Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Syracuse probation

Started by ricepig, March 06, 2015, 11:13:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

NCAA's #Syracuse penalties include 5-yr probation, scholarship reductions, vacation of wins, 9-game suspension for Jim Boeheim.

A #Syracuse booster provided more than $8,000 in cash to 3 football & 2 men's basketball students for volunteering at the YMCA, per NCAA.

NCAA says "During the 10-year period of violations,(Jim Boeheim) did not promote an atmosphere of compliance" .. ouch.

The NCAA taking away 3 scholarships per year for 4 years from Syracuse basketball is a big, big deal. Crippling. Wow.

jesterzzn

opineonswine

I'm no fan of Syracuse but this is insane:

http://syracuse.scout.com/story/1524403-syracuse-responds-to-ncaa-sanctions?s=185&utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=150306_newsroom_scouthoops%20(1)&utm_content=&spMailingID=22246885&spUserID=ODkxNTQwMTM2ODAS1&spJobID=520661139&spReportId=NTIwNjYxMTM5S0

ricepig

Well, it seems Boeheim skipped the after game PC, first one missed ever, total b.s. I look for him to quit in the next week.

Dr. Starcs

He's too prideful to quit.

Hope they how after unc and uk the same way.

husker71

Kornheiser knows him just about as well as anybody and says he will not quit.  I go back to the days he and Dave Bing were the backcourt there.  Who would they hire??  One of his assistants or are they disqualified now??

yraciv

Quote from: husker71 on March 10, 2015, 07:39:43 pm
Kornheiser knows him just about as well as anybody and says he will not quit.  I go back to the days he and Dave Bing were the backcourt there.  Who would they hire??  One of his assistants or are they disqualified now??

I'm sure Bernie Fine would take over! What a mess!