Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9-12-2015

Started by code red, May 07, 2015, 11:26:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

A-State hosts Mizzou at Jboro.....Hogs with Toledo in the Rock....anyway you can make both???  Have game times specifically been announced?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ZERO

Neither times have been announced, although they're probably both going to be early morning or afternoon games.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

code red

How many does Jboro hold?????  The stadium that is.  I wonder if maybe they might both be night games considering the temperatures that time of year at mid-day.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ZERO

Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

hoghiker

Why in the world would Mizzou play ASU in Jville?

GuvHog

Quote from: ZERO on May 07, 2015, 11:28:06 am
Neither times have been announced, although they're probably both going to be early morning or afternoon games.

Scheduling the ASU - Mizzou game at the same time as the Hogs - Toledo game wouldn't be a very smart move for ASU.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ZERO

They did the same thing with UCF and Toledo. Mizzou is super charitable, I guess.

code red

Quote from: ZERO on May 07, 2015, 11:31:56 am
Dang I would have thought fewer...that place will be crawling with a few Mizzou fans.  One more question....is there a reserved seating or is it first come first serve.

ZERO

Quote from: GuvHog on May 07, 2015, 11:34:10 am
Scheduling the ASU - Mizzou game at the same time as the Hogs - Toledo game wouldn't be a very smart move for ASU.

I don't think they'll be at the same time, but if they're within three or four hours of each other, you won't be able to catch the entirety of either game in person. That sounds tough to work around.

ZERO

Quote from: code red on May 07, 2015, 11:34:31 am
Dang I would have thought fewer...that place will be crawling with a few Mizzou fans.  One more question....is there a reserved seating or is it first come first serve.

Well, I Googled all of your other questions, so I'm afraid I can't answer that for you.

code red

Quote from: ZERO on May 07, 2015, 11:34:30 am
They did the same thing with UCF and Toledo. Mizzou is super charitable, I guess.
Mizzou got burned by Troy and almost cost Pinkel his job.  Of course that is when they were B12.  Now they are in the SEC....losing lots of revenue for that one road OC game.  Someone needs to tell Pinkel...he in the SEC now.

ZERO

Quote from: code red on May 07, 2015, 11:36:19 am
Mizzou got burned by Troy and almost cost Pinkel his job.  Of course that is when they were B12.  Now they are in the SEC....lossing lots of revenue for that on rode OC game.  Someone needs to tell Pinkel...he in the SEC now.

Actually, I was mistaken. South Carolina is the team that played @UCF. But it's still odd that Missouri is doing @stAte and did @Toledo. I'm not sure what the idea behind it is.

code red

Quote from: ZERO on May 07, 2015, 11:36:17 am
Well, I Googled all of your other questions, so I'm afraid I can't answer that for you.
Just driving by looks like all bleacher seats....I assumed all general admission but who knows???

code red

Quote from: ZERO on May 07, 2015, 11:38:03 am
Actually, I was mistaken. South Carolina is the team that played @UCF. But it's still odd that Missouri is doing @stAte and did @Toledo. I'm not sure what the idea behind it is.
That's alot of lost revenue and money for the town of COMO.  Which one game day is harder to find a hotel than Fayetteville.

ZERO

Quote from: code red on May 07, 2015, 11:38:20 am
Just driving by looks like all bleacher seats....I assumed all general admission but who knows???

I don't think Arkansas State has ever hosted a P5 team, or it's been an ungodly long time since they have. I'm sure this game is going to be a sell-out.

I'm also not sure ASU has ever sold out their stadium. They didn't do it one time with Hugh Freeze and Gus Malzahn at the helm. Or Bryan Harsin, who is doing supremely well at Boise State right now, and didn't do terribly at ASU.

code red

Quote from: ZERO on May 07, 2015, 11:44:08 am
I don't think Arkansas State has ever hosted a P5 team, or it's been an ungodly long time since they have. I'm sure this game is going to be a sell-out.

I'm also not sure ASU has ever sold out their stadium. They didn't do it one time with Hugh Freeze and Gus Malzahn at the helm. Or Bryan Harsin, who is doing supremely well at Boise State right now, and didn't do terribly at ASU.
Agreed but Mizzou could be walking into a hornets nest.  Could be interesting esp in Maty Mauk plays like he normally plays.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hoghiker on May 07, 2015, 11:33:38 am

The game is part of a two-game series that Missouri agreed to in January 2013, when they were scrambling to schedule nonconference games.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

GuvHog

Quote from: code red on May 07, 2015, 11:38:20 am

A great deal of the side opposite the press box is metal bleachers and they really need to replace those with a permanent concrete seating area because that looks bad like the end zone seating at WMS.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

code red

I bet AState uses this to drive season tickets big time.

DeltaBoy

I hope ASU beats the Zoo to boot.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: code red on May 07, 2015, 11:51:52 am
I bet AState uses this to drive season tickets big time.

They are trying, they've put a $65 or $75 price on this game, or you can buy season tickets for as low as $100.

GolfNut57

Because they ain't scared?  :P
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: code red on May 07, 2015, 11:34:31 am

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=334&f=4551&t=13831338

ASU is expecting a huge crowd of Tiger fans for this game.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: ZERO on May 07, 2015, 11:44:08 am

We have had a couple over the last few years. One vs Memphis in 2008 I think it was, and another vs MTSU in 2012. Both crowds were over 30K.

Seminole Indian

May 08, 2015, 09:56:07 am #24 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:11:44 am by Seminole Indian
Same reason as Miami, they needed a game, and did not want to pay the $ for a non-return game.

More P5's will be coming to JB, but they would prefer to schedule G5's like those currently on their schedule (Utah State, Toledo, UNLV), but  ideally they would like the regional G5's like Southern Mississippi, La Tech, Memphis, SMU, and Tulsa( who has agreed to to play). Those teams are a little apprehensive about playing them.

No more FCS after UCA.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne