Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steve Shields

Started by OldCoot, March 18, 2015, 05:23:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldCoot

March 18, 2015, 05:23:04 pm Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:10:19 pm by OldCoot
Does anyone know why?  His first really bad season in a while.  He is the winningest coach in UALR bball history.

Why would this thread be anywhere but here? And the only response is idiotic.

GolfNut57

Because they were unhappy with him and unlike ASU......they had the money available to fire him. Brady can thanks his lucky stars he still has his job. If ASU could have afforded it he would be out of a job right now.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

TrueBlue

Under .500 6 out of 12 years

Only one post season in 12 years

Attendance at an all time low

The only reason he is the winningest, is because of the length of his tenure, 12 years is long enough. If it were the Hogs, he would have been been gone in 3.

Kicking Wing

Losing season in 5 of the last regular seasons I believe.  They had a losing record going into the conference tournament the one year they made a run to the NCAA.  Even the one winning record in recent years was one game over .500 I think.

TrueBlue is right, 12 years is a LONG time to endure mediocrity.  We gave Steve Roberts a decade but he at least made our football program competitive.

There is no reason that UALR or ASU can't have a Northern Iowa, Wichita State or VCU type season every once in a while.

Dr. Starcs

If he's related to Robert I can understand why.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Kicking Wing on March 19, 2015, 10:20:30 am
Losing season in 5 of the last regular seasons I believe.  They had a losing record going into the conference tournament the one year they made a run to the NCAA.  Even the one winning record in recent years was one game over .500 I think.

TrueBlue is right, 12 years is a LONG time to endure mediocrity.  We gave Steve Roberts a decade but he at least made our football program competitive.

There is no reason that UALR or ASU can't have a Northern Iowa, Wichita State or VCU type season every once in a while.

A thread about UALR and somehow you found a way to bring up ASU.......................Why am I NOT surprised.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Kicking Wing

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 21, 2015, 10:17:30 am
A thread about UALR and somehow you found a way to bring up ASU…………………..Why am I NOT surprised.
the situations are almost identical.  If you had half a brain you could see it.  I am NOT surprised.

ricepig

Quote from: Kicking Wing on March 23, 2015, 04:23:00 pm
the situations are almost identical.  If you had half a brain you could see it.  I am NOT surprised.

Well, someone can hire Dickey now, he's available and out of work.

DeltaBoy

Steve is a great guy but he never was able to produce enough wins.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Kicking Wing on March 23, 2015, 04:23:00 pm

The half brained one here isn't me..................it's you. You could have used any analogy or "almost" identical situations BUT as ALWAYS you had to interject asu into it some way, shape or form no matter what. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi