Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over 99,000 Fans . . .

Started by TeufelHog, April 18, 2015, 02:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeufelHog

. . . attend Ohio State Spring Game today.  Must say WOW!

ricepig

onebadrubi

Check out their season ticket sales and wait list, this won't shock you once you see that.  I work closely with a OSU grad.  I hear the ticket debacle all the time. 

3kgthog

7x the population of Fayetteville, 20,000 more students, much better team, and much better tradition. It's not hard to see how they'd draw that many in comparison to say, us.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

TrueBlue

Screw Urban and the Tebow he rode in on.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Last years Ohio state team was the best I've ever witnessed. I can see why they'd be excited.

Sivad

Quote from: TeufelHog on April 18, 2015, 02:23:11 pm
Must say:

Bebop

razorback44

Quote from: Bebop on April 18, 2015, 04:58:05 pm
Weak sauce conference.

That arguement loses all merit when they beat the darn out of Bama and Oregon.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

majestic

Quote from: Bebop on April 18, 2015, 04:58:05 pm
Weak sauce conference.
Just horrible. Ask Saban how crappy they are.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

TeufelHog

I don't care what you say.  Those are some dedicated fans!  Any predictions on how many Razorback fans show-up for our Spring Game???

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 18, 2015, 03:22:54 pm
Last years Ohio state team was the best I've ever witnessed. I can see why they'd be excited.

So good they got beat by a bad V-Tech team by 2 TD's.

Bebop

Quote from: razorback44 on April 18, 2015, 05:14:30 pm
That arguement loses all merit when they beat the darn out of Bama and Oregon.

Wrong. Regardless of those two wins, their schedule was weak.

gmarv

Quote from: TeufelHog on April 18, 2015, 05:25:21 pm
I don't care what you say.  Those are some dedicated fans!  Any predictions on how many Razorback fans show-up for our Spring Game???
if we did what they just did you really think people wouldn,t wanna be at our spring game in large numbers?

Bebop

Quote from: majestic on April 18, 2015, 05:23:40 pm
Just horrible. Ask Saban how crappy they are.

I'd rather ask Saban why he hired Kiffin.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: TeufelHog on April 18, 2015, 02:23:11 pm

Well you can smell the manure from that spring game nation wide

FreshHog

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on April 18, 2015, 05:30:51 pm

Even David beat Goliath...

Even giants stumble my friend.

Although I do believe their weaker schedule can play a part in them feeling better towards the end of a season... But thats no knock on them... 3 Heisman contender worthy QB's in 1 season... Holy moley...

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: FreshHog on April 18, 2015, 05:33:57 pm
Even David beat Goliath...

Even giants stumble my friend.

Although I do believe their weaker schedule can play a part in them feeling better towards the end of a season... But thats no knock on them... 3 Heisman contender worthy QB's in 1 season... Holy moley...

Not gonna deny how good their QB's were, but I'm not gonna pronounce them one of the best teams I've seen either. They got hot at the right time.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on April 18, 2015, 05:30:51 pm

Yet, still managed to roll the Tide & cruise to the title, after each of the 4 having a month to prepare.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PaintballHog

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on April 18, 2015, 05:40:39 pm
Not gonna deny how good their QB's were, but I'm not gonna pronounce them one of the best teams I've seen either. They got hot at the right time.

This. They basically were the college version of Eli and the Giants. Barley made it in while starting to hit on all cylinders. They wouldn't have made it to the SECCG if they were in the west.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: Bebop on April 18, 2015, 05:32:17 pm
I'd rather ask Saban why he hired Kiffin.

He'd tell you because of the 3900 passing yards and 2900 rushing yards.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Bebop

Quote from: HogInFlorida on April 18, 2015, 05:58:38 pm
He'd tell you about the 3900 passing yards and 2900 rushing yards.

Yet one of the most (if not the most) vulnerable Bama teams that have been fielded in Saban's tenure.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: Bebop on April 18, 2015, 06:01:28 pm
Yet one of the most (if not the most) vulnerable Bama teams that have been fielded in Saban's tenure.

Because of the defense, yes. It was Saban's best offense since taking the job. Largely due to Lane Kiffin.
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Bebop

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on April 18, 2015, 05:40:39 pm

Exactly. They didn't have a murder's row of good teams to go through in order to get to the playoff.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Bebop on April 18, 2015, 06:02:30 pm
Exactly. They didn't have a murder's row of good teams to go through in order to get to the playoff.

Based on Bowl Game results neither did Bama.

Bebop

Quote from: HogInFlorida on April 18, 2015, 06:02:17 pm
Because of the defense, yes. It was Saban's best offense since taking the job. Largely due to Lane Kiffin.

I think Bama has had better offenses when they ran the ball more.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: Bebop on April 18, 2015, 06:06:32 pm
I think Bama has had better offenses when they ran the ball more.

They had the #1 offense in the SEC and #9 in the country. Think what you want but the numbers dont lie.

Bebop

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on April 18, 2015, 06:06:25 pm
Based on Bowl Game results neither did Bama.

Bama's competition was more difficult than OSU.

Bebop

Quote from: HogInFlorida on April 18, 2015, 06:07:43 pm
They had the #1 offense in the SEC and #9 in the country. Think what you want but the numbers dont lie.

They passed more which helped their yardage and overall standing. They were more dominant in the past (and even this year to a degree) when they ran the ball.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Bebop on April 18, 2015, 06:11:30 pm
Bama's competition was more difficult than OSU.

No it wasn't.

Bebop

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on April 18, 2015, 06:14:50 pm
No it wasn't.

Oh no, watch for the mighty Maryland Terrapins. Look there, the ruthless Indiana Hoosiers. I scare of the Illinois Fighting Illini. They lost their out of conference game against Virginia Tech. Ohio State's schedule is a joke.

Hawgzinbowlz

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Steef

Who the heck cares about the legumes?

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Bebop on April 18, 2015, 06:01:28 pm

Agreed
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

majestic

Quote from: Bebop on April 18, 2015, 06:27:05 pm
Oh no, watch for the mighty Maryland Terrapins. Look there, the ruthless Indiana Hoosiers. I scare of the Illinois Fighting Illini. They lost their out of conference game against Virginia Tech. Ohio State's schedule is a joke.
Yet, they still thumped bama.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Torqued pork

I respect the passion of their fans. They love and support their team no matter what. Isn't that what fans are supposed to do?

HF#1

Bama only had 65k.  The program is really on the decline.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HogWall Jackson

They have Coach 'Vomit' Meyer too! :puke:

TeufelHog

Sad thing is . . . Arkansas launched tOSU into the playoff by beating Ole Miss.

Bebop

Quote from: majestic on April 18, 2015, 07:47:02 pm
Yet, they still thumped bama.

That's totally my point. *sarcasm*

They played two good teams in the playoff and won. Good for them. Outside of Michigan St. their schedule was weak. They had an easier journey to get to the playoff than other teams. They are a good team in a weak conference with the least possible resistance to making it to the playoffs.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hoggish1

Yawn...

Vermin Meyer.  Double Yawn......

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

LRRandy

Quote from: TeufelHog on April 18, 2015, 08:03:14 pm
Sad thing is . . . Arkansas launched tOSU into the playoff by beating Ole Miss.
thanks
This is fun, isn't it.

atekido

atekido

Quote from: secneahog on April 18, 2015, 10:13:02 pm
Mmk

Nice try but one its only data from Google.  as many people that use google there is still MORE people who don't rofl.  and Second there is a Reason the "browns"  was first.  or have you never heard of some guy named Manziel.

bennyl08

Quote from: atekido on April 19, 2015, 12:43:32 am
Nice try but one its only data from Google.  as many people that use google there is still MORE people who don't rofl.  and Second there is a Reason the "browns"  was first.  or have you never heard of some guy named Manziel.

Yeah, those who don't use google are basically those without Internet.

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/search-engines

Google almost has more unique visitors than the next 10 combined.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Bebop

Quote from: atekido on April 19, 2015, 12:42:11 am
They would have curb stomped us.

I never mentioned them playing us. It's a matter of playing better competition. OSU is a good team in a weak conference. Their road to the playoffs would have been harder if they where in the SEC.