Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Finally At The Top-(of the hot seat listing)

Started by hogcard1964, September 25, 2017, 08:02:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

island hog

bet you couldn't wait to put that out there!  Congratulations!!

hogcard1964

Well yea, I enjoy being the laughing stock of not only the SEC, but also college football in its entirety.   ???

jst01

but no one outside of Hogville is mad. The anger and crazy expectations only exists here and I doubt any normal fan feels like there is a problem with the head coach...

ricepig

HardCore

Congratulations to BB!  Finally found something in which he can come out on top!  Catching some of the winning spirit there.....
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

bluegrassboy75

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 08:56:01 am
I still think Sumlin is gone.
I agree. And if Hogs finish 3-5 or worse, I'll be shocked if Bielema is head coach at Arkansas past early December.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Tweeter

twistitup

Wisky is laughing their collective arsses off...

#karma
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Tweeter

BB is gone....just a matter of time.  I'm more concerned that Jeffery will be allowed to hire the next coach.  If he is allowed we are screwed.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 08:56:01 am
I still think Sumlin is gone.

I agree with you.  Going to OT and winning didn't help his cause that much in Aggieland.

hogcard1964

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on September 25, 2017, 09:11:55 am
I agree with you.  Going to OT and winning didn't help his cause that much in Aggieland.

Both of those coaches had time management issues Saturday.  Bert's was at the end of the first half in walking away from points and Sumlin's was not calling timeouts in the last minute.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Tweeter on September 25, 2017, 09:10:01 am
BB is gone....just a matter of time.  I'm more concerned that Jeffery will be allowed to hire the next coach.  If he is allowed we are screwed.

Everyone with a functioning brain should be thinking exactly the same thing.  Long cannot be allowed to hire another coach.  We would have better luck putting ten names on pieces of paper and picking the one a dog paws at first.

tzthib

Quote from: jst01 on September 25, 2017, 08:13:57 am
but no one outside of Hogville is mad. The anger and crazy expectations only exists here and I doubt any normal fan feels like there is a problem with the head coach...

This is sarcasm, right? Sometimes I can't tell.

Grag T

LOL, I assure you that is 100% false.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

bkjbearcat

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Razor1997

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 25, 2017, 08:58:21 am
I agree. And if Hogs finish 3-5 or worse, I'll be shocked if Bielema is head coach at Arkansas past early December.

Surely they'd wait until January 2 to save $4 million?

HawgTrough

I doubt Bielema coaches again. His offers would be limited, he's already made and still will be making a pile of money. He has the personality to take a cush job in the booth while living off Razorback money comfortably, the rest of his life
WPS

rhames

Quote from: Razor1997 on September 25, 2017, 10:06:36 am

No. Programs don't wait to fire someone for a month. If he is gone it will be the Monday after the mizzou game at the latest.

I still only see that happening if we are like In total collapse.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

MountieDawg

That Hot Seat wont work for CBB... He needs something bigger.
SEC!

bkjbearcat

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 25, 2017, 10:08:42 am
I doubt Bielema coaches again. His offers would be limited, he's already made and still will be making a pile of money. He has the personality to take a cush job in the booth while living off Razorback money comfortably, the rest of his life

He can go to a MAC school and finish the rest of his career there. Maybe a Mountain West school if he's lucky.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

twistitup

Quote from: bkjbearcat on September 25, 2017, 10:11:31 am
He can go to a MAC school and finish the rest of his career there. Maybe a Mountain West school if he's lucky.

He can take Enos with him to his next wonderful Gig

I came to win the MAC....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on September 25, 2017, 10:09:47 am

No. Programs don't wait to fire someone for a month. If he is gone it will be the Monday after the mizzou game at the latest.

I still only see that happening if we are like In total collapse.

Correct, if we are paying, $4m won't be the hold up.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Razor1997 on September 25, 2017, 10:06:36 am
$4 mil isn't worth missing 30 or so days of recruiting assuming they have the new hire lined up and ready to go.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

gchamblee

He deserves to be at the top of the list. I just find it odd that hogtard gets so much pleasure out of it.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 25, 2017, 10:08:42 am
This. I am going to make a new thread on this as I have been thinking about it before I read your comment.

HeathWimp

Bert has plenty of money to buy ice....so I think his seat will stay cool for the next couple of years.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

WilsonHog

That is erroneous.

Redhogs

So wrong....everybody i know is done with him...and they ain't on Hogville.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogcard1964

Quote from: Redhogs on September 25, 2017, 10:25:54 am
So wrong....everybody i know is done with him...and they ain't on Hogville.

Yea, this was expected. 

3kgthog

Wanna bet? I work with a handful of Hog fans that vocally recognized a problem after the TCU game and not a single one of them has ever been a Hogville member or lurker.

hoglady

We are in a pickle that's for sure.

It the season continues to tank - I imagine Jeff Long will be feeling some heat.
But then you've got that huge buyout that may prohibit making a needed change.
Tough spot.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Redhogs

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 08:02:57 am
You made it big boy!!!  Wooo Hooo!!!

http://coacheshotseat.com/
10-24...and counting. Bet the rest of the SEC hopes he stays here FOREVER.

007 License To Squeal

You are completely wrong......completely...The anger and frustration is not confined to HV.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

carolinahogger

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 08:59:47 am
Wisky is laughing their collective arsses off...

#karma

Bielema is a higher-character version of Nutt.  The joke is on us.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: gchamblee on September 25, 2017, 10:19:54 am
He deserves to be at the top of the list.

What?  Who are you, and why have you hijacked Chamblee's account?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hobhog

Most Hog fans I talk to our sad and frustrated at the season so far and coach B being on hot seat. On here its a cause for celebration........

ke2743

hogcard1964

carolinahogger

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 25, 2017, 09:25:17 am
Everyone with a functioning brain should be thinking exactly the same thing.  Long cannot be allowed to hire another coach.  We would have better luck putting ten names on pieces of paper and picking the one a dog paws at first.

Better yet, let Grovey find one.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jst01

Quote from: tzthib on September 25, 2017, 09:50:13 am
This is sarcasm, right? Sometimes I can't tell.

Yea I was being very sarcastic. Man I just noticed several thought I was serious.

Even last week personalities in the radio, including Irwin, were saying that the Internet opinions aren't shared by the regular fans. That was BS then and even more now.

hawgon

Quote from: carolinahogger on September 25, 2017, 10:39:12 am
Bielema is a higher-character version of Nutt.  The joke is on us.

I suspect that when the worm finally turns, if Bert resists and the hounds are released, you'll find that a lot of that character stuff was simply because lots of things were being overlooked and/or actively covered up.

Fair or not, that always happens.

hoglady

Quote from: hobhog on September 25, 2017, 10:39:48 am
Most Hog fans I talk to our sad and frustrated at the season so far and coach B being on hot seat. On here its a cause for celebration........

Doesn't mean anyone wanted him to fail.
Some of us feel he has failed and that he's just not capable of succeeding here.
So the best thing for the program is for him to move on.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Redhogs

Quote from: jst01 on September 25, 2017, 10:42:39 am
Yea I was being very sarcastic. Man I just noticed several thought I was serious.

Even last week personalities in the radio, including Irwin, were saying that the Internet opinions aren't shared by the regular fans. That was BS then and even more now.
Thanks for clearing that up...was getting ready to recommend some serious couch time. :)

SemperFi

You are dead wrong....dead wrong. I live in Savannah, GA and have heard it from a multitude of people about the Razorbacks. Georgia fans are laughing. Gator fans are laughing. You name the alma mater and they're laughing too. The expectations for Razorback anything just doesn't reside here in Hogville, it's in everything and everywhere there are Razorback fans. I work with several Hog fans and we're getting abused today about the situation on top of the Hill.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan