Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fan Delusion

Started by WilsonHog, March 28, 2015, 06:52:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

March 28, 2015, 06:52:23 pm Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:22:31 pm by WilsonHog
I have to laugh at some of the fans of schools with coaching vacancies. Fans of every school with an opening are starting with the coaching "A" list, like all it would take is a phone call. I would love to see one of those coaches send back this message:

"You want me to coach at your school? Love to!! All you're going to need to do is pay me, oh, let's say $10 million a year with no buy-out when I leave your darn hole. Oh, yeah, if you decide to fire me, you pay me $10 mil. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and name your arena after my wife, too."

3kgthog

I thought we weren't allowed to skirt the censor by using asterisks, symbols, or punctuation marks?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 28, 2015, 07:12:19 pm
I thought we weren't allowed to skirt the censor by using asterisks, symbols, or punctuation marks?

poster delusion

Learn your place here boy. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

WilsonHog

You are 100% correct. Thank you for reminding me. I appreciate it, and will change it immediately.

GatorHog

edited

Boarcephus

Sounds like Saban's reply to Texas just before they hired Strong.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Lips

While you're laughing at other schools, remember this, we had a lot on here thinking that we were really going to get John Gruden

Danny J

Quote from: Lips on March 28, 2015, 07:31:58 pm
While you're laughing at other schools, remember this, we had a lot on here thinking that we were really going to get John Gruden
A lot of gullible people......As a matter of fact HogInIns was one of the main people, made a bet with me and then disappeared.

Smokehouse

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 28, 2015, 06:52:23 pm
I have to laugh at some of the fans of schools with coaching vacancies. Fans of every school with an opening are starting with the coaching "A" list, like all it would take is a phone call. I would love to see one of those coaches send back this message:

"You want me to coach at your school? Love to!! All you're going to need to do is pay me, oh, let's say $10 million a year with no buy-out when I leave your darn hole. Oh, yeah, if you decide to fire me, you pay me $10 mil. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and name your arena after my wife, too."

So you're telling me Shaka Smart and Gregg Marshall won't be signing up for Bama and Tennessee?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

berryhog

Quote from: Danny J on March 28, 2015, 07:39:03 pm
A lot of gullible people......As a matter of fact HogInIns was one of the main people, made a bet with me and then disappeared.

Kinda funny how several of that group got mad and left and have now crawled back.

jry04

Tennessee is a better job than Bama, but Bama has a better chance at hiring a big name coach. However, Texas is filling their vacancy first.

intelligence

A lesser mod would have banned 3kgthog for that comment. good on you Wilsonator

hawgmasta

I had no idea that was a rule honestly. Thanks for the heads up.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

We might have had a shot at John Gruden driving here to take the job with George Costanza riding shotgun in John Voight's former car...

Now, JON Gruden is a different story...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

TulsaJack32

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on March 28, 2015, 08:42:06 pm
We might have had a shot at John Gruden driving here to take the job with George Costanza riding shotgun in John Voight's former car...

Excellent!

BTW, don't forget the pencil. 

latrops

Quote from: Smokehouse on March 28, 2015, 07:49:25 pm
So you're telling me Shaka Smart and Gregg Marshall won't be signing up for Bama and Tennessee?

Shaka better make a move fairly soon.  The memory of that Final Four in 2011 is starting to fade after four straight NCAAT trips that have ended on the first weekend.  Where he had been perceived as one of the top bright, young coaches....some may be starting to wonder whether the tournament run he made a few years ago was a fluke.

greasy_corner

only a handful of posters and one mod, who were all hoping to see more nekked pics. 

Go hogs! :razorback:

berryhog

Quote from: greasy_corner on March 28, 2015, 10:24:57 pm
only a handful of posters and one mod, who were all hoping to see more nekked pics. 

Go hogs! :razorback:

Nice save.  Also had an admin almost get sucked in before the ship went down.

TexArkHogFan

Marshall said yesterday that he was "interested" in the Texas job and that Alabama was "wasting their time".  lol. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Hogimus Prime

Bama's best bet would be to hire Tom Penders's mullet as head coach and Roy Williams's plaid jacket as an assistant.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on March 28, 2015, 08:42:06 pm

That's the genius of it. +1
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rude1

Fans and even sometimes AD's believe they have one of the sexiest jobs in the nation, then suddenly after the current coach is fired and they start down their list systematically striking out candidate after candidate, they realize it's not nearly as sexy of a position as they believed it was. Usually ending up with someone who was completely off the dream list in the beginning.

For others who have no stake in it, it sure is a fun time to watch other program's fan bases dream big, then watch the pain as they realize they had to settle for an up and comer, then watch as others work the damage control by pumping the up and comer to be greater than he is.......

gmarv

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 28, 2015, 06:52:23 pm

the only thing is if you ain,t delusional your probable not a fan.

Buff

Hush, peon