I would not expect us to have the problems with those offenses like we have the past couple of years before RS. I still say we win 9 or 10 games this year. Yes, I just said that out loud.

jkstock04

Louisiana Tech (W)

@ TCU (L)

Texas St. (W)

@ Texas A&M (L)

Alcorn St. (W)

Alabama (L)

Mississippi (L)

@ Auburn (L)

Florida (W)

LSU (L)

@ Mississippi St. (W)

@ Missouri (W)

6-6 Overall
3-5 Conference

Calling the upset over Florida. Would be satisfying to finally get a W over them.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogcard1964

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 16, 2016, 10:57:53 am
I'm sorry, I just don't see Miss St beating us this year. Or Missouri for that matter.

Missouri won't.

DEVIL DOG HOG

It has been posted on Hogville that TA&M is a dumpster fire. Now some those same posters are predicting a loss to them. Why?
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on August 18, 2016, 03:28:13 pm
It has been posted on Hogville that TA&M is a dumpster fire. Now some those same posters are predicting a loss to them. Why?
Good question. Why? Is it the spread offense?

Youngsta71701

The season is getting pretty close. Keep them coming.

RazorbackBassist

Louisiana Tech (W)

@ TCU (l)

Texas St. (W)

@ Texas A&M (W)

Alcorn St. (W)

Alabama (L)

Mississippi (w)

@ Auburn (W)

Florida (W)

LSU (w)

@ Mississippi St. (W)

@ Missouri (W)
10-2 Over all
7-1 Sec

TheRazorback500

La Tech = W
@ TCU = W
Texas St = W
Texas A&M = L
Alcorn St = W
Alabama = L
Ole Miss = L
@Auburn = W
Florida = L
LSU = L
@ Miss St = W
Mizzou = W
7-5

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Tejano Jawg

I want to say 9-3. It's when I have to assign WHERE those losses are...that gets hard, because I hate to admit it. Or even worse, if I had to come up with 4 losses, or 5, which is more common in this thread.

Here are the candidates:
-TCU—if we don't win this, it's because the Frogs have been better than us, longer. They'll know better how to play early in the season. Can the Hogs get it together in September this year?
-Texas Aggies—I think we beat them, but they have been very lucky the past 2 years. Can that continue? Hopefully no.
-Bama—of course you have to say they'll be favored by everyone in the known universe. We should have won comfortably 2 years ago. Played them pretty well last year. Their streak is going to end...sometime. This year, we will have the better QB. Maybe the better offense. We're at home (just think if we were undefeated by this game.) Can our D keep us in it?
-Ole Miss—we've won the last 2, so I'm worried.
-Auburn—I'm worried here too. It comes down to our D.
-Florida—many will pick them, just because of history. We should take care of business.
-LSU—same as Ole Miss...we've had their number lately. Can we keep it up? Can we contain their big back again?

So, it disturbs me greatly to single out these 3 as possible losses (especially because 2 of them are in Fayetteville):
-Ole Miss
-Auburn
-LSU
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Youngsta71701

It's game week! Let the predictions start pouring in. WooPig!!  :razorback:

Youngsta71701

Anybody or maybe everybody wanna change their game by game predictions?