Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Portis is AP 2nd Team All-American

Started by jbcarol, March 30, 2015, 11:53:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

jesterzzn

Quote from: catfanNar on March 30, 2015, 03:32:34 pm
Just to let you know you won't win many arguments here i tried back in the day lol. Kinda like a Louisville poster on a UK board.

The hilarious thing is that almost everyone (including Hogvillians) will concede that Townes is the most talented player in the SEC except Kentucky fans.  Bizarre.

jesterzzn

Quote from: Danny J on March 30, 2015, 09:22:51 pm
Here is what is confusing......wasn't Portis named unanimous AP SEC POY? If that is the case then how the hell is he second team AP All-American why WCS is first team? I would love someone explain that to me.

Because people that likely only saw Arkansas play three games all year votes counted just as much as people that covered the SEC every day.

jgphillips3

Townes is a guy you can build a team around...a complete player.  We won't give WCS props because he is only a game changer when paired with all those other 7 footers allowing him to be free to guard anywhere on the floor.  If WCS was a team's only big man he would not be regarded so highly because of his limitations.  He'll still get a paycheck but he gets WAY too much love than he deserves because of what all of the other studs on the team allow him to do.

JenksHawg

Quote from: hogman99 on March 30, 2015, 12:31:54 pm
Not even the best player on his team.

The same can be said of Bobby as well at times

RazorPiggie

UKChamps

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 31, 2015, 05:42:33 pm
Townes is a guy you can build a team around...a complete player.  We won't give WCS props because he is only a game changer when paired with all those other 7 footers allowing him to be free to guard anywhere on the floor.  If WCS was a team's only big man he would not be regarded so highly because of his limitations.  He'll still get a paycheck but he gets WAY too much love than he deserves because of what all of the other studs on the team allow him to do.

Townes is the most talented player on the team, no doubt.  Willie has contributed the intangibles on the court through the course of the season.   Wonder if Bill Self would recruit him now?  He sure didn't back in the day. 

Beaverfever

Quote from: JenksHawg on April 01, 2015, 05:29:01 am
The same can be said of Bobby as well at times
I thought during post-season play Qualls was clearly our most valuable player.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Beaverfever on April 02, 2015, 01:05:55 am
I thought during post-season play Qualls was clearly our most valuable player.

Without a doubt. Portis looked like he forgot what he had been doing all year long.

talley

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 02, 2015, 06:06:18 pm
Without a doubt. Portis looked like he forgot what he had been doing all year long.

Looked to me the secret was out that Portis was our offense... And if you triple team him we are EVEN MORE one dimensional... The man still got a double double the last game

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: talley on April 02, 2015, 06:11:01 pm
Looked to me the secret was out that Portis was our offense... And if you triple team him we are EVEN MORE one dimensional... The man still got a double double the last game

But he missed lay ups even when he wasn't double teamed. Maybe he got wore down, Idk. But to me, if I'm 6'10" I'm trying to tear the goal down every chance I get.

talley

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 02, 2015, 06:15:40 pm
But he missed lay ups even when he wasn't double teamed. Maybe he got wore down, Idk. But to me, if I'm 6'10" I'm trying to tear the goal down every chance I get.

I agree... Unless you're getting guarded by 3 6'10 guys... The. Your probably getting your stuff packed lol

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: talley on April 02, 2015, 06:23:24 pm
I agree... Unless you're getting guarded by 3 6'10 guys... The. Your probably getting your stuff packed lol

I'm still trying. Lol They didn't deter Qualls., Portis needs to have some of that attitude towards attacking the rim.

LRRandy

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 30, 2015, 03:52:33 pm
Because most people on here don't go to other team's message boards. We don't understand the logic. Why would I ever go to a UK board?
yeah, you tell 'em.
This is fun, isn't it.