Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Pastner & Arizona State rumors

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 28, 2015, 10:15:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Coaching Changes ‏@CoachingChanges 8m8 minutes ago
Josh Pastner is working overtime to get his hands on Arizona State

This could really help open the floodgates for recruiting in the Bluff City.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

EastMemphisHog

He is done in Memphis in a year either way. He should take any job he can get

Acehawg

March 28, 2015, 11:55:54 pm #2 Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 12:27:31 am by Acehawg
Him staying would be better for our Memphis recruiting,  He's burned all the bridges.

Thepigdoctor

Interesting. Have to wonder if a new staff would retain Lawson, if Pastner would try to bring him and the sons to another spot, and if out of beautiful spite Memphis would allow them out of their LOI's but restrict them from wherever Pastner went.

Obviously, we don't have an open spot at this time, but if there was interest, I can think of at least a couple players I'd really love to see encouraged to pursue other options where they may be a better fit.

Tusks

pastner is a great asset to the hog program.  tiger high alums are not going to let the best players in memphis come to arkansas.

but if paster keeps losing then those next level guys can sneak out.  beck, stewert, etc.

which i think is ok.  you get another cal in there then those players ride the bench over there vs play  for the hogs.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HOGINTENNESSEE

Smart move by Pastner. Get out before the firing squad.

Who could Memphis get?

latrops

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 28, 2015, 10:15:34 pm
Coaching Changes ‏@CoachingChanges 8m8 minutes ago
Josh Pastner is working overtime to get his hands on Arizona State

This could really help open the floodgates for recruiting in the Bluff City.

Why would anyone really want Pastner?  He has recruited fairly well, but decent regular seasons in mediocre conferences have not resulted in any NCAAT success at all.  He should be another down year from getting fired at Memphis....not on the cusp of landing a power conference job.

jackflash

I don't how Josh is good for Arkansas recruiting. We haven't got many from Memphis with him there.

Smithian

We need Pastner right where he is. Solid record of underachievement.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: jackflash on March 29, 2015, 11:12:39 am
I don't how Josh is good for Arkansas recruiting. We haven't got many from Memphis with him there.
I agree.  Pastner has not pushed any of the top level guys from Memphis in our direction.  Which Super recruits from Memphis are wearing hog uniforms.  Bell?  LOL

Acehawg

Supposedly he has burned bridges with the local Memphis coaches over the last year or so.  Some rumors out there that Nick King will transfer here, I'm not sure that will happen though.

But the idea is this, no he hasn't pushed them here in the past, but it could happen in the future if he stays.

Danny J

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 29, 2015, 12:49:54 pm
I agree.  Pastner has not pushed any of the top level guys from Memphis in our direction.  Which Super recruits from Memphis are wearing hog uniforms.  Bell?  LOL
I don't think Pastner has a lot of control over any of the local players one way or another. I think know matter who the coach is they are going to be pushed to Memphis unless they drop back off the map which is what will likely happen if Pastner stays.

rude1

Quote from: Danny J on March 29, 2015, 01:14:40 pm
I don't think Pastner has a lot of control over any of the local players one way or another. I think know matter who the coach is they are going to be pushed to Memphis unless they drop back off the map which is what will likely happen if Pastner stays.
Agreed. The Memphis connection has been dead for years now and it hasn't came back no matter who the coach over there is, anyone thinking what happens with Pastner is going to change it hasn't been paying attention for awhile now.

chiefhawg

The elephant in the room concerning Memphis is Ben Howland at MSU. He has a top recruiter on his staff in Korey McCray.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: chiefhawg on March 29, 2015, 01:22:25 pm
The elephant in the room concerning Memphis is Ben Howland at MSU. He has a top recruiter on his staff in Korey McCray.

As long as Pastner is at Memphis, I am not for sure if Howland/McCray will be able to get any of the top level talent out of Memphis.

I presume Howland is going to be the most focused on getting the top level talent out of the State of Mississippi, the Atlanta, GA area and the State of Alabama (Atlanta and Alabama are McCray's main recruiting area specialty), the West Coast (Howland's recruiting connections out West), and the Northeast (Howland's recruiting connections from his time at Pittsburgh).

husker71

Pastners are/were big in Houston AAU basketball.  That could be a help for him + watch which good SoCal recruiter he gets.  I agree he is a fail for what they expect at Memphis.  Following Cal got not be easy after a couple of years just wait and see what happens if Cal leaves for the pros.  My guess is Kentucky may go into the pros to get a replacement unless they could somehow get Donavon.